PDA

View Full Version : Squier Telecaster video clip

Robert
October 5th, 2005, 08:08 AM
I recorded a short video clip yesterday, using my Vox AD50VT on the Blackface setting. I've been close to replacing the pickups on this Tele, but with the right amp setting, it sounds not too bad. See

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitars/squier_telecaster

Scroll down to October 2005 and click on the link there to play the video clip. Let me know what you think! I am using only the bridge pickup, with the tone knob rolled down slightly.

The problem is that the neck pickup is so much darker and muddier that it's almost impossible to find an amp setting where I am able to use the bridge pickup for a while and then use the neck pickup - they are so different sounding. I end up twisting the tone knob like I'm obsessed.

tremoloman
October 8th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Nice work Robert! I wouldn't change the pickups with that sound you are getting from them. The clean tone sounds like it was made from a much more expensive guitar. :)

Robert
October 14th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Thanks Tremoloman! I am digging it more now after changing strings :)

I guess I'll keep the pickups for a while yet.

Tone2TheBone
October 17th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Robert,

If ever the notion arises that a player's own sound comes from this own hands...you've just proved it again. I can distinctly tell your playing style even when you're on the Strat or something else. I can especially hear it on this video. No one will ever sound like you. Ever.

If you rolled down the tone pot on the guitar I'd say use those pickups for awhile till you get the itch to buy your Fralins. ;) Clip sounds good as always buddy.

Rob

Robert
October 17th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Thanks my brother! So I have a distinct style eh? Never thought of that! I guess years of trying to play at least makes a person sound somewhat distinct (or should that be extinct?) :)

Tone2TheBone
October 17th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Yeah even I THINK I have my own style. Sound and style are in the hands of the magician bro. :)

Nelskie
October 22nd, 2005, 08:53 AM
Robert - the last part of your Tele jam sounds quite Robben Ford-ish. Cool! And, Tone is spot-on when he says that the magic is all in the hands / fingers. Keep those clips a comin' . . .

Robert
October 24th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Thanks Nelskie! I do like Robben Ford, haven't listened to him in a long time though.

I've got a new clip today...