PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of Fretters Meet (Tim and Warren)

warren0728
March 4th, 2006, 11:35 AM
So yesterday (Friday) Tim drove down from St. Augustine to my house in Winter Springs (about 1 1/2 hours). What a pleasure...he is a really nice guy.

The first thing we had to do was fix the input jack on my vox...the nut had come loose and the jack dropped down inside the amp (of course my son denied having anything to do with it although he was the last one to play it!) With tim's help i repaired it....the first time i had taken the vox apart.

Once that was done we started playing some of the Blues You Can Use licks that we are both working on. Then we put in a jazz backing track cd and messed around with some lead licks. I had to leave tim a few times because i was working on a magazine that the client HAD to have on Friday...that wasn't in the plan...thanks for your patience tim!

we played each others guitars and just generally had some fun. This is the first time i have played with another human and i enjoyed it.

we then went to Ron's Music Shack and had a nice visit. We talked with Ron mostly about recording and different ways and units to record with.

Afterwards we had some lunch and got home just in time for my kids to get home from school.

The last thing we did was play around with garage band a little (and after some trouble) finally got a guitar track down and played with the different amp settings.

All in all it was a fun day and we plan on getting together again.

Here are a few pics (most of them taken by my son).

http://www.warrenworld.com/fret/

SuperSwede
March 4th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Two nice teles meet, I bet that the twang-factor must have been high! :)

Warren, I hope you tried the amplitube amp plugin Warren. Lots of great tube tone!

Tim, how is the clean sound of your Tele. Does it still sound like a Tele even with humbuckers? Or do you get a sound more similar to a LP?

Tim
March 4th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Super Swede – This Custom Tele has two HBs. The bridge has some twang, but it is a warm twang. I hope that makes sense to your question. Together both HBs make the tone I always enjoyed, warm, full and clean.

SuperSwede
March 4th, 2006, 01:16 PM
It seems like a really nice guitar Tim! You could always install a push/pull to split the humbuckers for that single coil tele tone. Lots of great options with that model!

Tim
March 4th, 2006, 01:30 PM
You have my ear Super Swede!

SuperSwede
March 4th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Well, some (but not all) humbucker pickups can be "split" so that they basically become a single coil (ie only one half of the humbucker is used at the time).

There is some info on this subject here:
http://www.musictoyz.com/gearhead/gear5.php

warren0728
March 4th, 2006, 03:43 PM
It seems like a really nice guitar Tim!
it is a nice guitar...it played really sweet and looks really cool....definately has a different sound than my tele...probably closer to my ibanez.

ww

Spudman
March 4th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Warren
Cool that you two got together, but oh my g**. You guys are in shorts and it's sunny and green outside! What am I doing in Idaho? Oh wait...no bugs, gators or tornados. Thanks for reminding me. T W A N G ! The Tele's did meet.:)

warren0728
March 4th, 2006, 04:11 PM
you forgot hurricanes!

ww

Robert
March 4th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Great you fretters got together! Great pics too. My first thought was, "them guys must not have several feet of snow and ice like we do." When are you guys coming to Canada to jam with me (in the snow)?

warren0728
March 4th, 2006, 04:48 PM
robert,

i would love to come up there..i spent some time in banff once....what beautiful country.

ww

Tone2TheBone
March 5th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Hey you guys thats cool. Wouldn't it be awesome to ALL meet in one place sometime and have a mega jam. Great photos guys.