PDA

View Full Version : Has This Happened To Anyone Else On eBay?

WackyT
October 11th, 2007, 04:08 PM
I won an eBay auction yesterday from GuitarFetish for a set of 3 Lil Killer Black Strat Pickups, I paid for them through PayPal immediately, then I get an email today saying these are backordered. I'm waiting for a reply from GuitarFetish as to how long they're going to safeguard my money before they actually get the item they auctioned off on eBay.

My question is do you think if someone auctions an item off on eBay, shouldn't that item actually be in the possession of the seller?

Spudman
October 11th, 2007, 04:23 PM
I noticed on their web site yesterday that they were out of those pickups in any color. I'm sure they will have them to you soon. Jay is superb at customer service so I wouldn't worry.

t_ross33
October 11th, 2007, 04:53 PM
:AOK: My experience with GF was exceptional. I'm sure they'll be jumping through hoops for you. Good Luck (can't wait to hear some clips of those killers). :Dude:

marnold
October 11th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Unfortunately, yes, I've heard of that happening before. Someone on the TDPRI boards got some Fender Texas Tele pups from one place. I almost jumped in on that too. He didn't get his pups for a long time (a couple of months), but he did get them. This wasn't GFS, FWIW.

Mark
October 11th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Your OK GF is a good company they were BO'ed on my last order and it arrived as promised. Reputable folks they wont screw you.

Mark
October 11th, 2007, 05:55 PM
wrong post oops

Jampy
October 12th, 2007, 02:19 PM
I would say yes, it may even be in the EBAY rules.

WackyT
October 12th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Heard back today that the pickups are going to be backordered 5-8 days. We'll see. Guitarfetish.com has been out of them for a month or two already.