PDA

View Full Version : Walk The Line

Justaguyin_nc
March 4th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Im pretty sure you all know the Johnny Cash Movie is out "Walk The Line" and to me was a well worth watch... I enjoyed seeing he knew not a thing about guitars till he entered the air force and knew very little chords when he first became a hit... It's kinda re-assuring to a beginner like me that if you keep at it you can create and enjoy some things in the guitar world without having to be a tech freak slash shredder... Someplace I don't think the movie I found he even used a piece of paper between the neck and strings to have a snare drum effect seeing they did not have a drummer at first.... oh side tracked... As for the movie... Seems he always had this crush on June Carter... I found out alot more about his family life (wont give any more here on that as it unfolds pretty good if you don't already know his past) and enjoyed watching him on screen expand into a country legend.. The actors sing the songs and do a very good job pulling it off... worth the hour and a half in my opinion.. get some popcorn and get this movie...

Tim
March 4th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Justa - Thanks for the information. I will have to go an rent the movie now. Hopefully it will help me be easier on myself.

warren0728
March 4th, 2006, 03:47 PM
i've heard it was really good...gonna add it to my collection of music themed dvd's

ww

Robert
March 4th, 2006, 04:30 PM
I haven't seen either this one or "Ray" - both "mustsee's" I would think.

How about "The Last Waltz", now isn't that a great movie?!

warren0728
March 4th, 2006, 04:46 PM
i haven't seen ray either, but you are right robert...it is another must see.

ww

warren0728
March 6th, 2006, 01:34 PM
so i just finished watching "Walk the Line"...my dad was a big Johnny Cash fan so of course i wasn't! Didn't know much about him until i watched this movie.

Very well done.....i won't give anything away either but his childhood was not good.

I think Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon did great jobs playing johnny and june (they even did their own singing).

I definately recommend this movie....whether you are a johnny cash fan or not.

Ray is next on my list.

ww

Tone2TheBone
March 6th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Ray is a good movie. We just picked up the widescreen version of Walk the Line this weekend...haven't watched it yet though.

r_a_smith3530
March 6th, 2006, 08:18 PM
I saw this movie a couple of weeks ago and was highly impressed. Just think, if you were living during that time, you could have seen Johnny Cash, Elvis, and Jerry Lee Lewis all on the same bill for a couple of bucks! Just for a bonus, you would have seen June Carter as well.

Wow, just the thought of that blows me away!!!

As for the movie, Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon did a really fantastic job with their parts.

The movie also showed me things about Johnny Cash that I never knew. It gave me a greater appreciation for "The Man In Black."

Katastrophe
March 6th, 2006, 08:22 PM
"Ray" is excellent. Jamie Foxx did a great job. Haven't seen "Walk the Line" though. Hope to rent it soon.

warren0728
March 12th, 2006, 08:31 PM
well the wife and i just watched Ray. We both liked it alot. Patty cried more than once during the movie (she's a softy....that's one of the things i love about her!)

I didn't realize ray was a florida native and went to the school for the deaf and blind in tim's stomping grounds....St. Augustine, FL!

it's already been said but Jamie Foxx did a great job....

ww

Tim
March 13th, 2006, 05:04 AM
Both Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder went to the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind. They both came back to the school for private performances and fund raisers over the years. It is said (rumor) that Stevie contributes some off his income to the school. I know people who go there and people who work there. It is a famous school that has student both kids and adults from all over the world attending. They really do an excellent job teaching the student how to be self reliant. If one drives down town, a lot of times you can see the instructors teaching the students how to navigate up and down the sidewalks and crossing the street. I have really come to admire blind people who go out and conquer the world without hesitation.