PDA

View Full Version : Halloween time of year

Justaguyin_nc
October 9th, 2007, 09:54 AM
When my kids where young , I loved to decorate the yard and house.
I have since relocated to a place kids are seldom even seen.
From here, there was no reason to decorate any more..

But, there are grandbabies comming up.. time to get back into it..:)

How many here enjoy decorating for Halloween?

How many like going to at least one haunted house during halloween?

Whats the best gag/trick you pulled on Halloween?

It's amazing the info on props you can get off the internet..
And the quality of items/props you can buy from wal-mart, k-mart, spencers etc..
I need to find a good fog machine.. CHEAP!

This Outhouse will scare the sheeet out of those trick or treaters..
I was taking my union break on the graveyard shift when it was taken.

http://a768.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/86/l_0e3633e45794d31e829db3adccaff3a7.jpg

Tone2TheBone
October 9th, 2007, 10:01 AM
I love Halloween! I think they ought to make the last weekend in October Halloween and keep it the same day every year. Saturday night. Every year. It's a kid's (and big kid's) holiday for crying out loud who wants a mid week holiday!

Bloozcat
October 9th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Sometimes I think I live in the Town of Stepford, or something.

My neighborhood looks like the perfect place for kids to Trick-Or-Treat. It has no busy roads running through it, it's well lit, and all the homes and yards are fairly large and well kept. Yet, in the 12 years or so that we've lived here, we've seen a total of about 8-Trick-Or-Treaters. I don't get it. There are plenty of kids in the neighborhood, but I don't know where they all go.

So, I don't bother with decorating for Halloween anymore. Now Christmas....that's a whole different story...

Algonquin
October 9th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Yup... Halloween is a great time of year. We like to decorate for the kids, but it's going to seem strange this year as Daylight Savings Time doesn't happen until November 4th.

It will still be fairly light out until about 07:00 pm this year. I'm feeling a bit bad for the wee ones who have to get out and finish up early... it's like they'll be missing out on the experience.

Oh well... they'll still get treats! :)

pie_man_25
October 9th, 2007, 05:19 PM
me and my friends are going to dress up in HAZMAT suits while one of us pretends to suffocate on some fog from a rental fog machine, and scare the shit out of the neighbourhood kids, th weekend after I'm going to my girlfriends party.

Algonquin
October 9th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Watch out there Pie Man... We've called you neighbors and tipped off the kids! Be ready for some Pint Size intervertion on your hijinks!

The Kids are Alright! :Dude:

ps... we've told the kids where the party is as well! :)

pie_man_25
October 10th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Watch out there Pie Man... We've called you neighbors and tipped off the kids! Be ready for some Pint Size intervertion on your hijinks!

The Kids are Alright! :Dude:

ps... we've told the kids where the party is as well! :)

no kids at the party, I'm seriously hoping to.. well, umm, well it's not sex but if my parents find out, :spank: , and if the kids see us ill hunt you down, and scratch up your favourite battleaxe (and by that I mean guitar), I fear for your hagstrom.

Algonquin
October 10th, 2007, 04:30 PM
You Animal... Not my SWEDE! :reallymad:

Spudman
October 10th, 2007, 08:22 PM
When I was 18 I worked a haunted house as the wolf-man in a cage. This was in a basement of a large building and I was one of the stops on the haunted tour. I had a strobe light and a rubber snake hanging in my cage. I would wait until someone came and looked in the cage then start slowly moving toward the front that was chicken wire. As I got half way across the cage I would then lunge at the wire and freak the unsuspecting out so bad I swear there was a puddle on the floor by 8 pm.

After a few hours of this some of the haunted tour guides thought it would be a good idea if I stayed in the corner while they opened the cage and ushered in some of the cutest female customers in order to give them a bigger thrill. It worked fine until one got so scared that she took off her hard soled shoe and beaned me in the side of the head. After that it was back to the original format. It took a lot of barley pop to ease the pain and lunging seemed not as important after the pain had subsided.:)

Now days it's so slow in my neighborhood that the folks are out walking around with their candy trying to get rid of it without waiting for someone to come to their home.

Tone2TheBone
October 11th, 2007, 08:37 AM
.......It worked fine until one got so scared that she took off her hard soled shoe and beaned me in the side of the head. After that it was back to the original format. It took a lot of barley pop to ease the pain and lunging seemed not as important after the pain had subsided.:)

Now that's the kind of girl you want around in a crisis situation. Others ran but SHE acted quickly and stayed and fought. Fight or flee brother! :spank: :)