PDA

View Full Version : Out of the closet you flashlight geeks

Tone2TheBone
October 9th, 2007, 11:51 AM
I KNOW some of you Canucks here have GOT to be into some nice flashlights. I spend a decent amount of time outdoors. I'm not the quintessential "outdoors type" but I do my fair share of fishing and hunting and neighborhood watch tactical warfaring. ;) Nothing says 'I'm your friend' more than a good flashlight during night time activities. Tac lites? Anyone got 'em? What aboot the beloved 16 million candle power floodlights? :drool: Flashlight fans stand up and be counted.

Bloozcat
October 9th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Oh, I've got a few...

The 4-D cell Maglight that's in the nightstand next to the bed.

Several Mini-Maglights around the house and in my hunting/camping gear.

A couple of white/red LED headlamps.

And my one TactiCool Pentagon X2 that's mounted on one of my other "toys".

I still have a 1 or 2 million candle power light somewhere too that plugs into a cigarette lighter...what a battery killer that thing is though!

And then there's all the other miscellaneous flashlights around the house too.

Tone2TheBone
October 9th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Oh, I've got a few...

The 4-D cell Maglight that's in the nightstand next to the bed.

Several Mini-Maglights around the house and in my hunting/camping gear.

A couple of white/red LED headlamps.

And my one TactiCool Pentagon X2 that's mounted on one of my other "toys".

I still have a 1 or 2 million candle power light somewhere too that plugs into a cigarette lighter...what a battery killer that thing is though!

And then there's all the other miscellaneous flashlights around the house too.

How do you like the Pentagon X2? What other "toy" is it mounted on? I'd like to put one on the Heckler & Koch USP .40 I got. I was wondering how good the chargeable and portable high power spot lights are too.

Spudman
October 9th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Someone looking to do a little bit o' poaching? ;) :D :nono:

M29
October 9th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Whap em stackem and flapjackem:pancake

M29

Tone2TheBone
October 9th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Someone looking to do a little bit o' poaching? ;) :D :nono:

Yeah poach me some perps sure!

Don't tell me you don't carry any paramilitary type lights out on your camping trips there buddy. You're holding out! Whatcha carrying! :D

Spudman
October 9th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Um, (shyly) phosphorus. :D

Robert
October 9th, 2007, 03:30 PM
What? Flashlights? I am constantly being kept in the dark ... :D

Actually, I love the flashlight in my SonyEricsson cell phone! Very handy.

Algonquin
October 9th, 2007, 03:30 PM
I upgraded headlamps for canoeing this spring with two of these.

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=84552444259 1291&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302697057&bmUID=1191965233107

A really nice little headlamp with decent light output. Won't exactly light up the night like night baseball will, but they get the job done.

David

pes_laul
October 9th, 2007, 03:41 PM
when i read the begining i thought that your implying that I was coming out of the closet sorry that was useless for flashlights I use the walmart Special:D

Tone2TheBone
October 9th, 2007, 04:01 PM
when i read the begining i thought that your implying that I was coming out of the closet sorry that was useless for flashlights I use the walmart Special:D

Haha cool Jack-o-lantern avatar.

sunvalleylaw
October 9th, 2007, 04:28 PM
we just have cheapies and some Petzl headlamps for camping, light night biking, etc. Of course last friday when I had to be up at 4:30a to leave town and the power was out, I could not find one in the house with good batteries. Had to walk around and get ready by the light of my Palm Treo cell phone. LOL!

duhvoodooman
October 9th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Flashlights? You started a thread on flashlights, Tone? God, you're weird.... ;)

Spudman
October 9th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Flashlights? You started a thread on flashlights, Tone? God, you're weird.... ;)

Maybe you could build a really cool custom one Voodoo. Now that would be really weird. :messedup: :D

SuperSwede
October 10th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Maybe you could build a really cool custom one Voodoo. Now that would be really weird. :messedup: :D

yeah with lots of switches and different lights. And true bypass. :D

Tone2TheBone
October 10th, 2007, 08:32 AM

You of all people would be the one with the cool flashlights Voo I'm surprised you didn't list any. I'd take up Spud's and Swede's challenge if I were you. I can see it now....The Yellow Zonkin' Flasher! Just in time for Halloween! :)

Bloozcat
October 10th, 2007, 09:48 AM
How do you like the Pentagon X2? What other "toy" is it mounted on? I'd like to put one on the Heckler & Koch USP .40 I got. I was wondering how good the chargeable and portable high power spot lights are too.

It's mounted on the YHM rail handguard on a 16" AR-15 mid length carbine I built last year. I like it a lot. It's plenty bright at 70 lumens, it's rugged, and it's easy to use with the rear cap mounted push switch that does temp on/full on depending upon how much you push the switch.

For your purposes though, you'd need a pad switch that you could attach to the frame/grip area, wherever it's most convenient for you.

Tone2TheBone
October 10th, 2007, 09:55 AM
It's mounted on the YHM rail handguard on a 16" AR-15 mid length carbine I built last year. I like it a lot. It's plenty bright at 70 lumens, it's rugged, and it's easy to use with the rear cap mounted push switch that does temp on/full on depending upon how much you push the switch.

For your purposes though, you'd need a pad switch that you could attach to the frame/grip area, wherever it's most convenient for you.

Thanks for the info Blooz. I'd love to have an AR-15 that's some wicked sick power there. Way fun. :beer:

Bloozcat
October 10th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the info Blooz. I'd love to have an AR-15 that's some wicked sick power there. Way fun. :beer:

Yes, I'm a regular menace to paper targets and soda cans throughout the realm...:D

Tone2TheBone
October 10th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Yes, I'm a regular menace to paper targets and soda cans throughout the realm...:D

I'm glad to have a fellow shooter around here. Why a man ain't a man unless he's got a gun. And some pie.

:beer: :D

SuperSwede
October 10th, 2007, 01:32 PM
I'm glad to have a fellow shooter around here. Why a man ain't a man unless he's got a gun. And some pie.

:beer: :D

Does Xenon lights on the car and a really thick bumper count ;)

Tone2TheBone
October 10th, 2007, 01:38 PM

Yeah it counts buddy. :Dude:

sunvalleylaw
October 10th, 2007, 01:45 PM

Well how about Cibie H4 headlamps and H1 driving beams in a little old Alfa then! :AOK:

Tone2TheBone
October 10th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Well how about Cibie H4 headlamps and H1 driving beams in a little old Alfa then! :AOK:

Sorry buddy you at least gotta have the thick bumper. ;)

Tim
October 11th, 2007, 09:48 AM
I got one of these near my back yard. Does it count as a flashlight?

ted s
October 11th, 2007, 10:22 AM
I think Tim wins

Tone2TheBone
October 11th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Yeah but you can't take it with you.

SuperSwede
October 11th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Whoa Tim! Yours is...gigantic!

ted s
October 11th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Yeah but you can't take it with you.
Man, his flashlight is so big, he doesn't need to take it with him..

Tim
October 11th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Here is a little Light House history for those interested:

http://staugustine.com/directory/visit/154999.shtml

http://www.staugustinelighthouse.com/history/index.html

Then there is the Fort:

http://www.galway.net/galwayguide/history/hardiman/chapter4/fort.html

http://www.nps.gov/casa/

OK, you got your history lesson for today.