PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like to Play/Jam with.......

Fingers
October 4th, 2007, 08:41 AM
They could be dead or alive..............or both, in the case of Keith Richards............

.......they could be at your playing level or a level you aspire to.........

You would be up on stage, in front of an audience..............

So who would it be.........

For me....The Stones....sheer, live, enjoyment............the after gig party would be good to....................!!!!!!!!

Robert
October 4th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Jimi Hendrix!

SuperSwede
October 4th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Rob Jiron!

just strum
October 4th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Eric Clapton

R_of_G
October 4th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Marc Ribot

Tone2TheBone
October 4th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Carl-Henrik Nordqvist!

sunvalleylaw
October 4th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Robert. A bunch of other guys here too that I have listed in the influence thread. Been there, done that with Spudman, and can't wait to get to do it again.

Brian Krashpad
October 4th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Ah, the Stones would be great indeed. Chuck Berry, the Sex Pistols, the Clash, the Who, Brooooooce ...

And of course I'd say Bo Diddley... but I've already done that! ;)

tunghaichuan
October 4th, 2007, 12:18 PM
David Lindley

Spudman
October 4th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Carl, Rob, Robert - Guitars
Jamie Salazar - Drums
Randy George - Bass
Neal Morse - Keys and Vox

tot_Ou_tard
October 4th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Ah sh!t, all those great people would scare me to death.

I'll say someone who understands where I am trying to go with my playing & who could pull my level up.

A no-name player with soul n' groove.

Adrian30
October 4th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Hendrix and SRV

sunvalleylaw
October 7th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Bump!!! For professional players, I now say Mayer, if it was long enough for me to settle in and learn. But in reality, the folks I want to jam with are right here. Mr. Swede, Robert, Spud, DVM, Justa, Warren, Aeolian, I would love to hear R_of_G, lots of the newer guys (basically I mean everyone since 2007).

We need to start up a new jam collaboration this fall. Fall is an excellent time for such things. I am thinking a bluesey backer of some kind. Preferably one that allows for going toward jazz, or rock, or just bluesing out, and can basically be extended for a long time so whoever wants to add on, can. Who wants to pick one? Suggestions? I will put up my hack recording, so I would love it if all out there would feel comfortable contributing. :rar :rockon: :R :greenguitar: :beavisnbutthead: :beer: :R :DR

Eric
October 7th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Never saw this thread before. I'd say probably Ty Tabor -- he seems like a nice guy.

As far as a collaboration, how many guitar overdubs can one recording handle??? I'm game, but I'm not sure how it'll work. Have you guys done anything like that before?

sunvalleylaw
October 7th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Yep. The backing track was loaded up to box.net, and the collab was downloaded, recorded on, then uploaded back on box.net for more collaborators.

This one from January, 2008 is a good example.

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=5557

Here is one where some of the more advanced players ripped it up.

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=1878

sunvalleylaw
October 7th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Ok, let's use the track Robert gave us here:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=15317

Unless someone else wants to use something else. (we could always have a couple going anyway).

I will start a new thread in the collab section this. Robert, can we load this one on box.net like most of the other collabs have been? This one is nice and slow, has nice tones to play over, and a guy can either shred over this, or keep it simple and soulful. I probably cannot record anything until this weekend but will contribute then I hope. In the meantime, if anyone wants to hop in . . .

Tips, download the track from box.net once we have it there, import it into garageband or audacity or whatever, mic up your amph or plug your guitar into your interface, and record away. Adjust your levels in Audacity or Garageband so your contribution fits in the mix, save it as a MP3, then upload it back to box.net so others can add on. Easy! And don't worry if it is not your magnum opus or whatever, it's just jamming around. :thumbsup

Edit: Here is the link to the new collab thread: http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=16565

warren0728
October 7th, 2010, 03:05 PM
my pick would be warren haynes....

ibanezjunkie
October 7th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Alexi Laiho, and dare i say Herman Li? would atleast be interesting.

whats the similarity between megadrive and ibanez?

you can play mario on it!

Tig
October 7th, 2010, 04:05 PM
I think I'd enjoy jamming and hanging out with George Harrison the most. Such an incredibly gifted musician and spiritual master.

Since he's gone, maybe Carlos Santana or BB King. Wait, I just remembered one more... Billy Gibbons!
Dang, too many to choose from!

Katastrophe
October 7th, 2010, 07:31 PM
I'd love to jam with anyone from TheFret. It would be a blast!

That said, I'd love to jam with George Lynch and Paul Gilbert. Or, rather, I would like to watch them play and pick my jaw up from the floor.

Of course Billy Gibbons would probably be a fun, laid back jam. Joe Bonamassa would be cool to jam with, too.

Eric
October 7th, 2010, 07:36 PM
That said, I'd love to jam with George Lynch and Paul Gilbert. Or, rather, I would like to watch them play and pick my jaw up from the floor.
:rotflmao:

FrankenFretter
October 7th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Josh Homme. He may not be a guitar virtuoso, but he is unique, and he seems like he'd be fun to jam with.

I had a good time jamming with BCDon a little while back, and I still plan on jamming with Heywood. Jamming with fellow Fretters is great!

Jx2
October 7th, 2010, 10:40 PM
So many to choose from it would probably depend on my mood of the day.
Slash, Page, Dime, Albert King, SRV, Jimi, Krueger, DeLeo brothers, Trujillo, Buddy Holly to name a few....:dance

But if I really had to choose just one Id have to go with Joe Satriani. After all he taught Steve Vai and Kirk Hammett amoung others. If I couldnt pick up a few things from Satch especially if he took the time to show me stuff Id better just hang it up. I have to admit though....for me I really started to get into Satch after he joined up with Chickenfoot. At first I expected over the top leads alot like early Zakk Wylde stuff, Zakk's still out there but not as bad as he once was. However, Satch seemed to fit the groove more of a traditonal lead guitarist never really taking the solo's to over the top and mainting the vibe of the music without really over extending the song.

R_of_G
October 8th, 2010, 05:25 AM
I think I'd enjoy jamming and hanging out with George Harrison the most. Such an incredibly gifted musician and spiritual master.

I'd have loved to play with George as well, since he's the reason I ever picked up a guitar in the first place. I tend to think that if I had gotten the opportunity to spend time with him I'd have never gotten around to playing because I'd just want to talk to him for hours on end as there are huge swaths of overlap in our thinking.

SemiHollow
October 15th, 2010, 07:46 AM
You don't hear this guy's name mentioned too much but... John Scofield. Def has a unique style.

sumitomo
October 15th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Roach Mulligan of course!,but to name a name you all might know it would be Suggie Otis!Sumi:D

Katastrophe
October 15th, 2010, 07:01 PM
You don't hear this guy's name mentioned too much but... John Scofield. Def has a unique style.

If I had the chance to jam with Scofield, it would go something like this:

Kat arrives with guitar and amph

Scofield starts to play

*THUMP* Kat passes out, after realizing that he's just not worthy

Scofield chuckles.

R_of_G
October 15th, 2010, 10:40 PM
If I had the chance to jam with Scofield, it would go something like this:

Kat arrives with guitar and amph

Scofield starts to play

*THUMP* Kat passes out, after realizing that he's just not worthy

Scofield chuckles.

I'm not sure Sco would even get in the door before I passed out. I was awestruck enough seeing him play live a few years ago.