PDA

View Full Version : Stolen from another forum

Tone2TheBone
October 4th, 2007, 08:49 AM
I present to you the best reason for firing your guitar tech.

http://www.stereogum.com/archives/video/van-halen-needs-a-guitar-tech.html

Spoiler! - That sounds so bad now I'm wondering if it wasn't recorded over. Made me cry and want to hide. Ok you urban legend types is this for real?

Bloozcat
October 4th, 2007, 09:46 AM
That made me a little queezy....:puke:

Big_Rob
October 4th, 2007, 10:17 AM
OUCH!!!!

That gives a new definition to what I call that song.

Junk

SuperSwede
October 4th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Dont blame the guitar tech... EVH was probably loaded with various white substances.

Big_Rob
October 4th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Dont blame the guitar tech... EVH was probably loaded with various white substances.

Hehehehe. She dont lie, She dont lie, She dont lie....

Tone2TheBone
October 4th, 2007, 11:22 AM
If that's real what I'm wondering is why wouldn't he have stopped playing and ran to the side throwing the offending instrument into the face of the guitar tech and demanding a tuned one before the song got too far! If that video is real wouldn't you think he would have done that?

Big_Rob
October 4th, 2007, 11:37 AM
If that's real what I'm wondering is why wouldn't he have stopped playing and ran to the side throwing the offending instrument into the face of the guitar tech and demanding a tuned one before the song got too far! If that video is real wouldn't you think he would have done that?

I dont know about that, It did sound like DLR singing.

marnold
October 4th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Ummm . . . yikes? I'm wondering if the problem was in fact with the keyboard. The keyboard riff is a half-step sharper in the live version than on the recording. I was trying to play the bass line along with them (you can't actually hear Wolfie, but I was playing what it should be based on the keyboards) and the main bass progression on the recording is C, F, G. In the live version it is C#, F#, G#. Mayhaps that they need a keyboard tech.

Unless, of course, they're playing everything down a half-step. Then the riff would be played as D, G, A (although it would actually sound like C#, F#, G#). Then the problem would be that Eddie's guitar would be in standard tuning. Or Eddie's fallen off the wagon again. I hope not.

If that was somehow faked, they did a very good job of it.

Tone2TheBone
October 4th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Ummm . . . yikes? I'm wondering if the problem was in fact with the keyboard. The keyboard riff is a half-step sharper in the live version than on the recording. I was trying to play the bass line along with them (you can't actually hear Wolfie, but I was playing what it should be based on the keyboards) and the main bass progression on the recording is C, F, G. In the live version it is C#, F#, G#. Mayhaps that they need a keyboard tech.

Unless, of course, they're playing everything down a half-step. Then the riff would be played as D, G, A (although it would actually sound like C#, F#, G#). Then the problem would be that Eddie's guitar would be in standard tuning. Or Eddie's fallen off the wagon again. I hope not.

If that was somehow faked, they did a very good job of it.

I also tried to hear the bass line to compare but I couldn't off the vid. What you're saying is also a reasonable possibility. The keys "key" from the intro is different than the intro to Jump and it did sound a step higher in pitch. I just winced listening to it and like Blooz it actually made me queasy.

Spudman
October 4th, 2007, 05:39 PM
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
LOL!

:puke: