PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited Money vs Immortality

Myles
February 27th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Today I have an interesting question to pose to you my fellow fretters. Given the choice between living forever or having endless money to spend, what would you choose?

Tone2TheBone
February 27th, 2006, 05:21 PM
I believe that my "soul/spirit/mind/intellect" will live on forever so for right now in this lifetime I'll take unlimited financial resources. :)

Tim
February 27th, 2006, 06:09 PM
The body will not last forever, it will grow old and I will not need money in the next life (debt free ya know). So I will take it all now. Can I hear an amen brothers?

Spudman
February 27th, 2006, 10:29 PM
I think all the money one could have at ones disposal at any time and for any reason would be a very good thing. You wouldn't have to rely on ineffective governments and organizations to take care of the people of this world. You could do more good and thus gain a bit of immortality in the process. I'm sure you would be remembered for hundreds if not thousands of years for all the good done. Besides, nothing is forever. NOTHING!

According to the Buddha life is suffering so who would want to live forever in this suffering? But I guess that begs the question - living forever WHERE and as WHAT?

So to you Tim: Amen brother!

Justaguyin_nc
February 28th, 2006, 12:07 AM
If I could not have my loved ones enjoy the immortal state... I could not live watching them age and pass on... so I will go for the money and hope they will enjoy some of it when I am gone...

Spudman
February 28th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Vital

Looks like it's unanimous...GIVE US THE MONEY!

I'd like mine in unmarked bills please.

Myles
February 28th, 2006, 10:22 AM
I'd like mine in unmarked bills please.
Non-sequential?

Yes, it would seem everyone would rather have the freedom that unlimited money would provide rather than the endless existence that immortality would give you.

Would you answer be different though if you could live for 500 years instead of forever?

Tim
February 28th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Since your changing the rules, I will change my answer. I'll still take the money, but make me 40 years younger.

Myles
February 28th, 2006, 02:56 PM
I'll still take the money, but make me 40 years younger.
lol so much for not being able to have your cake and eat it too, eh?

I'm assuming that the money gets no extras in this question. It's already very enticing you shouldn't get to be younger AND get tons of cash. That's like taking both answers.

The follow up question probably wasn't worded the best. How bout...

Would rather have unlimited money or be guaranteed to live a health life until you are 100?

Because remember in all the above examples this endless money does not make you immune to dieing at any time. You might only get to experience a few moments of it before the corporate world gunned you down for fear of enflating the market.

Spudman
February 28th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Oh my gosh! What would my hairline and skin look like after 500 years of life? Oh ya, just look at Keith Richards right.
500 years of playing guitar and making it with the finest babes...even Gene Simmons couldn't top that.

I'll take the 500. And the next question Alex please....

MagicBaller21
February 28th, 2006, 08:53 PM
if i could stay at age 20-25 forever, and was unable to die, id definately choose immortality. i could make millions at a circus being the "immortal man". i'd get both with one choice!!!