PDA

View Full Version : It can happen...

SuperSwede
October 25th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Oh Laura are a swedish band that decided to try a different path to a record deal. They got tired of sending in tapes to record companies that doesnt listen, and doesnt understand that we need "new" music, not only what "american/swedish/whatever IDOL" has to offer at the moment. They sent their tape to SAAB instead, and they liked it so much that they decided to make a commercial based on this song for their new line of "green" cars.
The commercial made a lot of people call/mail SAAB, asking WHERE CAN I GET THAT SONG?

This is a fantastic song, and a healthy vitamin injection to the music industry!

Here is the commercial that started it all:

zKViA_z6jwE

And here is a live performance by "Oh Laura" from this summer:

sARJkrjjEG4

So... dont give up! It IS possible!

Spudman
October 25th, 2007, 01:37 PM
I like that. Not what I usually listen to but when she put the harmonica up to her lips I felt my pulse go a little faster.:drool:

So...are there any women in Sweden that aren't gorgeous?

Tone2TheBone
October 25th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Cute beady eyed Swedish girl yeee haw. +1 Thanks for the treat Swede.

sunvalleylaw
October 25th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Nice, I liked it a lot! The show "Gray's Anatomy" has been including some music that sounds a bit like that in its soundtrack. She is beautiful, and unless my eye is out of whack, that is a beautiful Martin being played as well. I like the story of how they found a way also! Plus, it looks like a nice music venue or festival. Reminds me of something you might see in Seattle. +1

just strum
October 25th, 2007, 03:40 PM
The music isn't of my interest, but that is one of the more unique ways I've heard a band get noticed. I wonder if SAAB gave them some cash for the use of the song or if the exposure was payment.

Oh, and Spud made a good observation too.

SuperSwede
October 26th, 2007, 08:12 AM
So...are there any women in Sweden that aren't gorgeous?

Well, this is about the lowest grade.. most are prettier though.

http://www.mtg-shops.de/images/98185.jpg

Algonquin
October 26th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Oh my...

Spudman
October 26th, 2007, 09:31 AM
See. That's the secret. If I was a guitar player in Sweden and knew ladies like that would be showing up to the shows then I'd be a really good player too.

This is what we get in the States. Not much incentive here.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Guitars/fat_lady.jpg

SuperSwede
October 26th, 2007, 10:36 AM
See. That's the secret. If I was a guitar player in Sweden and knew ladies like that would be showing up to the shows then I'd be a really good player too.

This is what we get in the States. Not much incentive here.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Guitars/fat_lady.jpg

Thats where all those potatoes from Idaho end up!? :pancake

Tone2TheBone
October 26th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Thats where all those potatoes from Idaho end up!? :pancake

LMAO. Good one. :beer:

Guitar Gal
October 26th, 2007, 02:45 PM
As one of the few, if not the only female Fretter, I also enjoyed the video. It's nice to hear some new stuff.

I must say though......that I tend to more closely resemble the pic posted by Super Swede rather than the one posted by Spudman.....except that I have red hair :beer:

GG

SuperSwede
October 26th, 2007, 02:52 PM
As one of the few, if not the only female Fretter, I also enjoyed the video. It's nice to hear some new stuff.

I must say though......that I tend to more closely resemble the pic posted by Super Swede rather than the one posted by Spudman.....except that I have red hair :beer:

GG

I tend to more closely resemble the first picture too.. :D

BUT that said, we dont want to discriminate you.. Here is a pic of a Swedish man (Marcus Schenkenberg) :beer:

http://cinempatia.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/terminator-1.jpg

Guitar Gal
October 26th, 2007, 03:36 PM
we dont want to discriminate you.. Here is a pic of a Swedish man (Marcus Schenkenberg) :beer:

Thanks for thinking of me SS.......... I know it's probably a self portrait, but you had to change the name to protect your true identity

:AOK:

GG

Spudman
October 26th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Dude! I can't believe you put up MY glamour shot and said it is some guy from Sweden. Please don't post any more until you OK it with me. :D

I tend to more closely resemble the first picture too.. :D

BUT that said, we dont want to discriminate you.. Here is a pic of a Swedish man (Marcus Schenkenberg) :beer:

just strum
October 26th, 2007, 04:19 PM

GG

I should do a "no comment", but after reading all the modesty regarding skill level, I can't let this one go.

GG I mean this as a true complement and not some website perv - guys, I've seen a picture of GG and I can tell you the only truth in GG statement is she has red hair. She is a beautiful woman that plays guitars and puts up with guys like us. - She is truly brains and beauty.

SuperSwede
October 27th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Dude! I can't believe you put up MY glamour shot and said it is some guy from Sweden. Please don't post any more until you OK it with me. :D

Ah gosh..... Spudman, I hate to break this to you.. but THIS was the glamour pic you sent me.

http://www.rightblueeye.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/HillbillyTeeth.jpg

luvmyshiner
October 27th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Aw come on Strum and GG, even y'all gotta admit that Spudman's picture was worse than "neked computer guy". Can I get an early release from probation now?? Pleeeeeeeease?:AOK:

just strum
October 27th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Aw come on Strum and GG, even y'all gotta admit that Spudman's picture was worse than "neked computer guy". Can I get an early release from probation now?? Pleeeeeeeease?:AOK:

I agree, but you are still on probation for crimes against humanity.

Guitar Gal
October 27th, 2007, 09:17 AM

I'm not sure how to quantify "worse".......both pics are pretty disturbing :puke:

GG

Guitar Gal
October 27th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Strum,

Thanks for the compliment.......and no one thinks you are some sort of "website perv"......Shiner, for one, is miles ahead of you in "perv points" :crazyguy:

GG

luvmyshiner
October 27th, 2007, 09:53 AM
......Shiner, for one, is miles ahead of you in "perv points" :crazyguy:

Awww (sniff) thanks GG.:) Believe me, that's the nicest thing that's been said about me this week (yup, it was one of those weeks).:D

luvmyshiner
October 27th, 2007, 09:55 AM
. . . but you are still on probation for crimes against humanity.

I prefer to call it . . . "practicing".:Dude: