PDA

View Full Version : I received a threat

Robert
October 10th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Someone PM'd me on a guitar forum saying,

"Watch it Mate. You might want to stop referring to your crap guitars as stratocasters, people might actually think they are the real deal buy them then think strats are crap."

:whatever: :Dude: :spank: :crazyguy: :pancake

Oooooh - I might destroy the reputation of the Fender Stratocaster!! What an accomplishment!

I hope I end up in the history books. :D

stingx
October 10th, 2007, 10:39 AM
What an ***. Hope you don't mind that I laughed my *** off over this. Not trying to make fun of you being threatened but HOW you were threatened. :rotflmao:

Robert
October 10th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Laugh away, brother.... :rotflmao:

duhvoodooman
October 10th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Oooooh - I might destroy the reputation of the Fender Stratocaster!!
Good thing you don't own any Epiphones, Robert, or you'd probably ruin the Gibson reputation, too... :rotflmao:

R_of_G
October 10th, 2007, 11:09 AM
As a proud owner of a faux-strat, congrats on being treated ths way by an alleged purist. My "strat" is a great guitar whatever its real name might be. The whole thing is hilarious to me!:Dude:

LagrangeCalvert
October 10th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Robert...thanks to you Im selling my hot rodded MEXICAN strat cause you ruined their reputation! DAMN YOU!

:whatever: :rotflmao: :crazyguy: :rotflmao: :whatever:

BTW...did you boot this member for threats, harassment/trolling like it says NOT to in the user agreement? if not just tell us his name and we can all laugh at him in unison!

sunvalleylaw
October 10th, 2007, 11:16 AM
:beavisnbutthead: . . . are you threatening me? . . . . . I am cornholio, . . . . . . I need TP for my . . . . . :messedup: :rotflmao:

Bloozcat
October 10th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Gee, and here I thought you were enhancing Fender's reputation because you play their guitars, Robert.

Evidently, this threatening clown doesn't know who you are....:AOK:

Jampy
October 10th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Pfft, that is not a threat.. Buddy was just mad at the fact he lost his helmet and drool cup..

:deadhorse:

Jimi75
October 10th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Robert, any problem with a guy call me!
My father was from Sicily, Italy and I still got uncles there that help, I mean they just help, you know what I mean, just help.... :rotflmao:

t_ross33
October 10th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Wayne from "Wayne's World" is on our lowly forum? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Everyone knows there is only ONE TRUE STRATOCASTER! :beer:

There it is...Excalibur.

' Fender Stratocaster with triple
single coil pickups and a whammy bar.

Pre-CBS Fender corporate buy-out.

I'd raise the bridge and
take the buzz out of the low E.

Tone2TheBone
October 10th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Wayne from "Wayne's World" is on our lowly forum? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Everyone knows there is only ONE TRUE STRATOCASTER! :beer:

There it is...Excalibur.

' Fender Stratocaster with triple
single coil pickups and a whammy bar.

Pre-CBS Fender corporate buy-out.

I'd raise the bridge and
take the buzz out of the low E.

Tia Carrere is dang hot in that role. +1

t_ross33
October 10th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Tia Carrere is dang hot in that role. +1

:drool: Tia, pre "Relic Hunter" sellout :rotflmao: :crazyguy:

Tone2TheBone
October 10th, 2007, 01:18 PM
:drool: Tia, pre "Relic Hunter" sellout :rotflmao: :crazyguy:

Wouldn't have her any other way. :)

jpfeifer
October 10th, 2007, 01:26 PM
I am amazed at how opinionated people get when it comes to equipment. On other forums I've seen people get personally attacked when they say that they don't like a particular make/model of guitar, etc. It's really silly, but people get very bent-out-of-shape about these kinds of things. I don't get it. I enjoy guitars as much as the next guy, but if someone doesn't like the same make/model that I do, who cares? All that really matters is that you can make good music with the stuff that you have.

Robert, this guy is probably just jealous of you because you can make an inexpensive guitar sound way better than his custom-shop axe. Just respond to him and say "It's not the guitar dude, it's all in the hands, get over it!" :-)

-- Jim

SuperSwede
October 10th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Its so silly that I really dont think that you should reply... The low-end guitars of today are a gazillion times better than 20 years ago, and a Squier Strat is still a Strat in my eyes.

kiteman
October 10th, 2007, 03:47 PM
a strat is a strat is a strat. :whatever:

luvmyshiner
October 10th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Wow, what a piece of work! I gotta agree with SuperSwede on this one Robert. A stupid comment like that doesn't deserve a response.

