PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm...

Rocket
October 13th, 2007, 06:54 PM
I see some familiar (faces?) here.

(Sorry, I don't use smilies!)

Robert
October 13th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Welcome Rocket, tell us more about yerself!

What faces do you recognize?

Dreadman
October 13th, 2007, 07:19 PM
What's up bud?

It's like old home week here, huh?

Rocket
October 13th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Welcome Rocket, tell us more about yerself!
Just another dolt with a guitar.

What faces do you recognize?
Dreadman, Guitar Gal, Just Strum, Luvmyshiner, Toaster, Wingsdad, YerDugliness... the Washburn crowd. (Invaders!)

Rocket
October 13th, 2007, 07:33 PM
What's up bud?

It's like old home week here, huh?
Yup.
We just got back from TX late last night. What an ordeal! Delivered a couple guitars to Dugli and picked up a minidox.

luvmyshiner
October 13th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Hey Rocket, good to see ya' aboard brother. There's some good folks around here, and they have much better smilies! :deadhorse:

Dreadman
October 13th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Yup.
We just got back from TX late last night. What an ordeal! Delivered a couple guitars to Dugli and picked up a minidox.I forgot you were going for the dog (that explains why you didn't answer my email). How's the pup?

Rocket
October 13th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Hey Rocket, good to see ya' aboard brother. There's some good folks around here, and they have much better smilies!
As you may know, I don't drink.
While in Katy (TX) I had the opportunity to dine at restaurant called "Johnny Carino's" and while there and thinking of the Shiner's, I tried one of the infamous Shiner Bock's... good stuff (but I've had better!)

Rocket
October 13th, 2007, 08:25 PM
I forgot you were going for the dog (that explains why you didn't answer my email). How's the pup?
Meet Katy:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee248/RocketWorks/Katy.jpg

Spudman
October 13th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Around Woodville those little guys are good eatin'. :pancake :D :drool:

just strum
October 13th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Rocket,

I guess you've been doing a lot of traveling. I'm surprised you are so long winded, I've never seen you this talkative before.

Well, the group is almost complete, I just don't know when the h--- Henry will be arriving.

Good to see ya and I hope you make A LOT of friends.

sunvalleylaw
October 13th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Welcome Rocket. Always nice to see new faces!

Rocket
October 13th, 2007, 08:48 PM
...I hope you make A LOT of friends.
Well, you know me... so, doubtful! Just a new bunch of nice folks to alienate!

Toaster
October 13th, 2007, 09:01 PM
I think your new dog's missing its legs.

just strum
October 13th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Meet Katy:

So that's your new dog. Well you have that, Dreadman and M29 have Shih Tzu's, and I have Rat Terriers. We are some bad a$$ mother - shut your mouth...

good thing they shut down Michael Vick or we would be raking in some serious cash.

just strum
October 13th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Well, you know me... so, doubtful! Just a new bunch of nice folks to alienate!

No way!

Dreadman
October 13th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Good lookin pup Rocket. I imagine Rockette's on the floor making baby noises right about now?

Rocket
October 13th, 2007, 10:10 PM
I imagine Rockette's on the floor making baby noises right about now?
Well, she's makin' noises! Has more to do with puppy excretions though... you know the deal.

Dreadman
October 13th, 2007, 10:26 PM
I do indeed. I'm making them right now (23 pups within 10 feet of me).

YerDugliness
October 14th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Rocket, you got THAT dog into that itty-bitty dog carrier I saw???????

He must have been folded a few times.

That's one fine looking dog, though.

For those who may not know, that's Rockette behind the dog.

Oh, yeah--welcome to the forum, bro!

Sometime you ought to post a photo of that cool travel guitar you showed me. First time I've ever seen one of them!

The LP is a welcome addition to the crew, and that AJ-10 will fill the bill for camping--many thanks for the personal delivery.

Johny Carinos is one of the better places in the area where you overnighted--good choice. Their happy hour is excellent--free pizza made in a wood fired oven, etc.

Sometime someone has to tell me about the "Henry" issue--seems Strum has some sort of history there????

All y'all Fretters are in for a treat with Rocket--he''s a man of few words, but he truly speaks softly and carries a big stick! On occasion, he plays with one of my musical heroes, I'll let him fill you in on that part of his life whenever he chooses to do so--

He may not use Smilies, as he says, but you will be amazed at some of the cool visuals he can get into his posts.

All in all, a very welcome addition to TheFret, I assure you!

Dugly :cool:

luvmyshiner
October 14th, 2007, 08:38 AM
As you may know, I don't drink.
While in Katy (TX) I had the opportunity to dine at restaurant called "Johnny Carino's" and while there and thinking of the Shiner's, I tried one of the infamous Shiner Bock's... good stuff (but I've had better!)

