PDA

View Full Version : Ive been doing some reading on CCR

Big_Rob
October 5th, 2007, 08:59 AM
I never realized that John Fogerty was such an unmitigated douchebag to his other bandmates and his own brother.

Anyhow, I still love CCR, John Fogerty is an awesome guitar player and that whole Cajun inspired sound is to this day unmatched.

Heard it thru the grapevine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZe9OtFNt_8

Spudman
October 5th, 2007, 09:22 AM
I never realized that John Fogerty was such an unmitigated douchebag to his other bandmates and his own brother.

Anyhow, I still love CCR, John Fogerty is an awesome guitar player and that whole Cajun inspired sound is to this day unmatched.

Heard it thru the grapevine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZe9OtFNt_8

I think you'd be a douche too if someone stole all your royalties and prevented you from playing your own songs for 20 years.:)

Big_Rob
October 5th, 2007, 11:40 AM
I think you'd be a douche too if someone stole all your royalties and prevented you from playing your own songs for 20 years.:)

Figures the info I got from Wikipedia would be one sided

Tim
October 5th, 2007, 12:51 PM
I agree with Spuds. The man went through hell along with the court battles to win his music back and then actually be able to play them in pubic again. Rock on John!

chordshredder
October 6th, 2007, 07:04 AM
Descisions Descions;

So CCR, ZZTop and the BeachBoys are all in the OKlahoma City area this month. CCr without John just aint the same is it?, will probably be going to see ZZTop instead.

Katastrophe
October 6th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Descisions Descions;

So CCR, ZZTop and the BeachBoys are all in the OKlahoma City area this month. CCr without John just aint the same is it?, will probably be going to see ZZTop instead.

Dude, +1 for ZZTop! You're right, CCR is not CCR without Fogerty.

tot_Ou_tard
October 6th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Dude, +1 for ZZTop! You're right, CCR is not CCR without Fogerty.
+2 for the Top! But god, I love CCR.

We used to play it in 6th grade at recess on our teacher's record player.

wingsdad
October 6th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Fogerty played most or all of the instros (drums, too) anyway on CCR's studio records anyway, just as he has on his solo career's albums.

Guitar hook-riff maestro. And that voice.

snarph
October 6th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Fogerty played most or all of the instros (drums, too) anyway on CCR's studio records anyway, just as he has on his solo career's albums.

Guitar hook-riff maestro. And that voice.
not only that but John wrote all the material until like the last album when literally refused to do it any more and forced his band mates including his brother to participate and take on some of the load:deadhorse:

warren0728
October 6th, 2007, 12:32 PM
proud mary was one of the first songs i learned...ccr isn't ccr without fogerty

zz top....thats they way to go...i need to see if they are coming anywhere near me

ww

Big_Rob
October 8th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Yup, ZZ Top for the win!