PDA

View Full Version : Drop The Puck, Ref!

marnold
October 3rd, 2007, 12:29 PM
Since there is a preponderance of Canucks on this board, I would assume you would be willing to join me in a toast to the start of the NHL season! I'm going to be able to see my beloved Red Wings on Versus tonight, although I've got a meeting so I'll only see the beginning and the end. I tried the NHL's new online version of Center Ice which worked reasonably well, but if I were ever to get it I'd get the standard T.V. version.

sunvalleylaw
October 3rd, 2007, 12:42 PM
Since there is a preponderance of Canucks on this board, I would assume you would be willing to join me in a toast to the start of the NHL season! I'm going to be able to see my beloved Red Wings on Versus tonight, although I've got a meeting so I'll only see the beginning and the end. I tried the NHL's new online version of Center Ice which worked reasonably well, but if I were ever to get it I'd get the standard T.V. version.

I'll join you in that. I am not a huge fan, but do enjoy it when I get the chance. Here at the local games (bush league), there used to be a tradition of throwing a fish in the direction of the opposing goalie after a goal has been scored. Has anyone else seen that one?

marnold
October 3rd, 2007, 12:46 PM
I'll join you in that. I am not a huge fan, but do enjoy it when I get the chance. Here at the local games (bush league), there used to be a tradition of throwing a fish in the direction of the opposing goalie after a goal has been scored. Has anyone else seen that one?
Remember I root for a team that considers it great to keep an octopus in your trousers for the whole game and throw it on to the ice late in the third period. Sadly, there is no octopus-chucking smily.

duhvoodooman
October 3rd, 2007, 01:15 PM
....a preponderance of Canucks....
Is that like a gaggle of geese, a pride of lions, or an exaltation of larks?? ;)

Spudman
October 3rd, 2007, 02:27 PM
Remember I root for a team that considers it great to keep an octopus in your trousers for the whole game and throw it on to the ice late in the third period.

I always thought that was a bass player thing. Hmmmm.:crazyguy:

R_of_G
October 3rd, 2007, 02:47 PM
I may live in Florida, 1000 miles from my beloved Flyers, but I remain a rabid hockey fan. While I am not a fan of the team, it is good to have the Tampa Bay Lightning in my city so I can go see live NHL action [when I can afford it].

zeusse
October 3rd, 2007, 02:51 PM
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/3118/christopherhindandreflg7.jpgOk its all hockey at my house outside of guitar of course this shot is from last year of my son Chris he's short but a fireball on ice its AAAhockey for those not familiar with the levels this is as high as you can get....their like miniature NHL players without the salaries...LOL.......oy and the old man still plays too...pics from our beer leaugue......But we are Toronto Maple Leafs fans even when there hasn't been a Stanley Cup in 40years........jeeeshh

Algonquin
October 3rd, 2007, 04:55 PM
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/3118/christopherhindandreflg7.jpgOk its all hockey at my house outside of guitar of course this shot is from last year of my son Chris he's short but a fireball on ice its AAAhockey for those not familiar with the levels this is as high as you can get....their like miniature NHL players without the salaries...LOL.......oy and the old man still plays too...pics from our beer leaugue......But we are Toronto Maple Leafs fans even when there hasn't been a Stanley Cup in 40years........jeeeshh

A fan who sticks with him team through the good times and the bad, is likely the type of friend who will stand by you through the good times and the bad.

:beer: 5 for fighting!

Game on...