PDA

View Full Version : Hot Dogs

SuperSwede
October 23rd, 2007, 01:55 PM
I just watched a tv program about hot dogs... not much "meat" in some brands... pheu...I dont think that I want to eat a hot dog right now (they had filmed with a hidden camera)

Tone2TheBone
October 23rd, 2007, 02:11 PM
L and As around here. This is the American translation. You'll have to ask.

Unless of course they're the kosher kind...

SuperSwede
October 23rd, 2007, 02:19 PM

I couldnt tell if it was kosher or not with all those different species going through the grinder ;)

Algonquin
October 23rd, 2007, 02:36 PM
Thanks a lot! :reallymad:

Now what am I going to have for dinner?

sunvalleylaw
October 23rd, 2007, 02:39 PM

I had those H/N's at a friend's barbecue last year. (we avoid red meat at home). Compared to the normal hot dogs sold at American supermarkets, the Hebrew Nationals taste amazing. They have a lower fat version that is pretty good as well.

just strum
October 23rd, 2007, 03:08 PM
This might qualify for the "food thread"

luvmyshiner
October 23rd, 2007, 04:14 PM
The first year I was in law school I worked the night shift at a company that manufactured (among other things) turkey dogs. What went in them was turkey, but very little of it could be classified as meat (well, except for this one anatomical part, but I think we'll leave that alone:puke: ).

Spudman
October 23rd, 2007, 05:36 PM
Ewwwww!:puke:

Which part?:o :)

luvmyshiner
October 23rd, 2007, 06:17 PM
I doooooon't think you wanna' ask Spudman.:messedup:

Spudman
October 23rd, 2007, 06:32 PM
Well, it really doesn't matter to me because I only eat freshly killed raw meat on full moon evenings. I was just curious what my victims put into their bodies. ;) (hey, we really need some Halloween smileys):drool:

luvmyshiner
October 23rd, 2007, 06:37 PM
Snicker, let's just say there is no part of the bird that goes unused Spud!:D

Tone2TheBone
October 23rd, 2007, 06:52 PM
Like I said...Lips and *******s. :)

YerDugliness
October 23rd, 2007, 06:55 PM

Pickled turkey n*ts are a delicacy in most of the bars I frequented in college.

Better than pickled pigs feet, if you ask me, but I like them, too.

I had to draw the line at raw hamburger with onions and celery. Just didn't float my boat.

Went to college in a good old German town. They eat the strangest stuff!!!

Dugly :cool:

luvmyshiner
October 23rd, 2007, 07:20 PM
Turkey "fries" Dugly. Don't ask me how I know, but you have to cut them down the middle, bread them, and fry the ever *********** ********* **** out of them. And they don't taste half bad. Didn't y'all already have a similar thread about the worst thing you've ever tasted? I remember somebody eating dog, and somebody eating ducks tongues.:puke: :puke:

marnold
October 23rd, 2007, 07:34 PM
I had to draw the line at raw hamburger with onions and celery. Just didn't float my boat.

Went to college in a good old German town. They eat the strangest stuff!!!
There's nothing like some raw hamburger on a nice piece of pumpernickel with a good German pilsener. Of course, you have to know a good butcher so you don't get bubonic death.

Spudman
October 23rd, 2007, 09:17 PM

Do you mean to tell us that folks that eat turkey hot dogs actually eat the anus too? That's sickening, but in a neat sort of way.

SuperSwede
October 23rd, 2007, 11:52 PM
Well, it really doesn't matter to me because I only eat freshly killed raw meat on full moon evenings. I was just curious what my victims put into their bodies. ;) (hey, we really need some Halloween smileys):drool:

Nothing beats a fresh roadkill, Spud :D
Hey, do you have roadkill hot dogs in Idaho?

Spudman
October 24th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Nothing beats a fresh roadkill, Spud :D
Hey, do you have roadkill hot dogs in Idaho?

Just one or two slices of bread and down they go. We don't have time to make hot dogs out of them before the Utahns are scarfing them up.

Bloozcat
October 24th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Hebrew National 1/4 lb. dinner franks for me. More meat than bun, with great taste and good ingredients.
http://www.hebrewnational.com/images/pages/products/franks/14pound_beef_franks.gif

Haven't seen any road kill hot dogs. I have heard of Racoon-a-Roni, Turtle-ini, and Awesome Possum though...:D

Big_Rob
October 24th, 2007, 08:00 AM
I get my hot dogs from a butcher shop down here called Penn Dutch. They are the best tasting h/ds ive ever eaten because they use fresh beef to make them. Plus they arent that skinless crap.