PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me why....

duhvoodooman
October 11th, 2007, 03:01 PM
....the various online music stores show the prices for all the brands of guitars EXCEPT the Rickenbackers??? With the Ricks, it's always "email for price" or "call for price". WASSUPWIDDAT??? :confused: :flamemad: :reallymad:

t_ross33
October 11th, 2007, 03:50 PM
We get that a lot up here in Canuckistan. Probably has something to do with the deal that retailers make with the manufacturers with regard to when, how and for how much they have to sell product for (that's what happens here anyway).

I can order Fender or Boss products by phone, but pricing is never available at an online store.

Trev :beer:

Algonquin
October 11th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Roland is notorious for doing that as T Ross33 mentioned.

There are somes sites that you can obtain the price by clicking on 'purchase', or 'add to basket'. Many times it will show you the value of the item in your cart.

I know it's childish to get the price this way, but then so is keeping prices a big secret.

Cheers! :beer:

marnold
October 11th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Many companies are going to a "minimum advertised price." That doesn't mean that resellers can't sell them at lower prices, they just can't advertise it. That's why they have that "add to the cart to see the price," rather than display a ridiculously high price that they won't charge anyway.

That happened when I was looking at the Fender Texas Tele pickups for my old Charvel. MF had them for $99 forever then suddenly the price jumped to $169 even though the list price remained at $189. Fender set the minimum advertised price at $169, apparently figuring they should cost as much as boutique pups.