Ouch!! Now ya' quit bein' funny and just started bein' mean Rocket! Glad you enjoyed the Shiner brother.:beer:

I intend to enjoy a few myself about 3:15 this afternoon when the Cowboys kick off.:Dude:

just strum
October 14th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Ouch!! Now ya' quit bein' funny and just started bein' mean Rocket! Glad you enjoyed the Shiner brother.:beer:

I intend to enjoy a few myself about 3:15 this afternoon when the Cowboys kick off.:Dude:

I didn't see any posts from you and I assumed that either there was a big sale on Shiner beer and you were pulling funds together for a big score or a brewery burned down and you were in mourning.

luvmyshiner
October 14th, 2007, 09:31 AM
A BREWERY BURNED DOWN????:messedup: Sniff, oh the humanity.:(

Rocket
October 14th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Rocket, you got THAT dog into that itty-bitty dog carrier I saw???????
Sure... no probs.

He must have been folded a few times.
SHE... not even folded once.

That's one fine looking dog, though.
Better be at the cost we put out!

For those who may not know, that's Rockette behind the dog.
That's the breeder... Rockette has never worn just one ring!

Oh, yeah--welcome to the forum, bro!
Thanks Bro!

Sometime you ought to post a photo of that cool travel guitar you showed me. First time I've ever seen one of them!
That's Speedy (Traveler Speedster) & Mini-D (Mini Fender Deluxe):

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee248/RocketWorks/SpeedyMini-D.jpg

The LP is a welcome addition to the crew, and that AJ-10 will fill the bill for camping--many thanks for the personal delivery.
Except for the Houston traffic... my pleasure.

Sometime someone has to tell me about the "Henry" issue--seems Strum has some sort of history there????
Henry = Just another troll... not as bright as most! Let's not tell him we're here... ok?

duhvoodooman
October 14th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Welcome to the forum, Rocket. Cute little dog, but where's the bottom half?

Looks like you already know plenty of the folks around here--another WFR (Washburn forum refugee), I take it. Happy to have you! :Dude:

SuperSwede
October 14th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Welcome. Wilkommen. Välkommen. Und so weiter....

Rocket
October 14th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Welcome to the forum, Rocket. Cute little dog, but where's the bottom half?
They're made for the ribs... not legs & wings.

Looks like you already know plenty of the folks around here--another WFR (Washburn forum refugee)...
Refugee or refuse?
I know all the WAG's although I have but one Washburn... and quickly running out of guitars. I'm workin' on fixing that problem though.

just strum
October 14th, 2007, 01:51 PM
... and quickly running out of guitars. I'm workin' on fixing that problem though.

Must be down to your last 25 or so?

Rocket
October 14th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Must be down to your last 25 or so?
Heh-heh... I was referring to active working tools... (just an excuse to buy more!)

Guitar Gal
October 15th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Welcome Rocket :Dude:

GG

warren0728
October 15th, 2007, 07:35 PM
welcome Rocket....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

tot_Ou_tard
October 15th, 2007, 07:58 PM
I see some familiar (faces?) here.

(Sorry, I don't use smilies!)
No problem, we need a Rocket skull-facey then.

tot_Ou_tard
October 15th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Around Woodville those little guys are good eatin'. :pancake :D:drool:
;) :D

Rocket
October 15th, 2007, 08:27 PM
No problem, we need a Rocket skull-facey then.
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee248/RocketWorks/RocketSkull.jpg

tot_Ou_tard
October 15th, 2007, 08:32 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee248/RocketWorks/RocketSkull.jpg
Hot Damn! Can you animate it so the teeth chatter & the eyes glow?

Rocket
October 15th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Hot Damn! Can you animate it so the teeth chatter & the eyes glow?
I'll work on it.

tot_Ou_tard
October 15th, 2007, 08:41 PM
I'll work on it.
I'll be here.

Brian Krashpad
October 16th, 2007, 10:37 AM
A fellow Floridian and Doxie owner to boot. I am the sometimes-not-so-proud owner of a Mexican Hot Dog, a/k/a Chiweenie. A/a/k/a dachshund/chihuahua mix.

Welcome.

Rocket
October 16th, 2007, 10:49 AM
A fellow Floridian and Doxie owner to boot. I am the sometimes-not-so-proud owner of a Mexican Hot Dog, a/k/a Chiweenie. A/a/k/a dachshund/chihuahua mix.

Welcome.
Thanks. I'm in Sebastian... we watch shuttle launches from our back yard. We have 2 Dox M & F... good entertainment!

