PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on the Danelectro "corned beef"

Duff
October 17th, 2007, 08:24 PM
I see Big Rob uses a "corned beef" reverb pedal.

I just picked one up and am wondering if anyone else can turn me on to some of their favorite settings or other pertinent info that might help me with placing and using this pedal most effectively.

I'm barely getting used to it. Only had it two days.

duhvoodooman
October 19th, 2007, 07:14 AM
I bought one of those, too, to give some space to the tones from my Valve Jr. As you know, it's very cheap as reverb pedals go, so it basically only has one sound and it'll never be confused by anyone for a Fender reverb tank! Actually, the effect it produces sounds more like a slapback echo than true reverb. I read where somebody described it as sounding like "playing in your bathroom", and that's a pretty good characterization!

I found that if I set the Mix knob somewhere between 11 and 1 o'clock, I get a fairly useful tone. Lower than that and it really doesn't add much of anything; higher than that sounds very artificial to me. As far as the Hi-Cut control goes, just twiddle that to taste. I leave it right around 12 noon.

If you're looking for high quality reverb sounds that will at least approach the quality of a good tank, you'll need to spend quite a bit more. The Digitech DigiVerb gets consistently good customer feedback, but it'll run you $100 new....

Robert
October 19th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Or you can get a fantastic Lexicon LXP-1 reverb I like I have for under 100 bucks on eBay...it's a studio reverb - not a pedal, but I use it for my amp with fantastic results.

Big_Rob
October 23rd, 2007, 09:52 AM
Ill post my settings when I get home. I love that little pedal, its got great reverb. I can however say that I have it at the end of my f/x chain.

Big_Rob
October 23rd, 2007, 08:58 PM
Hopefully that helps you out.

Mix at 12:00
Hi-Cut at 2:00