PDA

View Full Version : What's YOUR next gear purchase?

Robert
October 12th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Since we all have serious G.A.S problems, let's share what we have next "in the mail" or on the gear purchase list.

For me, I still have the 18 watter coming soon and I haven't paid for it all yet.

Next on my list is (I think so anyway) a Fuzz Factory! They are expensive but they seem so unearthly wacky and cool that I think I should just have one.

t_ross33
October 12th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Took this (http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0265106537) for a test drive last week :drool: Different, but in a good way :Dude:

sunvalleylaw
October 12th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Cool Trev! I know you are going to love a strat.

On my list is a Toneport (I am watching some auctions and weighing my options) and the GFS Lil Killer PUP and push/pull pot I need to finish up my Fully mod project so I can actually install those and Tone's DiMarizio Virtual Hot PAF 'bucker I bought from him a while back. After that, my next "gear" purchase is a new iMac to be used at home for my and my wife's home office purposes and to use for recording.

Bloozcat
October 12th, 2007, 08:58 AM
The Tele build I mentioned in the Tele forum.

I have so many projects lined up now that are already paid for that once I finally get my butt in gear to complete them, it'll be like getting some new gear. I've got to clear the backlog before buying any more...

Robert
October 12th, 2007, 08:59 AM
What is Koa?

Spudman
October 12th, 2007, 09:02 AM
What is Koa?
Koa is a tone-wood used in the past mainly for making bass guitars.

Spudman
October 12th, 2007, 09:04 AM
I'm getting a couple of hard cases for my Les Paul's and probably one of the new Xaviere guitars with Dream 180's.

Bloozcat
October 12th, 2007, 09:14 AM
What is Koa?

Koa is a tone wood that is exclusively from Hawaii. It can be straight grained or highly figured. Tonnaly, it's similar to mahogany, but a little brighter. It's medium to heavy in weight.

I have a Koa Strat body that is awaiting it's final clear lacquer coats right now. With our weather about to change from steambath humid to reasonably dry, I'll be doing a bunch of spraying soon. The body is three piece, with a beautiful 2-piece bookmatched top laminate. I'll post some pics when it's done.

duhvoodooman
October 12th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Two DIY projects (big surprise, huh? :eek: ;) ):

Firefly 1W tube amp (http://web.mac.com/calhoun/PCB/Firefly_PCB.html) before year-end. (Thanks to Tunghaichuan for turning me on to this nifty little project!)

An 18W Marshall clone kit (haven't decided which one yet) in early '08.

just strum
October 12th, 2007, 10:27 AM
My next purchases will be inexpensive items:

1) VFS2 dual foot switch

2) An inexpensive guitar strap - since day one, I have not been able to find an inexpensive strap that is comfortable and doesn't slip.

3) Strings

ted s
October 12th, 2007, 10:41 AM
GFS pups and a pot kit for my Chinacaster.

R_of_G
October 12th, 2007, 11:00 AM
It is prob still a bit down the road, but my next purchase will def be a bass. I am looking forward to looping my own bass lines anf getting to play with them on guitar. Will likely be some version of a Fender jazz bass.:AOK:

Brian Krashpad
October 12th, 2007, 11:13 AM
I'm actually thinning the herd a bit.

Selling: Laney straight-front 4x12 cab
Randall 1x15 bass combo
DeArmond M-72 guitar

I'm hoping to clear at least $500 US if it all sells. Hopefully my ex-bandmate from Crash Pad will get a paycheck soon, he's spoken for the Laney cab for $150.

Unfortunately, the money will just go to pay bills. :(

Robert
October 12th, 2007, 11:31 AM
R of G, I recommend the SX jazz bass from Rondo. I love mine.

Justs trum, as for guitar straps, I really like my Planet Waves wide strap. It didn't cost much.

250Keith
October 12th, 2007, 11:47 AM
some day list would be,
LP Standard
A Strat of some kind
Reinhardt 18 Watt head

For right now
Voodolab sparkle drive
and some kind of Chorus
and new tubes for my amp.

t_ross33
October 12th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Cool Trev! I know you are going to love a strat.

Sir barrister, methinks thou dost presume that I shall purchaseth the koa stratocaster. I only testeth it out, yet it plays on my mind so. Methinks I may GASeth for the koa.

Oh, the humanity! :Dude:

It's pretty cool. Nice warm tone, the SD alnico II p'ups add their own flavor. I also like the idea that not everyone and his dog is going to have one. The only thing I'm unsure of is the two-point trem...

I'll have to give 'er another test drive. Hmmm... Christmas IS just around the corner. Maybe if I'm good... :rotflmao:

Trev

kerc
October 12th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Selling two guitars as I type...the SX Tele and a Dean Palomino....

