PDA

View Full Version : Pics of 18-watt Bluesbreaker

TS808
October 6th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Here are pics of the 18-watt bluesbreaker style amp I got from Sligo amps.
Yes, I did put a "Marshall" logo on it.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff243/ts808/E-BayAuctionPics012.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff243/ts808/E-BayAuctionPics014.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff243/ts808/E-BayAuctionPics013.jpg

It sounds sweet!!

Adrian30
October 6th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Looking sweet. I bet it sounds great. You should post a review on it.

Justaguyin_nc
October 6th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Nice looking amp... Marshall sticker and all!!

Bloozcat
October 7th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Tonal Heaven for the most discerning of blues rockers out there. Great purchase TS808...enjoy it...:AOK:

M29
October 7th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Hello TS808,

Sweet amp, I am looking into a kit in that watt range and don't know what to go with 18 or 36 watts. Sure would like to hear yours, I bet it sounds awesome, it looks great! Congrats:AOK:

M29

TS808
October 8th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Hello TS808,

Sweet amp, I am looking into a kit in that watt range and don't know what to go with 18 or 36 watts. Sure would like to hear yours, I bet it sounds awesome, it looks great! Congrats:AOK:

M29

It's surprisingly loud for 18-watts. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. If you're gigging, I think either will be fine. The advantage of the 36-watt amps is you get a bass, mid, treble, and high treble EQ, as opposed to a single tone control on the 18-watter.

This is the first "hand-wired" PTP amp I've owned and wasn't sure how I would like just a single tone control.....but I'll tell you what, I am pleasantly surprised at the tone. Nice rich mids, a good bass response, and the treble isn't too biting. It sounds really good with my strats on all the pickups. I haven't tried my Agiles on it yet.

Sligo amps has a myspace account with sound clips of their amps. Check them out...he is under sligosamps.

duhvoodooman
October 8th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Very nice indeed!! I'm going to try building one of those early next year. Interesting about the single tone control; maybe I'll look for a kit that offers a full tone stack. I gotta believe they're available....

TS808
October 8th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Very nice indeed!! I'm going to try building one of those early next year. Interesting about the single tone control; maybe I'll look for a kit that offers a full tone stack. I gotta believe they're available....

There is a kit that offers the full tone stack for an 18-watt. I think it's called the TMB (treble, middle, bass). It might also have a master volume.

Both weber and ceriatone offer them at pretty decent prices. If I had some decent knowledge of electronics, I might even give it a stab, but with my lack of skill, I'd probably blow all the fuses in the house AND electrocute myself. :D

The kits on both Ted Weber's site and Ceriatone are reasonably priced, and I think at Ceriatone you can even have them build the kit for you at a cost of around $500-650 depending on if you want tubes, and other features.

I'm really surprised at the tone and harmonics though with the single tone control. The layout is the same as on the Marshall 1974x 18-watt amp.

Bloozcat
October 9th, 2007, 06:38 AM
There is a kit that offers the full tone stack for an 18-watt. I think it's called the TMB (treble, middle, bass). It might also have a master volume.

Both weber and ceriatone offer them at pretty decent prices. If I had some decent knowledge of electronics, I might even give it a stab, but with my lack of skill, I'd probably blow all the fuses in the house AND electrocute myself. :D

The kits on both Ted Weber's site and Ceriatone are reasonably priced, and I think at Ceriatone you can even have them build the kit for you at a cost of around $500-650 depending on if you want tubes, and other features.

I'm really surprised at the tone and harmonics though with the single tone control. The layout is the same as on the Marshall 1974x 18-watt amp.

The cool thing about the TMB version, is that you get a full tone stack in place of the tremolo channel, and you still have the std. 18 watt tone channel as well. I could do without the tremolo for that...:AOK:

TS808
October 9th, 2007, 11:47 AM
The cool thing about the TMB version, is that you get a full tone stack in place of the tremolo channel, and you still have the std. 18 watt tone channel as well. I could do without the tremolo for that...:AOK:

I'm really liking the tremelo on this model. Maybe down the road, I'll grab a TMB version. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong.