PDA

View Full Version : Got my 60th Anniversary Fender neck installed

Robert
October 16th, 2007, 09:47 PM
... on my Blue Deluxe Players Strat. Wow! :)

I am a happy man. It is easier to play this neck - it's way faster. Hope I don't turn into a shredder now! :beer: :Dude:

I find my fingers and hands are more happy playing this neck.

However, those who really like 12" necks, the Deluxe Players neck is gorgeous. It is probably more work put into those necks - they look better as far as finish and frets go; they're just very well done.

This 60th neck is very different. It's unfinished basically, and the frets look a little thinner. Still, I like it a lot. My hand wraps around easier so I can stretch out more in my playing. Even though it is unfinished, it feels great to play. I might add some Tru-oil to it later on. I have done that on my Squiers and I like the result.

I'll post pics soon. Looks a little weird with that white neck and the blue body. :crazyguy:

sunvalleylaw
October 16th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Glad you like it and find it easy to play. I sure like mine, newb that I am. As far as the look goes, I bet you get used to it. I think that blue guitar will look good with a maple fretboard. :beer:

Brian Krashpad
October 17th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Congrats!

Looking forward to the pics.

Robert
October 17th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Not sure what I will do with my original Deluxe Players neck though...:whatever:

It sure is a sweet neck too. I guess I could sell it.

I was thinking about putting it on my SX strat copy, but the holes aren't even close to lining up. I have a '51 neck I'll put on the SX instead.

Tone2TheBone
October 17th, 2007, 10:12 AM
The thing that I loved about that neck was the frets. I love medium jumbos they're so much faster. Strings bounce off them nicely and they give off a great shimmery sound. I enjoy the medium jumbos on my Muddy Tele so...I got that going for me. Glad you like the neck finally. :P

SuperSwede
October 17th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Robert, post some pics! I love blue strats w/ maple necks :-)

250Keith
October 17th, 2007, 02:23 PM
I would like to see it also:drool:
I just called Carvin to check on a price for a bolt guitar ( Translucent Sapphire Blue, White perloid pickguard with all black pickups and hardware, and a maple neck.)
I think that would look Hot.

Robert
October 17th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Well you asked for it:

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/uploads/fender-deluxe-playrs-maple2.jpg

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/uploads/fender-deluxe-players-maple.jpg

Spudman
October 17th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Awesome! That looks great. Good contrast the dark blue and the maple fretboard. Hope she plays well. How about a different pick guard now?

250Keith
October 17th, 2007, 11:19 PM
at looks very nice Robert!

SuperSwede
October 17th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Robert, thats a really cool strat!

Robert
October 18th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Thanks guys. I like that stock pickguard. I'm keeping it on for a while.

Tone2TheBone
October 18th, 2007, 09:02 AM
A moto pearl guard would look kinda cool on that guitar. Dang that is one hell of a beautiful body and color I wish I had that. Very cool.

sunvalleylaw
October 18th, 2007, 09:06 AM
I think it looks great Robert! And I like the stock PG too! A bunch of us already said that guitar took your sound up a notch, and I can't wait to hear you shredding out some killer blues oriented licks on that new fast neck!

Brian Krashpad
October 18th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Looks great!

Thanks for the pix.

:AOK:

Spudman
October 18th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Thanks guys. I like that stock pickguard. I'm keeping it on for a while.

Mmmmm. Mother of pearl white would make it look like a million bucks though.;)

C'mon, it's affordable GAS and I know you suffer from it.

carp3nt3r
October 18th, 2007, 03:26 PM
(subliminal message...LISTEN TO THE SPUDMAN !!) MOP pick guard would be beautiful on that ax of yours, BTW, do us some sound bytes on youtube with it, we cant wait to hear you play it!! maybe rude mood.......?

carp3nt3r. :drool:

duhvoodooman
October 18th, 2007, 03:59 PM
These boys are makin' sense to me, Robert! The only thing I've never liked much about that guitar is the tort P/G. Just doesn't seem to go that well with blue, IMO. Here's a little mockup from the Kisikae Virtual Guitar thingy:

Adrian30
October 18th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Well you asked for it:

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/uploads/fender-deluxe-playrs-maple2.jpg

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/uploads/fender-deluxe-players-maple.jpg

Look at the reflection on the second pic...wow...looks as if it was "added" in Photoshop.

By the way, I think a white mother of pearl pg would work very well with a maple neck, visually speaking. But either way, you have a sharp looking guitar there:AOK:

Robert
October 18th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Thanks Adrian, no reflections were added by the way.

I still like my stock pickguard, guys!

sunvalleylaw
October 18th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Thanks Adrian, no reflections were added by the way.

Good on ya. I do too. The MOTO would look cool too, but this has more shitekickin' Mojo, like was said in the other PG thread. :Dude:

duhvoodooman
October 18th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Well, that's what's really important. Doesn't much matter what a bunch of kibbutzers like us think! :AOK:

marnold
October 18th, 2007, 08:05 PM
If it's any consolation, I'm with you Robert.

tot_Ou_tard
October 18th, 2007, 08:09 PM
However, those who really like 12" necks, the Deluxe Players neck is gorgeous.
What's the radius on your new neck?

I have always been interested in people's subjective opinions about different radii.

Both my axes have a 12" radius so I don't know how a tighter curvature would feel.

Robert
October 18th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Thanks Marnold, glad someone is on my side - haha :) :D

It's a 9.5 inch radius, Tot.

ted s
October 18th, 2007, 09:00 PM
She's a beaut Robert, I didn't realize before that the blue is translucent, looks great !

carp3nt3r
October 22nd, 2007, 11:01 PM
any way you look at it, its a beautiful guitar robert. no doubt about it. maybe we can hear you play some rude mood on it now? hint, hint !!
I love the way fender has let the grain show through alot of thier finishes, Ive always been partial to natural wood finishes so that sorta seems to be the best of both worlds, you have color and grain makes for real snazzy guitar!! btw your pickguard is fine. whatcha gonna do with that nasty ol' stock neck that was originally defacing your ax? send to me for proper disposal, ok?

heheh carp3nt3r.

Robert
October 23rd, 2007, 07:00 AM
Thanks, carpenter. I'll record a video with it when I can some time. The stock neck? Well, I might just sell it or dispose of it somehow.

gtrwrks
October 25th, 2007, 09:26 PM
The maple looks great, Robert - however, I too am on the White Pickguard side of the virtual fence. I love tort and have it on my Strat, but with Blue and Maple, my fave look would be white.

It's a great looking gtr no matter what! Can't wait to see a new vid with it.

Robert
October 25th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Your wish has been granted... :) Does it show I like to play the guitar?

Adrian30
October 25th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Robert,

We were all so wrong, bugging you about changing the PG! Your strat has a very unique look now…it’s just so different from the “off the shelf” look. It’s very cool!:AOK:

[QUOTE=Robert]Your wish has been granted... :) Does it show I like to play the guitar?

It really does.