LagrangeCalvert
October 12th, 2007, 01:41 PM
My next purchase...hopefully within the next month.

Peavey Windsor head.

Some new speakers for a 4x12 cab.....two Eminence Govenors and two Eminence Texas Heats.....look at the tone chart at eminence.com to see why I am doing it rather than just getting greenbacks....the reviews on the Eminence speakers are awesome and I own a swamp thang open back cab....you talk about a great U.S. voiced blues speakers with tons of low end grunt!

marnold
October 12th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Mine probably won't be until at least Christmas or my birthday (early February):
1) Two Dimarzio Area '61 pups for my Floyd
2) Seymour Duncan Screamin' Demon TB-12 for my Floyd
3) Peavey Zodiac bass in butterscotch

I'm not sure what order 2 and 3 would come in. #1 is the priority right now. Even with buying all three pups, I'll come in right about the same price my Floyd was originally selling for. The Screamin' Demon isn't a necessity at this point since I don't mind the humbucker on the Floyd other than the fact that it likes to feedback.

Spudman
October 12th, 2007, 03:42 PM
The only thing I'm unsure of is the two-point trem...

Trev

If it's good enough for Jeff Beck I'm sure you won't have any issues with it.

tjcurtin1
October 12th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Hmmmm... The question ought to be "What WOULDN"T you be buying next if you weren't a member of this forum"!:whatever:

I'm just about to plug in the Fab overdrive pedal that got delivered today, so I'll I'll have to wait till next week to make fun of all you who are endlessly and pathetically in thrall to GAS...:spank:

Spudman
October 12th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Hmmmm... The question ought to be "What WOULDN"T you be buying next if you weren't a member of this forum"!:whatever:

Ouch! Man that stung. Yet....very true.:D

I've got my LP cases coming.

t_ross33
October 12th, 2007, 06:50 PM
If it's good enough for Jeff Beck I'm sure you won't have any issues with it.

ya, but he KNOWS what he's doing... me on the other hand...:messedup: :saw: :thwap: Oh well, yet another excuse to play more guitar. "But Dear, I have to learn how to play with this wammy bar before our gig Saturday. I promise I'll mow the grass next fall!"

:Dude:

tot_Ou_tard
October 12th, 2007, 07:00 PM
For me it's an easy question.

Answer: A guitar.

It's just *which* guitar that is the hard part ;).

Spudman
October 12th, 2007, 08:48 PM
ya, but he KNOWS what he's doing... me on the other hand...:messedup: :saw: :thwap: Oh well, yet another excuse to play more guitar. "But Dear, I have to learn how to play with this wammy bar before our gig Saturday. I promise I'll mow the grass next fall!"

This post belongs over in the "I finally have a girlfriend' thread. :rotflmao: :beer:

t_ross33
October 12th, 2007, 11:45 PM
This post belongs over in the "I finally have a girlfriend' thread. :rotflmao: :beer:

BWWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAA:crazyguy:Glad I didn't use the "whatever" smiley with that last comment :rotflmao:

Lev
October 13th, 2007, 04:23 AM
A midi keyboard - I'm getting into VSTi's and recording - it's very time consuming trying to create Midi tracks without a keyboard (hence I haven't had time to post here lately).

elavd
October 13th, 2007, 12:10 PM
A Gibson ES-335 (or a 335 styled guitar) ;)

YerDugliness
October 13th, 2007, 01:45 PM
I'm retiring in December after 32 years in public education. I'm going to celebrate with the purchase of a fine quality, acoustic steel string guitar--looking at the $1,500 to $2,000 range.

It was going to be a Washburn until their U.S. handbuilt shop manager decided to show his anal orifice orientation to all concerned.

Now, I don't know, but the search goes on. I have a couple of months to decide.

Dugly :cool:

Algonquin
October 13th, 2007, 02:26 PM
I'll likely replace the bridge p/u in my Epi to match the one in the neck... but not in a great hurry for that.

I think I may pick up a couple extra guitar stands so I'll have somewhere safe to put it down when I step away for the PC and such... just an excuse to visit the music store I guess.

Maybe I'll just as Santa for the P/U, because I don't think he'll be able to get a 17' Kevlar canoe down our chimney...

Cheers :beer:

David

marnold
October 14th, 2007, 01:25 PM
I just made an unexpected gear purchase yesterday. With malice aforethought, I bought some Schaller strap locks for my Floyd.

