PDA

View Full Version : Picking Up from blue guitar

just strum
October 20th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Hey Canada, if you ever wonder why Northern Ohio never sends you a Christmas card, it's because you send us this:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/P1010004.jpghttp://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Picture062.jpg

And of course, those damn geese!!!

Other than that, you're pretty nice guys. Let us hope for a mild winter. Today it is going to be mid 60's, tomorrow 72 - very uncharacteristic late October weather.

Algonquin
October 20th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Ya, I'll have to admit that the geese are something else!

Hey Helliott, last time I checked... wasn't Northern Ohio responsible for sending some of that white stuff accross Lake Erie and into your backyard?

I have some friends down your way that had backyards filled with snow to the tops of their fences because of Erie last winter.

Surely you remember the days it took to shovel out your driveway!

Southern Ontario's forecast today will be about 61 (16 C) and tomorrow and Monday will be about 72 (22 C) degrees.

Enjoy the good weather while we have it folks!

David

t_ross33
October 20th, 2007, 09:13 AM
We don't mind the geese so much. Humboldt is smack in the middle of the migratory flightpath of almost every bird species in North America. Snow geese are thick as flies on rotting meat - millions of them, but they stick to the fields and don't bother us townies much.

Fall geese are good for the economy - we're overrun with hunters coming up from the US :) 'Merican money doesn't spend like it used to, but we'll take it :beer:

Nice and sunny. Shooting for a high of 10C (50F). Cool fall day here in S'katch.

Happy Saturday!

helliott
October 20th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Yup, we regularly get a little gift dumped courtesy our friends to the immediate south. They also send us some nice smog on those air quality alert days, and it's common for us to grouse about that. Mind you, we're doing more then our part to send up fine particulates especially from the choked up GTA corridor, and those are blending nicely with the imported versions, so we can hardly point fingers to the Ohio valley or elsewhere.
For what it's worth, I have it on very good authority that we're going to have a relatively snow free winter. How do I know this? Because we finally got around to replacing our ancient cross country skis with modern ones, so we can throw skis in the van and hit the trails on short notice, as we do with our bikes. With my luck, that pretty much guarantees little or no snow.
Today's a little cooler here, mid teens, sunny with high wind. But the temps have been freakishly high this week. Another example of weird weather, which we're assured by the global warming cynics is just co-incidence and not related to the fact that we seem to be messing up the environment at a great rate.
Oh well. When the future looks a little iffy, just pick up that guitar and play. Aren't we lucky to have that outlet?
Happy weekend all.:beer:

just strum
October 21st, 2007, 07:50 AM
Ya, I'll have to admit that the geese are something else!

Damn, they just landed in my yard again!!!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/5-22-05a-1.jpg

"Ma, fetch me my gun"