PDA

View Full Version : Name my band!

Katastrophe
February 28th, 2006, 09:46 PM
All right, folks... here's the deal. Next Thursday (next week), we're going to a new venue and check out their open mic night. If all goes well, we'll be setting up to play there as a warm up to play at another place (we've got an open invite to come and play when we're ready), probably in the next few weeks. Problem is, we don't have a band name yet. Our focus is primarily country, with a few rockers thrown in for fun. Our singer and bass player are female. We've got a guy that can step in for a temporary drummer until we find a permanent one (I hope).

Any hints? Ideas? They would be greatly appreciated, and all serious ideas will be considered. The not-so-serious ones will be considered, too!

P.S. Just got back from practice, and added "If it Makes You Happy," by Sheryl Crow to our set list. The song rocks, and our singer nailed it!

Spudman
February 28th, 2006, 09:59 PM
How about "Candy Corn"? Kinda sweet, kinda country.

I can't say that I approve of any Cheryl Crow songs after what she did to Kevin Gilbert and the guys from the Tuesday Night Music Club. If it wasn't for them she wouldn't have even had a first album. Do you see any writers credits for them?

Anyway...sorry about the rant.

SuperSwede
March 1st, 2006, 02:58 AM
How about "Katastrophe at the barn!" ;)

Really, band names are really hard to come up with. Most sound a little cheesy!

Tim
March 1st, 2006, 05:18 AM
. Problem is, we don't have a band name yet. Our focus is primarily country, with a few rockers thrown in for fun. Our singer and bass player are female. We've got a guy that can step in for a temporary drummer until we find a permanent one (I hope).

The name is in you last post. Country Rockers

Nelskie
March 1st, 2006, 06:15 AM
Hey Kat -

How about this: Spaghetti Western ?

It has a bit of country "kitsch", and like the B-movie counterpart, you guys are a little off the beaten path as far as a "traditional" country setlist goes.

Hey, a LOT of Sheryl Crow's music draws its inspiration from country tunes. I have all of her studio stuff, and absolutely adore her work. Both she and her band favor the vintage Fender sound, which I think fits her music perfectly. Plus, her songs are a lot of fun to play. Another one you should consider playing is "It's Hard To Make A Stand". Fantastic tune, easy to play, has a nice country feel.

Anyways, good luck with your gig, and remember, country can rock, too! ;)

marnold
March 1st, 2006, 09:10 AM
How about "Double Jointed"? There's enough double-entendres for three or four bands.

Myles
March 1st, 2006, 09:23 AM
Well after reading through your post a few times I came up with Open Flavor or Smooth Chops.

Spudman
March 1st, 2006, 10:17 AM
No offense but if the girls in the band are anything but slim and sexy you might end up with the nick name "Pork Chops".

Myles
March 1st, 2006, 05:52 PM
Well after reading through your post a few times I came up with Open Flavor or Smooth Chops.
What was I thinking? Pork Chops is kind, Open Flavor would be even worse:eek:

I'll kindly advise you to not consider my suggestions.

warren0728
March 1st, 2006, 06:02 PM
i kinda like Spaghetti Western....good idea nelski

ww

Spudman
March 1st, 2006, 06:53 PM
Spaghetti Strap Western!

Justaguyin_nc
March 3rd, 2006, 10:54 AM
I'll toss in "Korntry's Katastrophe"

Katastrophe
March 5th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Spaghetti Western.... hmmm... interesting! Now ya got me thinking of movie titles (by way of brainstorming and free association)... or something involving the name "Bubba."

Iago
March 6th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Country Gizzards!! hehehehehe

SuperSwede
March 6th, 2006, 11:02 AM
The Count of Ry ? jeez that was a bad one ;)

Tim
March 6th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Katastrophe – You have me totally in suspense. Have you come up with a name yet? I can’t sleep at night worrying about this issue.

Katastrophe
March 6th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Nope... no ideas yet. Still kicking around ideas. I was gonna have practice with the band tonight, but I couldn't make it... I like SuperSwede's idea, though. We could come out with satin capes and cowboy hats, kinda like a country version of KISS.;) :D

r_a_smith3530
March 6th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Really, band names are really hard to come up with. Most sound a little cheesy!
Hey, Crispy Noodle Band (our name) is not cheesy! I represent that remark SuperSwede! :D

SuperSwede
March 7th, 2006, 03:42 AM
Rob, you could always add a little cheese yourself...

Why not "Crispy Noodle Band (With Cheese)"

6STRINGS 9LIVES
March 7th, 2006, 09:13 AM
OK heres my submission ..."THE CUNNING STUNTS" ... now that has a ring to it,,,lol

Tim
March 7th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Oh Boy ! I ain't touching that one.

SuperSwede
March 7th, 2006, 11:07 AM
6S9L, I almost read your post as "The Stunning ****s".. lol

Edit: it was censored but I think you get the point....

Tim
March 7th, 2006, 11:24 AM
SS - Your a very talented mind reader.

SuperSwede
March 7th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Whhhrrrr... you are thinking about......Whhhrrr......

*BEER
*WOMEN
*EXPENSIVE GUITARS

(Not necessarily in that order)

Katastrophe
March 10th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Wow. You hit on 2 out of three. Now guess which two!

6S9L, that was hilarious! Good thing I wasn't drinking or I'd have to purchase a new monitor!

SuperSwede
March 11th, 2006, 10:18 AM
1) Beer
2) Beer

?

Katastrophe
March 11th, 2006, 03:44 PM
You, my friend, are gooooooooood!

Iago
March 15th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Whhhrrrr... you are thinking about......Whhhrrr......

*BEER
*WOMEN
*EXPENSIVE GUITARS

(Not necessarily in that order)

You just gave me an idea...let`s call the band "Beer Women" pretty cool hehehe.. or maybe it`s just my brazilian mind!

SuperSwede
March 15th, 2006, 03:19 PM
How about "Expensive Guitar Women"

Katastrophe
March 15th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Well, the band name crisis has been solved... for now, at least. We're playing this Thursday, so we had to settle... so we chose Centerpoint. It's an open mic night at a new events center in our area, but we'll get a chance to play for 2-3 songs, maybe more, depending on turnout, then get up and play again later. Here's what we're playing:

Here Without You - 3 Doors Down
Behind Blue Eyes - The Who, but we modified this version quite a bit.
If It Makes You Happy - Sheryl Crow
Better Things To Do - Terri Clark
I Feel Lucky - Mary Chapin Carpenter
Pour Me - Trick Pony

So, the "set" is kinda half country, half rock. What y'all think???

Tim
March 15th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Great line up ... but I count 6 not 2 or 3. Squeeze them all in if you can. Maybe the second three can be played as an encore.