PDA

View Full Version : Getcher Own Lenny, only 17 Large

marnold
October 14th, 2007, 03:04 PM
I saw on Guitar World's site (http://www.guitarworld.com/article/fender_to_reissue_stevie_ray_vaughan_s_lenny_65_st ratocaster) that Fender is going to be making 185 copies of SRV's famous "Lenny" Strat, available only via Guitar Center for the low, low price of $17K. By way of comparison, the original "Lenny" was purchased from a pawn shop in 1980 for $350.

duhvoodooman
October 14th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Man, I'll bet you Stevie is spinning in his grave at about 10,000 RPM!! I can guarantee that he would HATE his name being attached to this sort of joint GC-Fender greedfest.... :reallymad:

tot_Ou_tard
October 14th, 2007, 06:48 PM
I'd buy it..it'd make a cool noise & look pretty slowing going up in flames on Xmas eve ;).

...pass me another nog & let's sing some carols. :beer:

Dreadman
October 14th, 2007, 07:28 PM
You said it Voodoo.

pes_laul
October 17th, 2007, 07:17 PM
see that's what I dont get when people buy guitars and think their great just because it says their name on it. I wonder if it plays any different than a normal strat?

tot_Ou_tard
October 17th, 2007, 07:43 PM
see that's what I dont get when people buy guitars and think their great just because it says their name on it. I wonder if it plays any different than a normal strat?
I dunno, but it burns prettier ;).

LagrangeCalvert
October 18th, 2007, 12:23 AM
All of this Custom shop stuff IMHO is RUBBISH! Make your own sound...whats with people today wanting everyone's super duper awesome setup...SRV or anyone else for instance. Puzzles me completely and I cannot stand it. Dammit this thread made me cuss! Sorry fretters but this sorta famous axe reproductions is dumb, for the simple fact the reason they are cool is just to be collected not played...and I seriously wish they made them to be collected...so give them fake pups or something like that...or maybe it should come with a wax sculpture of SRV....I wish the ghost of Lighting Hopkins would strike down anyone who buys this!

pes_laul
October 21st, 2007, 07:18 PM
oh tottaly people try to copy STV Randy Rhoads Etc. but do you think they got famous for copying someone else ;)