PDA

View Full Version : I think I found a bass

marnold
October 9th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Not that I'm going to get it any time soon, but I like the looks of this a lot. I've been a fan of Peaveys. This one's got the P and J pickups, the thin Jazz-style neck that I love, and to top it all off it even looks like a certain guitar that many of us have grown attached to.

Peavey Zodiac BXP in butterscotch (http://www.peavey.com/products/browse.cfm?action=detail&item=116429)

Spudman
October 9th, 2007, 09:15 PM
That looks great. If it's anything like the Generation EXP in quality I'm sure you'll be really happy with it. When?

SuperSwede
October 10th, 2007, 12:37 AM
Sweet bass Marnold.. I bet it sounds and plays great.

marnold
October 10th, 2007, 08:20 AM
When?

Hmmm.

Good question.

I probably want to replace the pups in my Floyd before I do anything else. At least the single coils.

The problem is that I'd really like to play one first, but I've found it very hard to find any place that has ANY Peavey basses around here. I've seen a lot of basses that look cool but are something entirely different when I go to play one. They also have a P-only version of the Zodiac that comes in a pack with one of their low-end practice amps.

Spudman
October 10th, 2007, 09:52 AM
I'll look around for you and see if I can't find one to give you a report on.

marnold
October 10th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Tnx. I've got time. Even the Guitar Centers I've been two have one or maybe two Peaveys at most.

marnold
December 7th, 2007, 01:31 PM
I just found out that a guitar shop about 40 minutes away has become a Peavey dealer. Unfortunately, their prices tend to be quite high. I called them and while they don't have any Zodiacs in yet, it sounds like they will be. Maybe I'll actually get to try one. I'd probably have to lose a guitar to get it though.

Adrian30
December 7th, 2007, 03:09 PM
It sure is a cool looking bass.

Brian Krashpad
December 8th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Cool, even has the old school Peavey headstock.

If I were to get a Peavey bass it'd prolly be a T-40 though. I think they're prolly cheaper.

;)

marnold
December 11th, 2007, 04:15 PM
I went to that shop, just to check on things. They've got a good number of Peavey amps, all the way up to a JSX half-stack. They only had two Peavey basses: a Grind five string and a Millennium four string. He quoted me prices on the Zodiac stage pack and the Zodiac BXP which were the same as the ones on MF. I assume that Peavey must be pretty heavy-handed with what retailers can charge. Of course, everybody's basically doing that these days.

LowEndWonder
December 26th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Cool, even has the old school Peavey headstock.

If I were to get a Peavey bass it'd prolly be a T-40 though. I think they're prolly cheaper.

;)
I wish they would re-issue the T-40 or T-20! :confused:

LowEndWonder
December 29th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Peavey Basses are still good. I had the BXP 5 and it was good to me, never gave me a problem and had a good sound. The Zodiac is built like a tank!
I wish they would re-issue the T-40 or T-20! :drool:
Those basses were MONSTEROUS in looks and sound. They had Louieville Slugger Necks.

marnold
December 29th, 2007, 01:01 PM
The Zodiac is built like a tank!
So you've been able to play one, then? Which one did you play: the stage pack one, the BXP, or the artist model (whose name eludes me for the moment)? What did you think about the pickups? I'm hoping it has the same kind of neck that my old Fury had.

LowEndWonder
December 29th, 2007, 08:51 PM
So you've been able to play one, then? Which one did you play: the stage pack one, the BXP, or the artist model (whose name eludes me for the moment)? What did you think about the pickups? I'm hoping it has the same kind of neck that my old Fury had.
Played both the BXP and the American Made artist one.
The american one is indestructable, the BXP is very sturdy. Like I said, built like a tank! :beer:

marnold
December 30th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Cool. Usually Peaveys are made to withstand a direct nuclear attack. Were the pups on the BXP worth anything? I know the artist one has Duncan quarter pounders. I didn't realize that one was MIA.

MAXIFUNK
June 10th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Peavey Basses are still good. I had the BXP 5 and it was good to me, never gave me a problem and had a good sound. The Zodiac is built like a tank!
Those basses were MONSTEROUS in looks and sound. They had Louieville Slugger Necks.

I still have my Peavey T-40 from 1979. and will never let it go it was my 1st real bass. and your right that bass is indestructible.

Jimi75
June 13th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Great looking bass. Peavey has really improved the product line over the past 2 years. Here in Germany people of some magaines were raving about that bass and about the new guitar (the Tele-style one with Piezos). I think you can't go wrong with that bass. And hey, its got the look. Butterscotch is so appealing!

Brian Krashpad
June 17th, 2009, 06:07 AM

I recently picked up a T-20 style Fury for $125. Black on black. Very good condition (yes, indestructible).

God is good.

OP: good luck on your quest Rev!

marnold
June 17th, 2009, 08:47 AM
OP: good luck on your quest Rev!
Thanks, but this is a really old thread. I ended up getting my Spector last fall.

Brian Krashpad
June 17th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Thanks, but this is a really old thread. I ended up getting my Spector last fall.

D'oh!

I blame Jimi for the bumpage.

Schweinhund!

;)