PDA

View Full Version : Sniff...

Toaster
October 8th, 2007, 12:02 PM
(door creaks slowly open)
I think I smell hotcakes...

luvmyshiner
October 8th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Hey Toaster! What took ya' so long. Welcome aboard buddy. I see you've already looked the place over enough to find out about Warren's pancakes.:rotflmao:

Toaster
October 8th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Hey Shiner! And hey everyone else. Yes, I lurked a little bit while I was waiting for my profile to be approved.

There are only a few things in life that I take very seriously, and pancakes are one of them. Or usually six of them. But I couldn't find a decent pancake discussion group to save my life, and so I chose one of my other passions.

This looks like a great forum and I look forward to learning more about everyone. But I have to run .... I just got really hungry!

Dave

warren0728
October 8th, 2007, 01:49 PM
cooking up a fresh batch right now....no pictures you pervs! :rotflmao:

:pancake :pancake :pancake :pancake

ww

duhvoodooman
October 8th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Uh-oh!! Another "pancake perv"! Hey, Warren, you're drawing 'em like flies! :rotflmao:

Welcome the TheFret, Toaster. Are you another Washburn forum import?

Robert
October 8th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Welcome to the pancake lovers forum! :D

Be careful of that hot frying pan.

warren0728
October 8th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Uh-oh!! Another "pancake perv"! Hey, Warren, you're drawing 'em like flies!
who would of thunk it? :whatever:

hey robert....maybe i should get a share of all the money you are making off this site for drawing in those folks enamored with nude pancake making!! :pancake :rotflmao:

ww

Toaster
October 8th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. Yes, I'm one of the Washburn acoustic guys. That's a real nice forum too, but we don't talk about some of the other brands out there, and we practically never mention breakfast.

Well, Shiner does, but his breakfast is disgusting. Can you imagine pouring warm brew on your corn flakes?
:puke:

Dave

luvmyshiner
October 8th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Beer . . . it's not just for breakfast anymore!:beer:

t_ross33
October 8th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Welcome aboard, Toaster! :beer:

If you think flippin flapjacks in the buff is risky, you should try fryin up a big batch of Canadian back bacon sans ensemble, eh! :crazyguy:

Now, let's see them 'burns. :pancake

Washburns. I meant WASH-burns.

:rotflmao:

Trev

pes_laul
October 8th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Welcome toaster what kind of music are you into> What all guitars do you have

just strum
October 8th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Toaster,

Nice to see you make your first post. How about a little background for the folks here? Instruments, how long have you been playing, how you got into music the first time you heard Lawrence Welk...

Spudman
October 8th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Hi ya Toaster. Welcome!
Back door pancake man. Hmmm. Might be a song there somewhere.
So....nuts, fruit or plain?

luvmyshiner
October 8th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Dave's a little modest, but I'm not so I'll brag for him.:D He's got a buttload (yup, it's a word) of guitars around the house, and sells a bunch of them.

You can find his website at www.rggmusic.com and the Shiner family bought (counting fingers) I think it was eight or nine guitars from him at the last count. Good man, good service and you can trust him.

And apparently he loves pancakes Warren.:pancake Who knew?

Robert
October 8th, 2007, 07:54 PM
who would of thunk it? :whatever:

hey robert....maybe i should get a share of all the money you are making off this site for drawing in those folks enamored with nude pancake making!! :pancake :rotflmao:

ww

All the money?! :spank: It wouldn't be enough to even buy you a round of pancakes! :rotflmao:
But maybe we should institute one official "pancake day" - I mean if there's "pirate day", why not a "pancake day"? :D

Spudman
October 8th, 2007, 08:22 PM
But maybe we should institute one official "pancake day" - I mean if there's "pirate day", why not a "pancake day"? :D

March 28th is the official day that the pancake story came into being here. So it should be March 28th.

Special pancake day. Robert you can decide who adds it to the calendar. Either you since it was your idea or Warren since it was his deed.

wingsdad
October 8th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Yo, Toastman ... nice to see ya found this bistro, too :D

sunvalleylaw
October 8th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Welcome Toastman! Do you serve it on a stick like good old Larry Bud Melman?

tot_Ou_tard
October 9th, 2007, 06:08 AM
Toast, flapjacks, & cornflakes n' brew, we've got the makin's of a great guitar forum ;)

Welcome Toaster!

Lev
October 9th, 2007, 06:23 AM
welcome Toaster, sometimes we talk guitars too! :pancake :R

Tone2TheBone
October 9th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Welcome! Was in your town this past summer. Great place. Welcome to the board. :)

M29
October 9th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Welcome Toaster!

M29

SuperSwede
October 9th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Welcome Toaster (and everyone that I forgot to greet).

Toaster
October 9th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Wings! Strum! It's like seeing everyone at the pool over summer vacation. Thanks again everyone for being so kind. Well let's see, my story goes something like this.

I played a little guitar as a kid but never took it very far. I set my guitar down for about 20 years, and picked it up again about 3 years ago. I decided that I wanted to get serious and I was gonna figure this instrument out.

I started shopping around online for a good buy on an acoustic, and stumbled upon the Washburn forum where I learned everything I could . Soon I bought my first Washburn. Then my second.... and before you know it, I got really interested in the idea of being a guitar seller.

One day I went into work at my "real" job and wasn't in the mood for it. So I made some phone calls... by the end of the week I had 6 Washburns, a Pennsylvania sales tax license, and the basic framework of a website.

Two years later, and things are going pretty well! I stock 3 brands of acoustics, some strings, tuners, cases, capos and whatnot.. about 100 items in all and it's growing all the time.

