PDA

View Full Version : MSN Hotmail

sunvalleylaw
October 18th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Anyone else having trouble logging into their MSN Hotmail account? Since they switched to this new "Windoze Live" thing, it seems to go into some sort of loop when I type in the URL hotmail.com or click on my bookmark. Anyone else having trouble? I have not tried it in Firefox yet, (that is on a different machine) and because the Borg does not offer it any more (Althought they sell me OS X Office), I do not have Explorer. Sometimes I get angry at Microsoft. Why do they have to buy up perfectly good things like hotmail, and mess them up? :reallymad:

Tim
October 18th, 2007, 11:02 AM
No Sir Steve. I get in with no problems at all. But then I have a favorite that takes me directly to it.

sunvalleylaw
October 18th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Yeah, that is what I always did. But now, it seems to loop in the URL "window" through a bunch of re-directs. I have tried different links in from msn.com and my bookmark (same thing as a favorite) and just typing in the hotmail url. None work right now.

Adrian30
October 18th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Sunvalley,
I had truble logging into my hotmail account yesterday, and it's not the first time it happened. Today it worked fine for me. I'm on Mac os X.:confused:

sunvalleylaw
October 18th, 2007, 12:26 PM
That has been my experience off and on with Safari on this machine too. It worked yesterday without issuel, but not today. I just downloaded Firefox to this machine and it logged on to hotmail fine with the same bookmark/favorite link I always have used. Go figure. I like the look of, and using Safari better, but Firefox works better with this I guess. It also has worked better in the past when listing items for sale on eBay, though I think eBay has fixed the Safari issues since. Anyhow . . .

SuperSwede
October 19th, 2007, 05:30 AM
It works for me, and I only use Safari. You can try to clear the cache memory and cookies.

sunvalleylaw
October 19th, 2007, 09:00 AM
http://www.thefret.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=45937

Hmm. I just tried that and still no luck. After I am done on the Fret this morning I may re-start the browser and see, and if that doesn't work, re-set Safari. I dislike doing that though, as then I have to log in again on places like the Fret.

WackyT
October 19th, 2007, 09:09 AM
I only use Outlook 2003 to access my Hotmail account. Haven't had any issues since they got done with the Live! changeover.