Rocket
October 14th, 2007, 01:52 PM
This J-185 EC Rosewood:

http://www.gibson.com/Files//productImages/acoustic/Modern%20Classics/Jumbo/J-185%20Rosewood/J-185EC-Rosewood.jpg

abraxas
October 14th, 2007, 02:03 PM
I'm VERY tempted by the new Vox AC15 Heritage head :Dude: :Dude:

http://www.voxamps.co.uk/heritagecollection/ac15h_head_and_cab.asp

Tim
October 14th, 2007, 02:22 PM
After selling this home and purchasing another, I would like to buy an acoustic guitar. One that is easy to play and sounds great. I don't know where to start looking. From reading past post, there are too many to choose from, but I am leaning towards Washburn, Alvarez, Fender or Yamaha. I want something that sounds good plugged or unplugged.

tot_Ou_tard
October 14th, 2007, 02:37 PM
With malice aforethought,
Sounds like mental pirates boarding your vessel...

Malice Aforethought!

...toss all images of puppies and memories of his first love overboard!

Aye, aye cap'n.

....arrrgghhhh!

250Keith
October 14th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Tim, I have been playing the Alvarez Guitars at my local music store down the street, for under 300.00 clams and a hard case thay cant be beat! Thay sound very good, just find a place that has alot of them and pick the best one, I did notice about Three out of ten did not need any setup.

duhvoodooman
October 14th, 2007, 04:51 PM
I just made an unexpected gear purchase yesterday. With malice aforethought, I bought some Schaller strap locks for my Floyd.
You MANIAC!! You'd better get your profligate spending habits under control, Marnold!!! That must have set you back, what....$15 or so?!?! :eek: ;)

marnold
October 14th, 2007, 07:31 PM
You MANIAC!! You'd better get your profligate spending habits under control, Marnold!!! That must have set you back, what....$15 or so?!?! :eek: ;)
Might even have been a little more than that. I was hyperventilating as I walked out of the store. I installed them (with a bit of wood glue and a toothpick) whilst watching that American football that I'd read so much about.

kiteman
October 15th, 2007, 02:36 AM
My next purchase are the carvin bolt kit with close to $300 worth of upgrades to it. I'm just waiting on my settlement money now. In the meantime I'm playing with the pocket pod and the fender gdec jr I've recently purchased.

tot_Ou_tard
October 15th, 2007, 06:01 AM
In the meantime I'm playing with the pocket pod ...
Keep that info to yerself, if ya don't mind ;).

Ger the man
October 15th, 2007, 07:45 AM
This ..... Ha Ha, I wish!:drool:

http://www.coda-music.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2427

kiteman
October 16th, 2007, 03:33 AM
Keep that info to yerself, if ya don't mind ;).

:beer:

When I get tired of it I'll sell it to you.

kiteman
October 16th, 2007, 03:36 AM
This ..... Ha Ha, I wish!:drool:

http://www.coda-music.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2427

P.T. Barnum is right. There will be a sucker to buy it.

(how many did they sell so far?)

Ger the man
October 16th, 2007, 08:42 AM
God knows , its only on the market so probably not many. Im sure its fabulous to play but I wouldnt buy a signature model ever.

Brian Krashpad
October 16th, 2007, 10:30 AM
God knows , its only on the market so probably not many. Im sure its fabulous to play but I wouldnt buy a signature model ever.

You mean like, a "Les Paul?"

just strum
October 16th, 2007, 10:36 AM
P.T. Barnum is right. There will be a sucker to buy it.

(how many did they sell so far?)

or, for every seat, there's an a$$

pes_laul
October 16th, 2007, 12:25 PM
around christmas I'm gonna be getting a Ibanez (almost positive this one http://ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=S470DXQM) and a line 6 pocket pod and i should be good for a year or two

Spudman
October 16th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Turns out I'm not buying as much as I thought I would. I just found 2 brand new sets of Straploks that I had stashed way along with a brand new Fender 5 way selector switch. Yippie!:AOK:
It's sort of like putting on an old coat and finding $20 in the pocket.:)

Tone2TheBone
October 16th, 2007, 02:05 PM
A Sony PSP.

But for guitar gear I got everything covered...cept for maybe another distorto pedal. Maybe something along the lines of the MI Crunch Box.

ted s
October 16th, 2007, 03:15 PM
i should be good for a year or two
Ya right. Nobody here has EVER said that before..

just strum
October 16th, 2007, 04:26 PM
around christmas I'm gonna be getting a Ibanez (almost positive this one http://ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=S470DXQM) and a line 6 pocket pod and i should be good for a year or two

I checked it out - nice choice. I love my Ibanez, hope you enjoy yours.

Now, about that one to two years...

pes_laul
October 16th, 2007, 04:48 PM
about that one to two years. you see i dont have a job so i cant buy much. it's not because im a bum but because im 13 and i've had my same guitar for 4 or 5 years and im pretty much happy with what i've got. though it's torture when you get serious GAS and you can't do nothing about it:whatever: Why do i have a feeling Spuds and robert are laughing right now:AOK: :Dude:

just strum
October 16th, 2007, 04:53 PM
about that one to two years. you see i dont have a job so i cant buy much. it's not because im a bum but because im 13 ...

