PDA

View Full Version : anybody watch next great american band

mrmudcat
October 19th, 2007, 11:15 PM
I totally dug the clark brothers:Dude:

just strum
October 20th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Normally I don't go for any of those TV shows, but I kept seeing previews and thought that one would be worth watching. About midnight I realized I missed it. So, was it a decent show? I caught a preview that appeared to have some interesting groups.

Of course the wife and daughter tape all kinds of shows, but I'm sure I will find out that they didn't tape last night.

Robert
October 20th, 2007, 07:49 AM
I saw it. Quite fun to watch. Those 3 brothers on acoustics, mandolin were insanely good! They just ripped it up! They were the biggest talents in there by far, in my view.

warren0728
October 20th, 2007, 08:31 AM
i watched it....a few of the bands were really good (and some were REALLY bad) and yeah the clark brothers - mandolin, acoustic guitar and resonator guitar were awesome.

I think the bass player for big toe (the guy with no arms) is the same guy on youtube playing "Last Dance with Mary Jane" on a guitar. He did mention that he started playing guitar but switched to bass because more bands needed bass players.

ww

Algonquin
October 20th, 2007, 08:42 AM
I saw it. Quite fun to watch. Those 3 brothers on acoustics, mandolin were insanely good! They just ripped it up! They were the biggest talents in there by far, in my view.

I was flipping channels waiting for a movie to come on last night and saw a bit of this, unfortunately I didn't see these 3 brothers.

I did see a Nashville band called 'Six Wire' or '6 Wire', and I thought they did an excellent job on an original tune.

It's nice to see when a band is tight, and they come out swinging for the fence.

I enjoyed what I saw.

David