PDA

View Full Version : Little R_of_G on the way...

R_of_G
October 24th, 2007, 09:24 AM
So we found out recently that Mrs. R_of_G is going to have a baby!!!!!

She is due the first week of June 2008. This will be our first [and likely only] child. We will be able to find out in January what the gender will be, so I will keep you updated.

So how young is too young to start teaching my kid to play guitar?

:Dude:

sunvalleylaw
October 24th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Congrats! You can use that baby reflex where they grip your finger by sticking a pick in there!! (just kidding, obvious safety issues.) LOL!

Lev
October 24th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Congrats man, I'm in the same boat - the first little Lev is due April '08. I think I may need to get some headphones for my guitar!!

Tone2TheBone
October 24th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Congrats both to you and Lev! Kids are great!

Robert
October 24th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Congrats! Are you going to name him "Jake"? :AOK:

Little kids are great. I have so much fun with our now 4 year old.

R_of_G
October 24th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Congrats man, I'm in the same boat - the first little Lev is due April '08. I think I may need to get some headphones for my guitar!!

Good for you Lev! MAybe our kids can grow up and be the next supergroup!

aeolian
October 24th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Congratulations to R_of_G and Lev. Children are great (speaking from experience of having 2). The difference between guitars and children is that you can put down a guitar when you don't feel like playing any more.

Be prepared for a life-changing experience when your baby arrives.

Big_Rob
October 24th, 2007, 10:17 AM
w00t!!! :beer:

Congrats! I have 2 little girls and they are by far the greatest joys in my life.

My 8 year old wants me to teach her how to play so Ive been letting her play with my backpacker. But I have been mainly concentrating on having her learn Karate first.

duhvoodooman
October 24th, 2007, 10:24 AM
CONGRATULATIONS to you and Mrs. of_G!! :AOK: :Dude:

marnold
October 24th, 2007, 11:55 AM
She is due the first week of June 2008. This will be our first [and likely only] child. We will be able to find out in January what the gender will be, so I will keep you updated.

So how young is too young to start teaching my kid to play guitar?

:Dude:
Congrats! I have four of my own. How young is too young? Umm, right now would be too young I'd say. Your wife would most likely object. Hopefully I'm going to start teaching my 10 year old soon.

ted s
October 24th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Congrats Mr and Mrs R_G on the future arrival of Mini_R_G

R_of_G
October 24th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Thanks guys for all of the kind thoughts! Much appreciated.:AOK:

SuperSwede
October 24th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Congrats!!! Nothing beats listening to some nice screaming baby solos in the middle of the night! :D

just strum
October 24th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Congrats to both of you, or actually all four of you. Play your guitars while the child is in the womb and he or she will probably come out reaching for an ax.

Enjoy every minute because everyone will tell you it goes by fast and it does, but it's going to be the most enjoyable time of you life. Well maybe not the dirty diapers and the screaming at night, but even those times make for good stories a few years down the road. If the baby looks like they are going to burp - DUCK:puke: (advise from experience)

luvmyshiner
October 24th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Congratulations guys. Strum is right, they do grow up fast. My advice is enjoy them now, when they turn 12 lock them in their room for 9 years.:rotflmao:

Spudman
October 24th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Congratulations R of G! :beer:

I know what you've been doing. tra la la la la:p

Katastrophe
October 24th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Congrats! Sleep now, you won't get a chance for a while after little R of G gets here. It's the most rewarding experience you'll ever have. My daughter will be 1 on November 15th.

Lev, congrats man. "Daddy" is the best job title there is!

pes_laul
October 24th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Congrats R of G. Just a quick note don't let them ride their tricycle down the stairs (long story from when i was 1 and a half) you know i just had a baby cousin born the other day.

Jimi75
October 25th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Congrats! I am happy for you!

I wish my wife would like to have another baby. Kids are great and I could imagine having one or two more...

:beer:

Brian Krashpad
October 25th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Congrats! Kids are fun!