Brian Krashpad
October 16th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Thanks. I'm in Sebastian... we watch shuttle launches from our back yard. We have 2 Dox M & F... good entertainment!

I'd lived in FL since the early 70's and had never got down to KSC until about a couple years ago. It was pretty cool. We slept overnight at the visitor center in an indoor "campout" with my son's Cub Scout pack, right under the Saturn V they have there.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/34/115852155_4b84708aec.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/45/115852156_5b83e44372.jpg

Do your dachsunds yap at every squirrel, car, person, dog, etc. that goes past your house or in your yard?

'Cause our Chiweenie sure does.

sunvalleylaw
October 16th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Cool Brian! I love stuff like that, esp. shared with your kids.

pes_laul
October 16th, 2007, 05:17 PM
my siberian husky just had some pups that are pretty cool Oh i almost forgot....Hi Rocket!:D

Rocket
October 16th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Do your dachsunds yap at every squirrel, car, person, dog, etc. that goes past your house or in your yard?
Our male does... we just got the female (12-week puppy.)

Rocket
October 16th, 2007, 06:47 PM
my siberian husky just had some pups that are pretty cool Oh i almost forgot....Hi Rocket!:D
Hi LP. I had a couple Huskies years ago (Mika & Sasha). I grew up in Michigan. Holt (Lansing area)... then north to Harrison. I still have a cabin on Budd Lake in Harrison.

just strum
October 16th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Hi LP. I had a couple Huskies years ago (Mika & Sasha). I grew up in Michigan. Holt (Lansing area)... then north to Harrison. I still have a cabin on Budd Lake in Harrison.

dachshund and huskies, it's like meeting you for the first time. See over at Washburn you couldn't mention dachshund, huskies - everything had to be Washburn.

Rocket
October 16th, 2007, 07:12 PM
dachshund and huskies, it's like meeting you for the first time. See over at Washburn you couldn't mention dachshund, huskies - everything had to be Washburn.
Hmmm... seems to me all they talk about now is Texas & football... one subject being more boring than the next.
(I prefer drilling for nerves!)

Adrian30
October 16th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Hey Rocket. Nice to have you here.

Brian Krashpad
October 17th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Cool Brian! I love stuff like that, esp. shared with your kids.

Cub Scouting has been really fun for me and our Jack. It's work too, somehow this year I ended up being an assistant Scoutmaster for our den (back in the old days they had Den Mothers... sigh), but the campout/camp-in things have been a ton of fun. Every year for Veteran's Day (second Sunday in November) weekend we have a campout near the beach at Hannah Park, near Jacksonville, FL (it's too cold to swim but just right for camping that time of year here), and then in the Spring we do a "camp-in" indoor camping trip.

So far I've slept under a rocket and in the manatee exhibit at a zoo! The upcoming one we'll sleep in a decommissioned US Navy aircraft carrier!

Justaguyin_nc
October 17th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Meet Katy:

Welcome Rocket
There is something about a dog and no legs...
Here is our Clyde..
http://home.carolina.rr.com/genstuff/Justaguyin_nc/Clyde.jpg

if his legs was any lower he would be dragin..
He must go about 40 pounds
great dog..

His partner is Bonnie..
http://home.carolina.rr.com/genstuff/Justaguyin_nc/Bonnie.jpg

sunvalleylaw
October 17th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Ha, Ha! I am doing the same. My wife gets us organized and is officially the Den Leader, but I run the meetings and events. My Dad used to be involved with Scouting and the Navy, and we toured many Navy ships (Mine Sweepers, Destroyers, the aircraft carrier Constellation) also. Though we grew up within an easy drive of Bremerton, we never did Mighty Mo' fr some reason. Rocket, sorry for getting off track in your welcome thread, but that's what it is often like here! On a sort of Rocket topic, the bulk pack of Estes rockets just arrived and we are planning our 3rd annual launch on Halloween weekend. That is always fun!
Cub Scouting has been really fun for me and our Jack. It's work too, somehow this year I ended up being an assistant Scoutmaster for our den (back in the old days they had Den Mothers... sigh), but the campout/camp-in things have been a ton of fun. Every year for Veteran's Day (second Sunday in November) weekend we have a campout near the beach at Hannah Park, near Jacksonville, FL (it's too cold to swim but just right for camping that time of year here), and then in the Spring we do a "camp-in" indoor camping trip.

So far I've slept under a rocket and in the manatee exhibit at a zoo! The upcoming one we'll sleep in a decommissioned US Navy aircraft carrier!

M29
October 17th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Welcome Rocket!

M29