PDA

View Full Version : My New Guitars

warren0728
March 1st, 2006, 03:37 PM
Here are a few quick shots of my new tele and 1 pic of my new fender flame top acoustic.

ww

http://www.warrenworld.com/guitars

SuperSwede
March 1st, 2006, 04:07 PM
That tele is so sweet, I would really like a maple neck tele myself. How is the stock pickups?

Tone2TheBone
March 1st, 2006, 04:15 PM
Warren - very cool man. Got some pretty tools to coax sweet sounds with. *thumbs up*

warren0728
March 1st, 2006, 04:37 PM
Warren - very cool man. Got some pretty tools to coax sweet sounds with. *thumbs up*
the easy part is getting them!!

now all i've got to do is learn how to use them!

ww

warren0728
March 1st, 2006, 04:38 PM
That tele is so sweet, I would really like a maple neck tele myself. How is the stock pickups?
i like the pickups and will play them for awhile....ron said that if there is a weak point to the mim teles it's the pickups, so maybe i'll upgrade them down the road....but right now all is good!

ww

ray82609
March 1st, 2006, 04:53 PM
Is the place to put pics of my new homemade guitat? :-)

http://w3.tribcsp.com/~rayp/

warren0728
March 1st, 2006, 05:08 PM
ray that is a beautiful guitar...how long did it take you to build it? let us in on all the details!

ww

Spudman
March 1st, 2006, 06:56 PM
Awesome. I'm drooling. Oh wait, isn't that the drummers job? Nah, I'm drooling. Slurp slurp.

Robert
March 1st, 2006, 08:43 PM
Oh that is a beauty! I want it! Somebody wipe that spit under my chair please.

Tim
March 1st, 2006, 08:44 PM
You guys really know how to inject a needle don't you? I though I had this addiction under control. Now I sense that out-of-control feeling coming over me.

Nice guitars guys. Warren, you will have a nice “show & tell” for Friday. I can’t wait!

Nelskie
March 1st, 2006, 09:18 PM
Ray - All I can say about your guitar is . . . wow. That quilt top looks like molten lava, and I bet it sounds just as hot!! I'm way impressed.

ww - Hey, I dig your new Tele, too. The maple neck is the only way to fly, and it looks like yours has some nice natural figuring. That light grayish-blue color reminds me of my buddy's old '65 Chevelle SS. Kind of that same hue.

warren0728
March 2nd, 2006, 08:17 AM
ww - Hey, I dig your new Tele, too. The maple neck is the only way to fly, and it looks like yours has some nice natural figuring.
yeah it's my first maple neck and i am really liking it!

ww

ray82609
March 2nd, 2006, 11:28 AM
It's mostly Mighty Mite. It's an ash body with a quilted maple top. The neck is birdseye maple with jumbo frets. It has Mighty Mite alnico pickups with 250k pots and a .022 tone cap. I wired it so the bottom tone control controls both the tail and center pickup and the middle tone controls the neck pickup. I didn't do the treble bleed mod because I kind of like it to roll off some highs when I turn down the volume.
I spent around $500 on it. I took me 4 or 5 evenings to build it. I spent one entire long evening leveling and dressing the frets, but I think it would have played fine just the way it came. The quality and price of Mighty Mite are impressive. The neck is a 9.5" radius and I really like it. I always liked the 7.25 raduis from Fender but kept reading that it gave accomplished players problems ( like I'll ever know) and they prefered a 12" radius. I've played a 12" radius and it's too flat for me. The 9.5" radius seems to be a great compromise. To say that this guitar suits me is a gross understatement. I built a relationship with it in the first few minutes of playing it.
-Ray