PDA

View Full Version : Fender Deluxe Players Strat with a MIM 60th anniversary neck

Robert
October 26th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Here's a video of the "new" guitar. :whatever:

I posted this on the other neck thread, but as the show-off I am, I am bugging you here too. ;)

I'll record more stuff with the geetar. I think my video camera is having issues, maybe it needs cleaning.

Tone2TheBone
October 26th, 2007, 11:01 AM
It looks killer with the new neck. Do you notice the change in sound from rosewood? It made my Strat sound chimey in a cool way.

Robert
October 26th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Yeah, it's slightly brighter but also has a more "woody" flavour to the sound. I have some buzzing on the first fret I hope I can fix. It seems like it's a bit low compared to all the other frets. I love the feel of this neck.

sunvalleylaw
October 26th, 2007, 12:21 PM
So cool! I love the look of that guitar with the maple, blue and tort! Sounds great too! I am really glad you love the neck.

Jimi75
October 26th, 2007, 03:29 PM
It looks and sounds like you have a lot of fun with that new combination. I love maple necks and I think they give you that special woody feel.

Great Robert. I am happy you got that neck!

SuperSwede
October 27th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Maple is the way to go! Go Canada!

Sounds great Robert!

duhvoodooman
October 27th, 2007, 06:34 AM
Sounds great, Robert. Yes, seems a bit brighter and more articulate on the highs than the rosewood neck.

BTW, how come your ZYS sounds better than mine? I must have used better resistors for yours or something. Yeah, that's the ticket. Couldn't be the player.... ;)

Robert
October 27th, 2007, 08:25 AM
I modded my ZYS... it's a secret what I did to it, haha!

Thanks guys!

Spudman
October 27th, 2007, 09:06 AM
I modded my ZYS... it's a secret what I did to it, haha!

Thanks guys!

There is a mod for those already?! Where do I find it?;)

Guitar Gal
October 27th, 2007, 09:36 AM
I love the look of your new maple neck on your strat Robert! :AOK: Very nice!

As always, your playing is supurb :drool:

GG

elavd
October 27th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Hi Robert!
I think also, that the guitar looks cooler now !!! ;)
Your playing is superb as always!!! :AOK:

But I'd like to ask you this:
Do you REALLY hear the difference of the maple neck, or your ears where "prepared" to hear the difference?

I am not trying to start a "rosewood VS maple differences "war about I'm really curious to hear this from you ;)

Elias

Robert
October 29th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Good question, elavd. It is a very subtle difference. I am sure my ears were prepared to hear the difference, but I do think I can hear it.

When you change a guitar part like this, your whole instrument changes. It now looks, feels (and sounds) a little different, so I probably react to this whole "change". And I do like it... :)

One of the reasons my guitar sounds so good is because DuhVoodooMan and the ZYS he built, as well as Todd and his 19 Sixty 3 clean boost pedal he built for me. Both pedals are just fantastic, and I would not survive without these pedals. These 2 pedals are must-haves! :Dude:

duhvoodooman
October 29th, 2007, 11:15 AM
One of the reasons my guitar sounds so good is because DuhVoodooMan and the ZYS he built, as well as Todd and his 19 Sixty 3 clean boost pedal he built for me. Both pedals are just fantastic, and I would not survive without these pedals. These 2 pedals are must-haves! :Dude:
Thanks for your kind remarks re: the ZYS pedal, Robert. I think most of the credit must go to Keith Vonderhulls at BYOC for an excellent job of reproducing the classic Tube Screamer overdrive circuit with a couple of modern improvements. The key to this pedal, IMO, is its excellent transparency, which is particularly important with single coils. That really struck me in listening to this clip, since the tone was augmented but not fundamentally changed when the ZYS kicked in. My modifications are really about extending the pedal's flexibility and tonal range, but they wouldn't mean squat without a solid basic circuit design that gives a great overdriven tone as a foundation.