PDA

View Full Version : Homes For Sale

Tim
October 12th, 2007, 03:48 PM
After 7 long and agonizing months I finally received a contract on our home in Florida. I dropped my price 6 times over this period. It is another waiting game on the buyer to be approved by the underwriters even though they were pre approved.

My Realtor told me told as we signed the contract that it is only going to get worst. America has not hit the bottom yet. I liked the scenario which he gave. “If you are trying to sell you home right now it is like riding on a falling rock. Get off at the best time or ride it until it hits the ground”. I stated out at $225,000. I ended much much lower. The Realtor also told me that a new developer is just beginning to build new homes just south of us. These new 1200 sq ft (yep they are small) homes will sell for $145,000. Let just say I am happy I am almost out of my present home.

My next stop is Pittsburgh, PA, after a visit to Sea World. The wife wants to go there. Disney is way too expensive. Who care for a mouse anyway?

I hear most of the USA is not as bad as Florida. With the large migration of people one would think it should be easy to sell a home in Florida. NOT !! There are a few other states in the same situation as Florida. Other states are not as bad.

Anybody else trying to sell their home? I wish you luck on your financial endeavor.

WackyT
October 12th, 2007, 04:58 PM
If you don't mind my asking, how much of a profit did you make off your house from what you bought it for, and how long did you live in it?

Tim
October 12th, 2007, 07:50 PM
If you don't mind my asking, how much of a profit did you make off your house from what you bought it for, and how long did you live in it?

I sent you a PM.