PDA

View Full Version : Ed Roman - Guitar Builder to the Stars

Nelskie
March 4th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Ed Roman has been collecting / building guitars for well over (30) years, and has earned quite a reputation amongst some of rock n' roll's elite players, including one of my all-time fave six-slingers, the Reverend Billy G.

I've had this site bookmarked for quite awhile, and it escapes me as to why I haven't posted it on The Fret.Net. There's tons of photos and interesting guitar information to be found here:

http://www.celebrityrockstarguitars.com/

Spudman
March 4th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Ed is amazingly outspoken. I love his rants and views on what we have all been taking for granted. It's lovely to have someone so outspoken who "tells it like it is. " I have a lot of respect for Ed and his sense of humor. Tweeee!

Robert
March 4th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Interesting. I don't know much abou him, but I have heard lots of disgust for him on the Fender Forum, but in any case, he must be a good business man.

dougb415
March 18th, 2006, 12:54 PM
I too am finding it hard to believe that I am hearing good things about Ed Roman. At TGP they strongly advise people to steer clear of anything remotely linked to Ed Roman.

jpfeifer
March 20th, 2006, 03:48 PM
I have never bought anything from Ed Roman, but I understand that he has an amazing collection of prime quality guitars in his store in Las Vegas. One of these days I want to visit his place.

It's strange but the postings I see about Ed Roman are either extremely negative or extremely positive, there seems to be no in between. He is one of those guys who will either irritate you or impress you I suppose.

On the positive side, the guys seems to know a lot about guitars and how the different brands compare with each other, especially the very high $$ ones. On the bad side, I've read that he is extremely opinionated and will actually try to talk people out of certain brands, or bad mouth them and call you an idiot for wanting to buy certain gear.

All I know is that he has really nice stuff in his shop. I've heard that you have to make an appointment to go in and try the guitars or risk getting chased out of the place. I don't know if that's true or not.

-- Jim

Robert
March 20th, 2006, 04:22 PM
I emailed him once about some info about Steinberger guitars, and although did respond to my question, he basically said something along the lines "don't expect any answer to such questions again, I'm a busy man".

Tone2TheBone
March 20th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Is he the one that knocks PRS guitars and yet modifys them and sells them?