PDA

View Full Version : John Scofield "This Meets That"

R_of_G
October 15th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Legendary jazz guitarist John Scofield has released a new album entitled "This Meets That." This album is another fine release from Sco. Great tone, great melodies, and a duet with Bill Frisell on "House of the Rising Sun." If you like Sco, this is another one to add to your collection. If you don't know Sco, check him out soon.

tot_Ou_tard
October 15th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Yeah, I saw that this was out. I want it!

R_of_G
October 15th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Tot, I figured from prev discussion that we've had about music that Sco was right up your alley. This is not particulary different in any way to much of his stuff, but if you already like Scofield, it's def entertaining. I'd been listening a lot recently to a live gig he did with MMW a few years ago [in anticipation of seeing them on the 20th] but it's nice to get some new Sco to overplay.

tot_Ou_tard
October 15th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Tot, I figured from prev discussion that we've had about music that Sco was right up your alley. This is not particulary different in any way to much of his stuff, but if you already like Scofield, it's def entertaining. I'd been listening a lot recently to a live gig he did with MMW a few years ago [in anticipation of seeing them on the 20th] but it's nice to get some new Sco to overplay.
Got lots of Sco...one more couldn't hurt ;).

Robert
May 1st, 2008, 11:50 AM
Just wanted to mention I got this album after you guys talking about it. Good as always.

Sco is perhaps my number one pick of all current living guitar players.

sunvalleylaw
May 1st, 2008, 11:56 AM
Nice reminder! Also R, I love your quote in your sig line!

R_of_G
May 2nd, 2008, 09:57 AM
Sco is definitely awesome. Not sure I'd call him the best living player while Ribot and Frisell still walk the Earth, but that's more due to versatility than to playing chops. I just think Frisell and Ribot are able to play in situations that I have never heard Scofield attempt. He is always great in whatever situation he is in, they just don't differ as much from project to project as some of the things the other two have done.

oh, and thanks Steve. Well thank Joe Strummer really, he wrote it.:dude:

Robert
May 2nd, 2008, 10:04 AM
Sco is my number one pick. For me, it's not the amount of versatility that matters, it's how well I think a guy plays.