PDA

View Full Version : Move along not much to see here!

mrmudcat
October 15th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Hey guys ive been invited here to come check this place out. Hopefully ya'll are friendly,as it is much needed on the internet:beer: Oh yea my name is mudcat but you can call me mrmudcat:crazyguy:

Yes im another damn washburn forum cling-on:whatever:

Robert
October 15th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Hey mrmudcat, welcome to the pit!

Glad to have ya.

pes_laul
October 15th, 2007, 03:30 PM
welcome mr mudcat what kind of music are you into

tot_Ou_tard
October 15th, 2007, 03:36 PM
...jus' movin' on...;)

Dreadman
October 15th, 2007, 03:37 PM
HEY! Welcome Muddy.

Good to see ya.

For those that don't know mudcat - he's got a lot of knowledge of guitar wiring and Strat/Tele building (among other things). I've found him invaluable in the past. Great guy all around.

Tone2TheBone
October 15th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Welcome MMC. :)

tot_Ou_tard
October 15th, 2007, 03:45 PM
HEY! Welcome Muddy.

Good to see ya.

For those that don't know mudcat - he's got a lot of knowledge of guitar wiring and Strat/Tele building (among other things). I've found him invaluable in the past. Great guy all around.
Great! We love those types 'round here.

Hey, Vood...another wiring weirdo ;) :D ;)

Welcome.

So let me pose this question to you (I've asked it in the thread on the Eastwood Tuxedo)

Is it possibly to wire a single coil pup to a continuously variable knob that connects to different windings as you vary the knob? The idea is to be able to change the effective number of windings (& hence the tone) at will.

mrmudcat
October 15th, 2007, 03:48 PM
welcome mr mudcat what kind of music are you into

Blues,southern rock,rock(70-80's metal),jam band ,americana, front porch swamp music:deadhorse:

tot_Ou_tard
October 15th, 2007, 03:51 PM
front porch swamp music
You've got a front porch swamp?!?

Don't mind the 'gators, they're just attracted by the smell of sweet-tea & sweating humans. :D

duhvoodooman
October 15th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Hey, Vood...another wiring weirdo ;) :D ;)
Cool! A kindred soul! Welcome, indeed, Mr. Mudcat. Glad to have you here at TheFret.... :Dude:

Is that Valve Jr. half-stack I see there in your avatar? Done any mods on the head?

Rocket
October 15th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Muddy... Velkommen!

Spudman
October 15th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Hi ya Muddy.
It's your turn to buy the beer. Thank the other Washburn folks for that one. :D

just strum
October 15th, 2007, 04:05 PM
mudcat,

Good to see your arrival. Based on some of your posts over on the forum, I think you will like the threads that you find here. Just seems to be a bunch of guys that want to bounce ideas off of each other.

I will admit, I couldn't figure out your subject line.

luvmyshiner
October 15th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Finally, it's someone else's turn to buy the beer! Hey mudcat, welcome aboard brother.:beer:

Guitar Gal
October 15th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Good to see you here mrmudcat :AOK:

GG

warren0728
October 15th, 2007, 07:36 PM
welcome mrmudcat....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

YerDugliness
October 15th, 2007, 07:54 PM
I'll join the rest of the Washburn Invasion crew to say welcome to The Fret, Mr. Mud!! You'll like it here; seems like a great bunch of members who, like us, are just guitar crazy, and that's that!!

Lots of cool boards on this forum, too--your engineering expertise will definitely be "tapped" here, let 'em see what you're about!!

Haven't seen much about lap steels here, though--maybe you can bring out the best in this bunch and get 'em excited!

Again, welcome, and good to see yet another forum friend on this side of the street, too.

As for refreshments, take up the Washies on their offers of :beer: , run like hell if you're offered :pancake

Oh, yeah, don't expect Shiner to be any better here than he is on the other side of the street, either.

Gotta wonder if he's mentioned this site to CB???????? Naah, she'd :spank:

Dugly :cool:

tot_Ou_tard
October 15th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Haven't seen much about lap steels here, though--maybe you can bring out the best in this bunch and get 'em excited!

I love the sound of lap (& pedal) steels. How are they to play?

mrmudcat
October 15th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Thats a 59 supro studio lapsteel in my avitar with original ry cooder pup................What can I say,laps,resos=swamp music:beavisnbutthead:

sunvalleylaw
October 15th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Welcome Mr. Mudcat. As some of the others may tell you, watch out for pancakes and infinite loop threads!

tot_Ou_tard
October 15th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Thats a 59 supro studio lapsteel in my avitar with original ry cooder pup................What can I say,laps,resos=swamp music:beavisnbutthead:

Got any clips? I love Ry Cooder!

wingsdad
October 15th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Hey, hey, mudcat...glad you, too, have found the Land Of The Free...:beer:

t_ross33
October 15th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Welcome mrmudcat. Look forward to chatting about guitars, laps of steel... and, like... stuff... :beer:

Trev

tot_Ou_tard
October 15th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Welcome mrmudcat. Look forward to chatting about guitars, laps of steel... and, like... stuff... :beer:

Trev
I'd stick with the talking about guitars, or we could find you two a room to talk about laps of steel &, like stuff. ;) :D ;)

mrmudcat
October 16th, 2007, 12:29 AM
I'd stick with the talking about guitars, or we could find you two a room to talk about laps of steel &, like stuff. ;) :D ;)

Well who died and left you king pimp!!!:nono: ;)

I prefer to do my own negotiating without the 99% off the top cut for pimp fees!!:DR

mrmudcat
October 16th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Got any clips? I love Ry Cooder!

I dont have any clips.I have 3 sons all learning guitar ,bass,drums...my oldest 13 is a hell of a guitar player and loves the blues! We do have myspace sites but have yet to put up a music page yet:messedup:

mrmudcat
October 16th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Thanks everyone for the welcome!:Dude:

Special thanks to original members here for the warm reception to all members of the washburn washout:beer:

Brian Krashpad
October 16th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Welcome Mudcat!

Rocket
October 16th, 2007, 10:53 AM
...to all members of the washburn washout
"Washout"... I like that handle better!

just strum
October 16th, 2007, 04:21 PM
I prefer - new fretter

M29
October 17th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Welcome mrmudcat!

M29

oldguy
October 18th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Welcome to TheFret!:)

mrmudcat
October 18th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!!!!:Dude:

mrmudcat
October 18th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Cool! A kindred soul! Welcome, indeed, Mr. Mudcat. Glad to have you here at TheFret.... :Dude:

Is that Valve Jr. half-stack I see there in your avatar? Done any mods on the head?

I missed the part about the valve jr. voodoo sorry:reallymad:

It has jj tubes but no mods other than that . I wanted it simple as im on a low watt tube buying frenzy lately. Im using it now with a supro lap steel(also in avatar) for around the house fun...:DR

tot_Ou_tard
October 18th, 2007, 08:07 PM
I missed the part about the valve jr. voodoo sorry:reallymad:

It has jj tubes but no mods other than that . I wanted it simple as im on a low watt tube buying frenzy lately. Im using it now with a supro lap steel(also in avatar) for around the house fun...:DR
D@mn! I wanna hear that lap steel! :AOK: