PDA

View Full Version : A blast from the past

pes_laul
October 21st, 2007, 02:56 PM
I was looking through some stuff and came along this CD back from when i was just starting to play my guitar. it's recorded on a squire strat (which is now broken:reallymad: ) Thx to my dad for playing drums and bass:Dude:
Tell me what ya think (even know the lead is kinda mediocre)

http://www.box.net/shared/t3x0ryebmi

tot_Ou_tard
October 21st, 2007, 04:55 PM
I had trouble playing that file, does it work for anybody else?

pes_laul
October 21st, 2007, 06:40 PM
there it should work now

YerDugliness
October 21st, 2007, 07:18 PM
WAY better than I could ever do, Pes!! You did lead lines that well when you were just starting to play?? Keep it up!!

Dugly :cool:

pes_laul
October 21st, 2007, 07:53 PM
aw your flattering me:o that was done when i was playing for about 6 months back in 2004 so i was about 10 years old. :)

Dreadman
October 21st, 2007, 09:49 PM
Sounds nice. It's good to keep recordings like that for the nostalgia as you grow and progress. Thanks for sharing.

sunvalleylaw
October 22nd, 2007, 12:04 PM
Hey, that is cool Pes! Do you have just the backer without lead? It would be fun to play with.

Guitar Gal
October 22nd, 2007, 02:45 PM
Sounds great Pes Laul :R

GG

pes_laul
October 22nd, 2007, 03:25 PM
Hey, that is cool Pes! Do you have just the backer without lead? It would be fun to play with.
yeah i made two tracks with with lead and a backing track

aeolian
October 22nd, 2007, 05:25 PM
Quite good at 6 months of playing. The point of playing is to getting better, right? Do you have more recent stuff for comparison then?

I also hear some rhythm on the tune (especially around 50 seconds in) that sounded quite good. Is that you too?

pes_laul
October 22nd, 2007, 08:49 PM
Quite good at 6 months of playing. The point of playing is to getting better, right? Do you have more recent stuff for comparison then?

I also hear some rhythm on the tune (especially around 50 seconds in) that sounded quite good. Is that you too?
yeah originaly my dad did the rythm to a drum machine then i came back and redid the rhythm and put down some lead then my dad tracked in bass and drums. good ol' multitracking:) though sometime I'm gonna redo the lead cuz it wasn't that great/