Mark
October 10th, 2007, 04:33 PM
My father was from Sicily, Italy and I still got uncles there that help, I mean they just help, you know what I mean, just help.... :rotflmao:

Maybe we are related I have uncles in Brooklyn like that. They solve problems........in a different sort of way but they stay solved after they are done.

Order of ribs and legs .........Broken!! coming right up!

Seriously some peoples kids that was a stupid pm if I ever heard of one.

Robert
October 10th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Yah, maybe the guy needs to wake up next to a horse's head... :deadhorse:

kiteman
October 10th, 2007, 04:52 PM

Naw, you gotta be meaner. The guy needs to wake up next to his small head... :Dude:

Tone2TheBone
October 10th, 2007, 04:54 PM

That's the spirit. Sic ole Tom Hagen on that guy.

jasongins
October 10th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Maybe do it with his guitar instead of a horse. Saw the neck of his "real" strat midway through and lay it next to him in bed with the headstock sticking out of the covers.

pes_laul
October 10th, 2007, 05:27 PM
In the words of Mr. Burns "Release the hounds!" :Dude:

luvmyshiner
October 10th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Naw, you gotta be meaner. The guy needs to wake up next to his small head... :Dude:

OUCH Kite! That sounds a little extreme. Remind me never to piss you off.:crazyguy:

(I've been waiting to use that smiley, um, whatever ya' want to call it, since I joined the forum:D )

wingsdad
October 10th, 2007, 08:44 PM
What a looney thing :whatever:

Agreed, that Squiers are just as much a Fender product as Epiphone is a Gibson.

The only people ruining Fender's reputation are at FMIC (Fender Musical Instrument Corp), and long ago & far away, it was CBS.

Likewise any damage to Gibson's good name is self-inflicted, and has been since Norlin started monkeying around and closed Kalamazoo.

Of course, Leo Fender eventually started Music Man, then shucked that to found G&L with his old buddy George Fullerton, in the old Fender Factory and make 'em they way he used to, just calling a Strat a Legacy and a Tele an ASAT, until he died. His wife Phyllis carries on.

And the folks Gibson put out in the cold in Kalamazoo claimed the plant, started Heritage, and makes 'em they way they used to.

Mark
October 10th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Ill send Luca Brazzi to go see him.

chordshredder
October 10th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Dont sweat it Robert. I had same thing happen in person today and once again I invited him to come over bring his vintage Fenders and Gibsons; He really has quite a collection, so I could see if my cheap sticks of wood with really good sounding and not always the most expensive I tried, hotrod parts could duel it out. It gets my dander up and I really think if we were duking it out at that time I could pull it off. I have come to believe in no brand or model but rather in a guitar thats tuned to the tones IT wants to make. I just cant believe its gonna be much race a stock versus hotrod.

:whatever: Was you over on the fender forum with them snootties?

Robert
October 11th, 2007, 07:10 AM
:whatever: Was you over on the fender forum with them snootties?

Nah, it was a different place...

You said some good points here. I agree. My cheap Squier Tele for example. People why I don't play a Fender instead. Well, you know it has its own vibe, and it sounds darn good. It also feels great to play. Why mess with something you're happy with, eh?

I am almost tempted to put a sticker on the head stock of my guitars, something like "brand unknown" or "secret brand" or something! :Dude:

R_of_G
October 11th, 2007, 07:24 AM
When I bought my Squier strat I must have played a dozen other guitars in th store. I played several "real" strats [as well as a couple of "real" SG's, a epi SG type, and a few others]. I kept coming back to the Squier because it simply sounded the best of all the guitars I was picking up and just felt natural in my hands. I don't discriminate by brand name, but by how the instrument plays. This guitar was the guitar for me and I have never thought twice about it. Seems nobody has any criticism about the guitar after they've played it. :Dude:

Bloozcat
October 11th, 2007, 07:56 AM

What a coincidence Jimi. My maternal grandfather was from Palermo, Sicily, right in the heart of mafia country. There are many relatives still there today. Although there aren't any Mafiosos in my immediate family, I remember many shady looking characters at family weddings. I don't think I'd want to become indebted to any of them, though....

"Someday - and that day may never come - I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as gift on my daughter's wedding day."

Once you're in, you never get out...

Tim
October 11th, 2007, 09:19 AM
When the Italians are finished with this guy, send what's left over to the Irish. We will pour cheap whiskey over him to heal the wounds so we can inflict more.