If I remember correctly, shiner once commented over at the W site that he had underwear older than that. Geez 13, enjoy life, learn that guitar and any other instrument you can get your hands on, do good in school, wash behind your ears...

pes_laul
October 16th, 2007, 05:09 PM
If I remember correctly, shiner once commented over at the W site that he had underwear older than that. Geez 13, enjoy life, learn that guitar and any other instrument you can get your hands on, do good in school, wash behind your ears...
Jeez you sound like my mother:rotflmao:

just strum
October 16th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Jeez you sound like my mother:rotflmao:

I sound like every mother and father - scares the crap out of me.

tot_Ou_tard
October 16th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Ya right. Nobody here has EVER said that before..
Two years ago this Xmas I got two used gitfiddles off'a the BaY.

They're still doing me just fine.

It don't mean I don't have GAS or that I won't get another ;).

Spudman
October 16th, 2007, 05:35 PM

You'll really like that S470. It's very comfortable and a very versatile guitar. Worth every hard earned cent too. Just shop wisely because they change that model's specifications often and in doing so they discount the prior years model to move them. If you are patient I'll bet you can snag a real good deal on one.

pes_laul
October 16th, 2007, 05:56 PM
yeah i got to try one of those S470's at the local music shop and it was pretty nice all around I really liked the bridge on that one

Rocket
October 16th, 2007, 06:42 PM
If I remember correctly, shiner once commented over at the W site that he had underwear older than that.
That was probably me.
I have red meat in my intestines older than that! I'm sure I have a tapeworm older than 13!

Dreadman
October 17th, 2007, 04:22 AM
around christmas I'm gonna be getting a Ibanez (almost positive this one http://ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=S470DXQM) and a line 6 pocket pod and i should be good for a year or twoThat's a way cool guitar. Double locking bridge, Wizard neck, jumbo frets.......killer!

DaveO
October 17th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Looking for a computer interface right now. Line 6 Toneport UX2 or Lexicon Omega. With Christmas coming up I doubt I'll get either for myself. Still searching the Bay for a good used price on one.
Dave

evenkeel
October 17th, 2007, 03:10 PM
This J-185 EC Rosewood:

http://www.gibson.com/Files//productImages/acoustic/Modern%20Classics/Jumbo/J-185%20Rosewood/J-185EC-Rosewood.jpg

Now that's a beauty!! Lot's O GAS!!

Wish I could play a jumbo w/o feeling like a 10 year old kid. The chances of growing any are pretty slim. Ah well... Just have to stick to those 00's and 000's. :)

pes_laul
October 17th, 2007, 03:20 PM
That's a way cool guitar. Double locking bridge, Wizard neck, jumbo frets.......killer!
yeah so far my sweet talk to my dad seems to be working:D (though he's been actually thinking about selling his shecter and getting the ibanez :eek: )

Guitar Gal
October 17th, 2007, 04:39 PM
I've been looking at this for my next gear purchase:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p77/Yogacat579/JamMan.jpg

but I also like this too.....:drool:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p77/Yogacat579/AS73.jpg

GG

Robert
October 17th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Hey I have a JamMan! They are fun...

Guitar Gal
October 17th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Hey I have a JamMan! They are fun...

Yeah they look like a lot of fun :D

I'm sure I could have a great time with this! Probably just the thing I need to kick my practice time up a notch

:DR

just strum
October 17th, 2007, 05:14 PM
GG,

You've built up a nice collection and those two potential purchases would go well with the rest of the equipment. :AOK:

It looks like we are all building up a Christmas list or whatever list one might create during their holiday.

pie_man_25
October 17th, 2007, 06:20 PM
strings.

pes_laul
October 17th, 2007, 07:09 PM
strings.
ah yes. the things that i break the most. ya know I've paid more in strings than i payed for my guitar it self:deadhorse:

LagrangeCalvert
October 18th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Whos up for a "secret santa" this year?....nothing over 50 dollars shipped...and nothing under 35 dollars shipped!

:Dude: :beer: :rotflmao: :beer: :Dude:

Spudman
October 18th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Whos up for a "secret santa" this year?....nothing over 50 dollars shipped...and nothing under 35 dollars shipped!

:Dude: :beer: :rotflmao: :beer: :Dude:

Brilliant idea!:AOK:

Adrian30
October 18th, 2007, 12:02 PM
That would be so great!

pes_laul
October 18th, 2007, 03:12 PM
yeah that would be pretty cool

sunvalleylaw
October 18th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Good idea!

Spudman
October 18th, 2007, 05:02 PM
You guys go first then.:cool:

Adrian30
October 18th, 2007, 09:07 PM
You guys go first then.:cool:

How would it work, though? We'd need each others addresses and that would spoil the secret part of secret santa...