PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Fudge

Spudman
October 11th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Vanilla Fudge had a huge hit with this cover song "You Keep Me Hanging On." This is a clip from 1968. What I love about it besides them making it a real good song by putting their own thing into it is the intensity with which they play.

Carmine Appice and Tim Bogart have gone on to play with so many great artists among them the legendary Jeff Beck in the supergroup Beck, Bogart and Appice. Carmine has played with Ted Nugent, Rick Derringer, Cactus, Ozzy, Blue Murder, Rod Stewart, and Pat Travers to name only a few. Tim Bogart is an instructor at the Musician's Institute.

This is rock and roll baby. :Dude:
_JWNfhW2eHk

Big_Rob
October 12th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Wow, Ive NEVER seen a Telecaster bass before.

That video raised the hair on my arms and gave me goosebumps.

great find.

slow&alive
October 13th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks, Spudman!

I haven't seen that video in many moons. Fantastic!

Carmine Appice always has been an inspiration to me as a drummer -- he was the absolute best!

Dem boys sure knew how to play that song too! :beer:

Spudman
April 5th, 2008, 07:29 PM
What energy these guys have. Carmine and Tim just drive this with such power. :rockon:
Might explain why Cactus was such a great band too.

just strum
April 5th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I didn't catch this the first time around - you hit it right on when you noted "This is rock and roll baby".

Just plain kick "A" Rock -n- Roll.

Nice post Spud, glad you brought it back around.

M29
April 5th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Oh man that was sweet Spud. Having played drums I too love Carmine's drumming. The ending is all Carmine driving the snare and floor tom and crashes with I think a couple twirls as well. What a showman and musician. The whole group was great! I just saw Carmine playing with Nuge the other night on the tube.

I missed this vid somehow. Thanks for sharing it:AOK: I am going to go look up some Beck, Bogart and Appice.......

M

Lunaray
April 6th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Good ol' Vanilla Fudge "I like ice cream"! I have a couple of their old albums, pretty unusual for the time; well, maybe still unusual. I really like their version of "Season of the Witch".