Please don't think that I'm here just to spam your forum though. I AM a seller and sometimes I'll try to offer some things , but like yourselves, I'm just another guitar fanatic who needs a place to hang out and tell potty jokes and learn as much as I can along the way.

In other words, those who can play - play.
Those who suck - sell guitars on the net.

Dave

PS, Here's my Fender Wafflecaster.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/rggmusic/waffleguitar.jpg

Spudman
October 9th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Two years later, and things are going pretty well! I stock 3 brands of acoustics, some strings, tuners, cases, capos and whatnot.. about 100 items in all and it's growing all the time.

I have a few more brands but this sounds pretty familiar. :D

Toaster
October 9th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Oh no Spudman. I hope I'm not working your side of the street! :confused:
Are you a seller too?

Spudman
October 9th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Oh no Spudman. I hope I'm not working your side of the street! :confused:
Are you a seller too?
Seller? Ya right. I can't get rid of a guitar to save myself. It's just that I have a large inventory too.:D
http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=1824&highlight=my+electric+family

Toaster
October 9th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Holy cow, that's a great picture! :crazyguy:
Single guy, are ya?

Dave

luvmyshiner
October 9th, 2007, 04:17 PM
WOW Spudman! Very cool.:drool:

just strum
October 9th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Seller? Ya right. I can't get rid of a guitar to save myself. It's just that I have a large inventory too.:D

Geez, you running a home for wayward guitars?

t_ross33
October 9th, 2007, 04:25 PM

Spud, I'm just lurking until you post a few items in the Buy & Sell forum :rotflmao:

Plus I'm going to start a serious suck-up campaign just in case you want to include me in your will. Given your age, uhm... **cough cough ** ... I mean experience, and all :crazyguy:

I'll be the Anna Nicole to your ol' geezer billionaire. I'm not proud. :AOK:

Trev

Spudman
October 9th, 2007, 04:26 PM
:crazyguy:
Single guy, are ya?

Dave
Nope. But if I spend money on guitars then Mrs. Spud is happy that it isn't going towards crack and hos. lol :D

I'm waiting for my neighbor to go on vacation so I can get on his roof to take a picture of my pedals. His house is taller. ;)

Spudman
October 9th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Spud, I'm just lurking until you post a few items in the Buy & Sell forum :rotflmao:

Plus I'm going to start a serious suck-up campaign just in case you want to include me in your will. Given your age, uhm... **cough cough ** ... I mean experience, and all :crazyguy:

Trev

Man, if you are as hot as she was...oops, wait a minute. That wouldn't be right now would it? Ewww.:messedup:

I'm a sucker for good north country beer if you want to get a jump start.:drool:

Toaster
October 9th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Wow. At the Washburn forum we use couches. Now we need tall houses just for pedals! :Dude:

luvmyshiner
October 9th, 2007, 05:16 PM

Trev

Hmm, that reminds me, here's a picture of my child bride and I on our wedding day.:D

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/Anna20Nicole20and20J20Howard20Marsh.jpg

That's my son pushing the wheelchair, he was our best man.:D

You know what I love about hanging out on a new forum? Being able to recycle all the old jokes.:AOK:

luvmyshiner
October 9th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Man, if you are as hot as she was...oops, wait a minute. That wouldn't be right now would it? Ewww.:messedup:

Something tells me she's probably a little cold these days. I know, I know . . . I'm definitely going to hell for that one.:messedup::flamemad:

Spudman
October 9th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Something tells me she's probably a little cold these days. I know, I know . . . I'm definitely going to hell for that one.:messedup::flamemad:

If you're in Waco then you already are. :messedup:

luvmyshiner
October 9th, 2007, 05:49 PM
If you're in Waco then you already are. :messedup:

You have no idea Spudman.:eek:

just strum
October 9th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Hmm, that reminds me, here's a picture of my child bride and I on our wedding day.:D

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/Anna20Nicole20and20J20Howard20Marsh.jpg

That's my son pushing the wheelchair, he was our best man.:D

You know what I love about hanging out on a new forum? Being able to recycle all the old jokes.:AOK:

Striking resemblence with Neked Tractor Guy.

Oh no, and all this time I thought you were joking.

Spudman
October 9th, 2007, 09:24 PM
You have no idea Spudman.:eek:\

I actually do.:)

Brian Krashpad
October 12th, 2007, 06:44 AM
The Washburn acoustic invasion continues!

Welcome.

oldguy
October 12th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Welcome to TheFret!:)

tot_Ou_tard
October 12th, 2007, 07:11 PM
The Washburn acoustic invasion continues!

Welcome.
Yeah,

I'm gonna call them John, Paul, George, & Ringo in no particular order.

Yes, even GG! :D

YerDugliness
October 12th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Hey, ToastMan--just found your intro. You're being a good boy; when do you plan on letting your hair down (sure can't accuse me of doing that, can we?)!!

For those of you who have endured the "Washburn Invasion", I'm here to tell ya that everyone else on that forum is a bit crazy, except for those of us who have taken the time to sign on here (and sometimes I'm not too sure about the rest of them!).

Anyway, it's all good, including Toast!

Dugly :cool:

Toaster
October 13th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Thanks Duggster. Last time I let my hair down was around 1995 and it never came back up.:cool:

Dave

YerDugliness
October 13th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Thanks Duggster. Last time I let my hair down was around 1995 and it never came back up.:cool:

Dave

Lucky you (lucky to have hair to let down!) :Dude:

For me, I guess I'd have to "let my skin down" :D

Cheers!!

Dugly :cool:

Guitar Gal
October 15th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Great to see you Toaster :beer:

GG