PDA

View Full Version : I hope this doesn't jinx them

just strum
October 18th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Remove the Jinx, Remove the Jinx, Remove the Jinx, Remove the Jinx, Remove the Jinx, Remove the Jinx, Remove the Jinx

Robert
October 18th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Uhh, say what?

tot_Ou_tard
October 18th, 2007, 11:38 AM
The Cleveland Indians baseball team Robert.

duhvoodooman
October 18th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Go Tribe!!!
I'm rooting for them!! Actually, I'm a Yankees fan (NY born & raised, so whaddya expect??), and even though the Indians knocked us out of the playoffs (actually, it was lack of Yankee pitching that did that), I'll root for any team that's playing the "hated Red Sox"!!! :reallymad:

Seriously, they're a fun team to watch with some great young players (Sizemore is very impressive!) and a class guy as a manager. So I hope they win the Series, if they can get past the Sox, who should never be counted out until the last out is made.....

just strum
October 18th, 2007, 05:27 PM
I'm rooting for them!! Actually, I'm a Yankees fan (NY born & raised, so whaddya expect??), and even though the Indians knocked us out of the playoffs (actually, it was lack of Yankee pitching that did that), I'll root for any team that's playing the "hated Red Sox"!!! :reallymad:

Seriously, they're a fun team to watch with some great young players (Sizemore is very impressive!) and a class guy as a manager. So I hope they win the Series, if they can get past the Sox, who should never be counted out until the last out is made.....

A shame what happened to Joe Torre today. That move will come back to haunt them.

just strum
October 21st, 2007, 06:18 AM
Remove the Jinx
Remove the Jinx
Remove the Jinx
Remove the Jinx
Remove the Jinx
Remove the Jinx
Remove the Jinx!!!

Hope this works.

WackyT
October 21st, 2007, 06:28 AM
This is sort of a conundrum for me. :whatever: I was raised in Massachusetts, but now live in Colorado? Who do I cheer for in the World Series after Boston beats Cleveland tonight?

just strum
October 21st, 2007, 07:05 AM
Hopefully the Rockies, because Boston will be watching it with you.:Dude:

WackyT
October 21st, 2007, 10:04 AM
Guess we'll find out tonight.

just strum
October 21st, 2007, 10:14 AM
Guess we'll find out tonight.

Yep, unfortunately the Cleveland sports teams are not noted for "winning it all" and to have a chance they have to win tonight. Well, with the exception of last night (I prefer a pitchers dual), it has made for some good baseball.

wingsdad
October 21st, 2007, 10:16 AM
Gotta thank Eric Wedge for letting us tune-up on his closer Borowski last night. Actually, what he showed us was that if it comes down to it tonight, Bettancourt's his closer now.

Should be great game of two overall evenly-matched teams. And no lead is safe in Fenway, so it will take all 27 outs to win. I had to leave the room last nite when Gagne strolled in for the 9th, even up 10 runs...

just strum
October 21st, 2007, 10:39 AM
And no lead is safe in Fenway, so it will take all 27 outs to win.

And maybe 27 runs

wingsdad
October 21st, 2007, 10:54 AM
And maybe 27 runs

Maybe so. But I think the pitchers' leashes will be short tonight, especially if they're wearing choke-chain collars like Sabathia & Carmonia have...and in all fairness, as Dice-K has.

just strum
October 22nd, 2007, 06:52 AM
GO CAVS!!!

Congrats to Sox fans.

wingsdad
October 22nd, 2007, 07:40 AM
Breaks & mistakes. Both teams had 'em & made 'em. But the dice flopped Boston's way in a game that was a lot closer than the final score.

Who made this schedule for the World Series? Game 6 on Halloween? Game 7 in November? Snow in Colorado already, and could happen in Boston? Any weather at all and the Series could go until Thanksgiving...

WackyT
October 22nd, 2007, 07:41 AM
Yup. Heard the Socks trounced the Indians last night. I'm more rooting for the Rockies though.

R_of_G
October 22nd, 2007, 09:08 AM
Who made this schedule for the World Series? Game 6 on Halloween? Game 7 in November? Snow in Colorado already, and could happen in Boston? Any weather at all and the Series could go until Thanksgiving...

This is the price we pay for having an extra round of playoffs. Granted I am happy when the Yankees get the wildcard spot bc at least they make the playoffs, but I wouldn't hesitate for a second to go back to the previous format of two divisions in each league, and the division leaders go straight to the LCS, winners to the World Series. It seems like more and more professional sports are simply about making the playoffs. When more than half the teams [in basketball or hockey] make the playoffs, what is the point of having a season in the first place? It'd be hard to say that sports hasn't always been a business, but now more than ever.

just strum
October 22nd, 2007, 10:57 AM
Yup. Heard the Socks trounced the Indians last night. I'm more rooting for the Rockies though.

I'm with you on that. I wanted the Tribe in the Series because of the "hometown" thing, but I am much more a National League fan - REAL BASEBALL.

I know nothing about the Rockies except they are a young and hungry team - sort of like the excitement the Tribe brought to the Yankee series, but forgot to pack it for their trip to Boston.

For the record, the Tribe really didn't get trounced until the 7th and were actually making a game of it. But the better team won and that's the way it is suppose to be.

pes_laul
October 22nd, 2007, 04:46 PM
GO SOX!!! (I know I'm gonna get flamed but i dont care!) :)

Rocket
October 22nd, 2007, 05:10 PM
(I know I'm gonna get flamed but i dont care!)
Heh-heh... I won't flame ya for the Sox stuff... only for not reading your headstock.

pes_laul
October 23rd, 2007, 07:43 PM
Heh-heh... I won't flame ya for the Sox stuff... only for not reading your headstock.
and whats that exposed to mean:flamemad: :p