PDA

View Full Version : Stupid aesthetics question

marnold
October 14th, 2007, 01:30 PM
I got some prices on Area 61 and Screamin' Demon pups for my Floyd yesterday. The question is, so I want to get them in white to match the stock ones or get them in black? I attached a Kisekae mockup (as close as I could get anyway) of what it would look like with the black pups and one of what it looks like now. Thoughts?

By the by, I'm also considering going with a black pickguard one day, but that's not a priority.

just strum
October 14th, 2007, 02:03 PM
I prefer the black, can't say why other than I like the black framed by the white. I also considered the possible black pic guard and would still prefer the black pups.
IMHO

Robert
October 14th, 2007, 02:56 PM
I like the white.

Wow, that Floyd looks like a Mighty Machine from outer space!

wingsdad
October 14th, 2007, 06:23 PM
I think the black complements the black of the tailpiece fine tuners (if that's what they are). But change the knob to black, too.

tot_Ou_tard
October 14th, 2007, 06:50 PM
The black brings out the rosewood of the fretboard, but I also like the white on white look. Ya can't go wrong either way.

sunvalleylaw
October 14th, 2007, 08:54 PM
For me, it goes down to if you are going to do the black PG, go black. If you stay white PG, then white pup covers look better to me on that guitar.

SuperSwede
October 14th, 2007, 11:54 PM
White. Especially if you plan to keep the white pg.

Tone2TheBone
October 15th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Black.

Adrian30
October 15th, 2007, 12:54 PM
They both look pretty sweet. The black pup covers give it a bit more of a "bad boy" look.

duhvoodooman
October 15th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Purely color-wise, either looks good. But since the FR system already adds a lot of complexity to the look of the guitar, I would opt for the simpler white-on-white. I think the black makes it a little too "busy"....

just strum
October 15th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Indecision could be a problem, or maybe not, I'm not sure.

Guitar Gal
October 15th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Personally, I like the black :Dude:

GG

marnold
October 15th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Indecision could be a problem, or maybe not, I'm not sure.
Hmmm, I might have to get back to you on that.

marnold
October 16th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Of course, even if I go with white pups and later switch to a black pickguard, this has its merits too.

Jimi75
October 16th, 2007, 08:54 AM
I'd definitely go for the white ones!

sunvalleylaw
October 16th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Of course, even if I go with white pups and later switch to a black pickguard, this has its merits too.

Seeing that, I say stay white too.! :AOK:

just strum
October 16th, 2007, 10:20 AM

My visual didn't give me a positive opinion, but now that I see it with the white pups and black pg - looks good. I guess I will have to stick with my indecision comment.