PDA

View Full Version : DARN IT! Too bad I dont have the cash

Big_Rob
October 24th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Ive wanted an Ibanez Artist ARX series for a while and now that they've come down to a price range that I can afford, I dont have the cash to buy it..

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ARX300CRS-Electric-Guitar?sku=517966X

tunghaichuan
October 24th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Story of my life thus far: a day late and a dollar short :rotflmao:

Ive wanted an Ibanez Artist ARX series for a while and now that they've come down to a price range that I can afford, I dont have the cash to buy it..

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ARX300CRS-Electric-Guitar?sku=517966X

Spudman
October 24th, 2007, 03:37 PM
If you don't have a Musicians Friend Platinum card - apply. You can get up to one year interest free. On a $260 purchase they most likely will only give 6 months interest free. Still, that's less than $50 per month.

I played a couple of those at the Ibanez importers and they are really sweet. Hmmm, do I ....?:drool:

luvmyshiner
October 24th, 2007, 04:46 PM
I'm normally not much for the dark side and all, but that is a sweet looking guit Rob!:drool:

just strum
October 24th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Rob - find a way.

Dreadman
October 24th, 2007, 06:50 PM
How much did it cost before the price reduction?

(EDIT) Ohhhh, I just noticed it's a blem.

duhvoodooman
October 24th, 2007, 07:06 PM
The non-blem version os only $300. Man, that's a sweet looking guitar for not much coin....

Dreadman
October 24th, 2007, 07:08 PM
No kiddin voodoo. I checked with the wife and she thought it was pretty (that means I can buy it if I want).:drool:

sunvalleylaw
October 24th, 2007, 07:20 PM
I have my own no cash scenario. I feel your pain. Mine is a beautiful very slightly used (about one year old) Martin HD-28V with snowflake fret markers that sounds beautiful, projects loudly, and has the exact tone I want. The neck feels lovely in my hands, and it feels right. The spruce top is a beautiful golden color, and the rosewood is divine. One tiny small scratch on the top. But alas, there is no way for me to make it happen right now, or probably for a couple years to come at least. Darn it!

Big_Rob
October 25th, 2007, 01:33 PM
No kiddin voodoo. I checked with the wife and she thought it was pretty (that means I can buy it if I want).:drool:

Lucky!!!

just strum
October 25th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I think they're sold out.

Dreadman
October 26th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Well I came real close to buying one but I didn't want to make Big Rob feel bad.........

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

............ so I ordered this instead! :Dude:

(sorry bud:) )

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g164/phobuk/SZ520QM.jpg
(Ibanez SZ520QM)

If anyone's interested this is last year's model (2006) and is marked down from $530 to $400. All the big sellers have some left in purple, green & amber.
http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--IBASZ520QM

just strum
October 27th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Dreadman,

Very nice. Did you get the purple?

I couldn't tell how the strings are set up in the body - Never seen anything like that before. I went to the site, but enlarging the picture didn't help much.

Big Rob probably put his Ibanez money aside to use to purchase Lenny.

Dreadman
October 27th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Yup, got the purple. The strings just pass through holes in the body - similar to how strings go through a Strat tremolo. Probably the least expensive way possible to anchor strings but I really like the clean look on this particular guitar. Here's a bigger pic - http://cachepe.samedaymusic.com/media/quality,85/brand,sameday/SZ520QMTP-e1050ce826e6c3fd864d55aee82721b5.jpg

duhvoodooman
October 27th, 2007, 03:18 PM
A bigger pic, huh? You have the gift of understatement! Love that purple quilted finish! SWEETNESS!! If it sounds half as good as it looks, you should love it. Nice score!!!! :AOK: :Dude: :beer:

Spudman
October 27th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Congrats Dread. I think you'll really enjoy that guitar.:AOK:

I live close to the Ibanez importer for the western USA and stop in often to check out guitars. I've played the 520 a lot but never a purple one. I actually like the 520 and 320 the best. They seem to have more tone and projection than the more costly 720.

Dreadman
October 27th, 2007, 05:12 PM
I've played the 520 a lot but never a purple one. I actually like the 520 and 320 the best. They seem to have more tone and projection than the more costly 720.That's nice to hear. I more or less bought it on looks and wondered if I'd be missing something compared tothe 720.

wingsdad
October 27th, 2007, 05:59 PM
... The strings just pass through holes in the body - similar to how strings go through a Strat tremolo. Probably the least expensive way possible to anchor strings ...
Also like a Telecaster, Leo Fender's sublimely functional design concept about 5 years before he conceived the Strat. It's more or less the same principle behind how & why an acoustic guitar's strings are anchored through the bridge & top: to make the most of their vibrations married to those of the wood they're anchored through for sustain & tone.

just strum
October 27th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Hey, let's not lose sight of Big Rob!!!

Rob, any news on the guitar front? We want to see you with a new guitar.

Dreadman
October 27th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Agreed. My apologies for threadjacking. ;)

Dreadman
October 27th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Did you see this Rob? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ARX100CA-Electric-Guitar?sku=517965 Same guitar without the trans finish - only $199, and it's not a blem.

250Keith
October 27th, 2007, 07:04 PM
That guitar looks alot like my guitar, mine is less money same pickups, these guitars dont sound to bad and the necks play fairly good, with the necks I find that if my room is cold the morning the tuning is sharp and if its warm the tuning is flat, go figure, It takes some time to set the neck just right for low action and no fret buzz past the 12 fret.

just strum
October 27th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Agreed. My apologies for threadjacking. ;)

I didn't mean it that way, just wanted to see Rob get behind the body of a new guitar.

I know he has GAS and I'm sure he's jonesing. Can't stick around here without getting that GAS.:Dude: :drool: :Dude:

Dreadman
October 27th, 2007, 07:40 PM
I didn't mean it that way, just wanted to see Rob get behind the body of a new guitar.Oh, I know - I was just sayin.....

Can't stick around here without getting that GAS.:Dude: :drool: :Dude:No kiddin', huh? I wasn't even looking for a new guitar. This thread made me do it.