PDA

View Full Version : New member

chongmagic
October 5th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Hello everyone! I found this site through Dolphinstreet which I must say is a great and informative site.

I started playing when I was about 8 years old and fell in love with everything about guitars. I am 29 now and still feel like a kid in a candy store when I get near a guitar.

I grew up in Charlotte, NC and spent several years in the music scene around the area. I live in SC now and have been trying to get more into recording my own stuff at home.

I have a 1990 Sapphire Blue Strat Plus with lace sensors (I met John Fogerty the day I bought it and had him sign it on the back cover), Yamaha APX SPLII Birds Eye Maple Acoustic/Electric, Ibanez PF 12 String Acoustic, and just yesterday received a Walnut Satin Squier Standard Telecaster. I use an old Boss ME-6, it is old but does what I need it to do. I am waiting on a Digitech RP350, I played around with one for a little while at a local music store and was pleased with the unit. I also have a reissue Blues DeVille and American made Fender Princeton Chorus.

Anyway, as I said I stumbled onto this forum and have enjoyed reading through the posts. Matter of fact I purchased my Tele due Dolphinstreet and the various posts on this forum. Now I just need to set it up and bring out the full potential of this diamond in the rough.

Glad to be here!

Spudman
October 5th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum.
I used to have a Yamaha APX too. Wonderful guitars.
That Dolphin Street is a great site isn't it?

Hang tight. A bunch of the other members will be around shortly to say hello.

chongmagic
October 5th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome. Yes Dolphinstreet is an awesome site.

just strum
October 6th, 2007, 05:04 AM
Chongmagic,

Welcome to thefret. I'm a new member here also and found my way to this place through Dolphinstreet (Q: How do you get to thefret? A: take a right off Dolphinstreet). I agree, Dolphinstreet is a great site and I think you will agree with me soon (if you haven't already) this is a great forum.

warren0728
October 6th, 2007, 06:27 AM
welcome chongmagic....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Katastrophe
October 6th, 2007, 06:40 AM
Welcome! I found this site through Robert and Dolphinstreet, too. This is a great place, with lots of good info. Enjoy!

Adrian30
October 6th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Welcome chongmagic:)

Algonquin
October 6th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Welcome!

There are lots of great old and new posts to go through here...

Enjoy

Tim
October 6th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Hello Chongmagic and welcome to the Fret Net. This is one great forum and you will like it here.

Robert
October 6th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Welcome chongmagic! I still play my Squier Tele lots. It's a great guitar!

Glad you like my dolphinstreet too.

tot_Ou_tard
October 6th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Welcome O mighty Chong of Magic!

errrr, what'sa chong?

YerDugliness
October 6th, 2007, 07:36 AM
From one forum newby to another, welcome, Chongmagic!!

I just joined about a week ago at the invitation of a friend from another forum. Like me, I think you'll find the members of this forum friendly and helpful. There seems to be a great attitude around here!!

Unlike others, I found Dolphinstreet through this forum, not the other way around. I'm still in the process of working my way through all the great instructional stuff on Dolphinstreet--give it a look and I think you'll find it useful.

Welcome, and looking forward to hearing more from you!

Dugly :cool:

warren0728
October 6th, 2007, 09:08 AM
errrr, what'sa chong?
cheech's buddy of course <cough> <cough> :messedup: :rotflmao:

ww

Guitar Gal
October 6th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Welcome aboard Chongmagic :beer:

I've only been here a short while and have enjoyed my stay.

GG

tot_Ou_tard
October 6th, 2007, 04:52 PM
cheech's buddy of course <cough> <cough> :messedup: :rotflmao:

ww
Classic Warren! :rotflmao:

M29
October 6th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Welcome aboard chongmagic!

M29

t_ross33
October 7th, 2007, 01:14 PM
SlĂ*inte mhor a h-uile lĂ* a chi 's nach fhaic
(Great health to you every day that I see you and every day that I don't)

:beer:

pes_laul
October 7th, 2007, 01:35 PM
welcome chongmagic i too also started when i was eight which was only five years ago

Warren i think some hotcakes are in due

warren0728
October 7th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Warren i think some hotcakes are in due
ask and you shall receive!

ww

chongmagic
October 7th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome, I already feel at home:) T_Ross is that a Gaelic saying?

Again, I am glad to have found this cool forum.

ted s
October 7th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Welcome MagicChong

Brian Krashpad
October 12th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Welcome!

Bloozcat
October 12th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Welcome chongmagic!

SC huh? I love it around the Charleston area.

Good to have you aboard.

sunvalleylaw
October 12th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Missed your intro earlier. Welcome! I found this place through Dolphinstreet also. Pretty sweet I must say! I also have visited SC in Hilton Head and Charleston. Hilton head was fun, but I absolutely loved Charleston.

oldguy
October 12th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Welcome to TheFret!:)