PDA

View Full Version : Adding a Neck Pickup

marnold
October 3rd, 2007, 12:49 PM
I was just looking at my Fender Showmaster Celtic H (http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM03/Content/Fender/PR/Showmaster-Celtic-H.html) and wondered about the viability of adding a neck pickup to it. I really like the guitar but would like it to have a bit more tonal flexability. My main concerns are with the basswood body and the set neck. I wouldn't want to compromise the neck joint. I'd probably look at adding a Seymour Duncan Jazz to it. I'd also have to put in a pup selector. Thoughts? Crazy? Leave it as it is and be thankful?

duhvoodooman
October 3rd, 2007, 01:07 PM
I'd leave it as is. That's a very cool guitar, and a model that you don't see all that often. I suspect it's likely to appreciate in value over time, if you leave it stock and don't bugger it up. All the required routing work--even if perfectly done--could easily change the guitar's tone and sustain characteristics. Besides, being a single pickup guitar is kind of what makes it what it is.

If you want a dual humbucker guitar, maybe you should check out one of those new Xaviere's.... :drool: