PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Tele Alert

Bloozcat
October 10th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Well, since I've already ordered a new body and neck to build my dream Tele, I thought I'd pass this information along for anyone interested. It's an Ebay auction for a mint, Fender Lite Ash Tele. The auction ends in about a day and one hour from now, and there are no bidders as of this moment. The starting bid as it stands right now is $350.00. Since this guitar goes for $629.95 new at all of the discount houses, this would be a deal at or near the current bid price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Lite-Ash-Telecaster-2006_W0QQitemZ280159965535QQihZ018QQcategoryZ38083 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Justaguyin_nc
October 10th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Might be scary bidding... 0 feedback for a new seller...

but it sure looks sweet...

WackyT
October 10th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Got my eye on a lefty Hohner ST57 at the moment.

Tone2TheBone
October 10th, 2007, 01:37 PM
New Ebayer. 0 feedback. Set price on $350 to start bidding. Nope nope nope.

Bloozcat
October 10th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Ohhhh...

I normally scrutinize the auctions better, but since I knew I wasn't bidding, I hadn't even noticed that he had 0 feedback. That's a definite red flag...

Tone2TheBone
October 10th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Ohhhh...

I normally scrutinize the auctions better, but since I knew I wasn't bidding, I hadn't even noticed that he had 0 feedback. That's a definite red flag...

Didn't mean to slag your alert at all Blooz I just want to say. But yeah the guy killed his chances by setting a starting bid amount that high. Even if he had feedback and was ranked as a star Ebayer he would have done much better business letting the people set their price instead.

Algonquin
October 10th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Headstock shows 'Made in Korea'.

Do these really go for $629 US $$?

David

marnold
October 10th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Headstock shows 'Made in Korea'.

Do these really go for $629 US $$?
Yep. Check MF for it. My Showmaster originally retailed at $899 and was selling for $629.

Bloozcat
October 11th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Didn't mean to slag your alert at all Blooz I just want to say. But yeah the guy killed his chances by setting a starting bid amount that high. Even if he had feedback and was ranked as a star Ebayer he would have done much better business letting the people set their price instead.

Hey, no problem tone. I should have checked it more carefully before posting it.

The starting bid is set kind of high, but in some cases, that doesn't hurt the auction. In this particular case, there have been no bids (well, one just recently now), so there's a realistic chance that the winning bid will be a pretty good deal. To get this guitar between the starting bid price of $350.00 up to $400.00 is still a little under 44% to 36.5% less than a discounted new guitar respectfully. Of course, that's only if the bidding doesn't start to heat up.

But then there's still the 0 feedback problem...

Bloozcat
October 12th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Well, the guitar ended up going for $436.00. There were 10 bids. That would make it about 31% less than a new one.

I hope that whoever it was who won the auction has no hassles getting the guitar, and that he like it when it arrives.

Now, back to planning my Tele build...:Dude: