PDA

View Full Version : The Tremol-no

Tone2TheBone
February 27th, 2006, 04:05 PM
While I am in no way affiliated with the company and I'm not trying to advertise I have to say that this new product sounds like it would be a great accessory for my tremolo system guitars.

http://www.tremol-no.com

Check it out. Video too.

Justaguyin_nc
February 27th, 2006, 04:47 PM
here are similar devices... http://www.freelok.com/ and http://www.dircksons.com/

Tim
February 27th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Looks pretty cool. Never go out of tune while using the whammy bar. Although I never did undstand that deep dive stuff.

MagicBaller21
February 27th, 2006, 06:22 PM
uh oh, i dont want to be here when tremoloman sees this!!! ahaha

Tone2TheBone
February 27th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Yeah I was gonna say! I thought about him when I posted this.

I like the design of the Tremol-no better than the others. The biggest reason I would consider this design (or similar) would be for the benefit of blocking the trem.

I am a big fan of the Fender type tremolo system and similar bridge designs. I like having the ability of adjusting not only string length...but individual string height as well. I've used both locking trem systems such as the Floyd Rose and non locking traditional systems. I don't usually use the whammy bar at all these days but because I prefer this type of bridge, a system like the Tremol-no becomes a cool option. I could block it with wood or whatever to achieve a blocked trem, but the technology is a much cooler way to do it because of the versatility. I could engage it back to use at will with the twist or two of the screw if I wanted to. Neat stuff.

tremoloman
July 13th, 2006, 09:39 AM
uh oh, i dont want to be here when tremoloman sees this!!! ahahaWow, you guys know me better than I thought!

Yes, I'm a sucker new and innovative products. I'm like Hendrix who always looked at ways to alter his tone. My A.D.D. is the root cause for my constant need for trying new things, but it's a curse I'm happy to live with. (well, most of the time anyways).

For the good of the board, I'll likely purchase one and do a review for all of you. I'll include some before and after soundclips once I get the time to order one of these up now that I'm learning how to use my recording studio pretty well.

Like how I spun that?

Tim
July 13th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Wow, you guys know me better than I thought!

Yep, we were thinking and talking about you when you were busy doing "your thing". We also missed your contributions to the Fret net. Stay near and stay connected.

Tone2TheBone
July 13th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Wow, you guys know me better than I thought!

Yes, I'm a sucker new and innovative products. I'm like Hendrix who always looked at ways to alter his tone. My A.D.D. is the root cause for my constant need for trying new things, but it's a curse I'm happy to live with. (well, most of the time anyways).

For the good of the board, I'll likely purchase one and do a review for all of you. I'll include some before and after soundclips once I get the time to order one of these up now that I'm learning how to use my recording studio pretty well.

Like how I spun that?

Trem - I know I'm a bit O.C. with a shot of A.D.D. thrown in. I'm glad I'm not alone and someone understands! :D

tremoloman
July 13th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Trem - I know I'm a bit O.C. with a shot of A.D.D. thrown in. I'm glad I'm not alone and someone understands! :DWe'er two peas in a pod!

My lead singer and I were diahnosed with it a few years back which explained why we always suffered from the same things in school. That's why we named our band Attention Deficit Disorder. (yes, that's the real name!)

You can check for yourself on bostonbands.com (http://www.bostonbands.com) ;)

Tone2TheBone
July 13th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Thats friggin' awesome! I checked out your link. There IS hope for people like me in society. ;)

Tim
July 13th, 2006, 04:48 PM
My son (who now is in the Navy) has the hyper version of ADD. It was tough comunicating and getting him through high school. He is doing fine now in the Navy and may even reenlist. Although he does state he has trouble with his temper. Actually he is 80% better than he was as a teenager. He was very hot tempered, but he never raised a hand to me or his mother. I think the military has helped him mellow out and take control his emotions. Actually he has no choice.

tremoloman
July 13th, 2006, 06:24 PM
I also have they hyperactivity in my case. Some call it ADHD but ADD is easier and quicker. It's an overdiagnosed and often misunderstood disorder that suffers from stereotypes. I'm so tired of people saying their kid has ADD becuase they are hyper. Only a small percentage of people truly have ADD - the others are just bad at giving their kids disipline.

T2TB, there are loads of successful people who have ADD. There's a great book out there called "You Mean I'm Not Lazy, Crazy, or Stupid" I urge you to read - it's an awesome book that sums up how we feel as it was written by two doctors who have it - like us!

ADD was one of the roadblocks I had to overcome playing guitar. Due to my poor attention span, I just always put myself down and figured I just $ucked. Once I read how to deal with it and keep it under control, I've become a much happier and successful person who has a super positive outlook on life now.

I only wish I had been diagnosed back when I was a kid so I wouldn't have had to have suffered for over 20+ years from its clutches.

Katastrophe
July 13th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Don't get one of these, man!!!!! You have a screen name to live up to. It's too difficult to type "Tremol-no-man" anyway.

Seriously, I wish these were around when I first bought my Ibanez and Charvel. Would've saved a LOT of fine tuning at shows...:rolleyes:

tremoloman
July 13th, 2006, 11:13 PM
LOL... I'll always use a floating bridge, but I would like to have the option as I really loved the way the video demonstrated what a difference in tone can be achieved by locking the tremolo.

Trust me... I'll NEVER surrender my whammy bar! :) I also like the idea of being able to play with a broken string and stay in tune, similar to my '62 Jazzmaster.

Tim
July 14th, 2006, 05:44 AM
T2TB, there are loads of successful people who have ADD. There's a great book out there called "You Mean I'm Not Lazy, Crazy, or Stupid" I urge you to read - it's an awesome book that sums up how we feel as it was written by two doctors who have it - like us!

Yep, got that book. The doctor who treated my son told us that most successful people have ADD. Especially scientist, mathematicians, artists and such. Although it is called Attention Deficit Disorder it does not mean people with ADD can not concentrate or pay attention. Normally it means they can not remember two or more verbal commands at a time. They follow through with only one. It is normally the one that finds favor with them.

BUT, on the other hand they are capable of very deeply concentration on the things they enjoy the most. Mathematicians can get lost for hours in math problems. Artists can draw for hours. Musicians can write great musical scores. Great people who are suggested to have ADD are: Mozart, Einstein, Houdini, some of the US founding fathers. Even Jimi Hendricks has been suggested as having ADD. So you see ADD can be a good thing if it is under control. I can remember my son at 10 years old drawing Disney characters (as good as if not better than the Disney artists) as a cooling down technique when he got upset. This boy produced excellent work.

For those with ADD, learn how to use it to benefit your guitar techniques, knowledge and playing skills. I wish I was able to concentrate on one particular issue at a time. Right now my mind is all over the place trying to analyze a million things.

Sorry, got off topic. I did mention Jimi's name along with Mozart as musicians.

Rock On!

Tone2TheBone
July 14th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Wow. Interesting information Tim and Trem thank you. The title of the book you mentioned made me laugh out loud. It's something I would say about me to someone else exactly! LMAO

Yeah my mind wanders but when I do get into something I'm really into...I get REALLY into it. Hmmmm. Interesting.

Oh yeah the Tremel-no....give us a review soon Trem. :)