PDA

View Full Version : Radiohead "In Rainbows"

R_of_G
October 10th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Downloaded my copy of Radiohead's long-anticipated 7th studio album, "In Rainbows" today. Through one listen, I am already sure it was well worth the wait. It sounds as if the band picked up right where they left off with 2003's "Hail to the Thief" perfectly combining their mulitple guitar attack with the use of electronic samples to create masterful textural songs. I have a pretty sizeable collection of their shows from earlier this year [where they road-tested a lot of the new material] and it is cool to hear how some of these songs developed [particularly "Nude" which has been played as "Big Ideas" for years live, but has undergone a bit of a makeover here].

Basically, if you have liked Radiohead's albums in the past, you will likely enjoy this one as well. If you tuned out after the releases of "Kid A" and "Amnesiac" [both of which I love] because you didn't like the electronic influence on the band, you should have picked them up again after "Hail to the Thief" because they incorporated the guitars and electronics to a great degree, and this album follows nicely in that style.

In the category of "bands that currently exist," Radiohead is the undisputed heavyweight champion in my book.:AOK: