PDA

View Full Version : Any Canucks ordered from Guitarfetish ?

ted s
October 4th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Any problems with delivery ? surprise fees, brokerage and the like ?
Wanted to ask before I pull the trigger on some stuff.

thanks

Robert
October 4th, 2007, 02:56 PM
I ordered some stuff. No problems to report.

The order was for 129.08 and shipping was 28.00 with USPS.

Bloozcat
October 5th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Remember how the North American Free Trade Agreement was supposed to remove barriers and make trade between the US, Canada, and Mexico easier?

So far, the only benefits I've seen have been for corporations who moved manufacturing facilities to Mexico to take advantage of the cheap labor there. Now there are even some corporations that are importing goods into Mexico from lower cost Asian markets so that they can then move them across the border into the US and Canada with fewer trade restrictions. In the meantime, guys like us are still randomly hassled by customs over small orders shipped between the US and Canada. This is "free trade"? :whatever:

t_ross33
October 5th, 2007, 07:31 AM
I've ordered from GFS before, and have plans for more in the future :drool:

P'ups, pickguards etc. probably won't have any hidden charges. Not sure about having to pay duty on guitars though :confused:

Great people to deal with. Quick response to any delivery problems etc.

Trev

ted s
October 5th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Good stuff guy's, that's what I was hoping to hear.

Algonquin
October 6th, 2007, 05:48 AM
Good morning Ted. I'd be interested to hear how it goes for you if you order.

They have some nice '51 replacement pick guards I wouldn't mind ordering. (Folks, don't read their description on what the Squier's are made of) :rotflmao:

Since we live fairly close to each other up here in the 'Great White North', I wonder how the shipping company will deal with transportation over the fozen tundra and Arctic ice flows. Dog sled maybe?

Cheers, :beer:

David

Jampy
October 9th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Yes keep us posted I have no plans to order anything any time soon but there site is awsome so I know I will get bitten one day..

ted s
October 9th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Will do guys, I ordered the Strat overwound staggered set and the switch/pot/jack upgrade kit. Incl. shipping was just under $100 I think (can't remember) It's for my Turser Strat. I already put Fender vintage tuners in it, I think this should be the last upgrade for this cheapy surprise.

~ $77. shipped today USPS, I only placed the order last Thursday. Great service so far.

Algonquin
October 9th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Great! Looks like someone has a soldering project to do!

Cheers... :beer:

David

ted s
October 23rd, 2007, 03:06 PM
Just an update, goods arrived in my mailbox today. Order placed on Oct.5 (fri.) shipped on the 9th USPS, arrived the 23rd.
No surprises or damage.
Great service.
Thanks Jay at Guitarfetish.

Algonquin
October 23rd, 2007, 03:13 PM
Great news!

Thanks for the update Ted, from a fellow 'Great White Northerner'

Cheers! :beer:

David

ted s
October 23rd, 2007, 03:15 PM
No problem
cough cough, hmm, must be coming down with something, maybe I should stay home tomorrow ? get some "rest" ?