PDA

View Full Version : Some Joe Bonamassa

TS808
October 26th, 2007, 04:06 PM
This is cool...even better than the recorded version. The bassist is awesome too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyEdUajXBsI

marnold
October 27th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Going to be seeing him a week from Monday! I'm pretty geeked.

Spudman
October 27th, 2007, 09:11 AM
That was hot. I was wondering if he could do it live as well as the record. All doubts have been erased.

sunvalleylaw
October 27th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Thanks that was great! Have fun Marnold, I kinda wish I would have driven the 5 hours to see him when he came to Oregon recently.

slow&alive
October 27th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Thanks, TS808! I've seen this clip before, but it was great to hear it again!

Takes me back a few years when I heard Joe at the House of Blues at Disneyland, and yes, they are that good in person. :AOK: They are the definitive "three piece group"!

duhvoodooman
October 27th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Here's a JB favorite of mine:

vUdXFo-KNXM

slow&alive
October 27th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Oh yeah, dvm! That one really brought back the memories since he played that one the night I saw him.

It was so cool when he got to the part where he was playing so low in volume...I remember looking around at the crowd who were all transfixed in that moment by Joe and his little itty, bitty baby notes...what a flash!

Great sound on that video too!

Thanks, duhvoodooman! :AOK:

Lev
October 27th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Great clip DVM, I'm a huge fan but hadn't seen that clip before, made my day!

duhvoodooman
October 27th, 2007, 05:38 PM
A couple more good ones from Joe:

Blues Deluxe (my first memory of this tune is ca. late 1968 with Jeff Beck playing and Rod Stewart singing)

PBgAfksivZo&NR=1

And for you acoustic afficionados....

M5B3FYUBPyo

Lev
October 27th, 2007, 05:54 PM
..here's an amazing acoustic reworking of High Water Everywhere

mfFfOcbEkgM

Jimi75
October 28th, 2007, 12:30 PM
I saw Joe two times live. For me the crazy thing is that Joe's voice get better and better and his guitar playing is from heaven, but his songwriting gets worse.

From my point of view - which is that I saw Joe with his former bass player and with the red headed one - the performance is pretty lame fomr the bass side.

I know that the former bas player might have had his issues with alcohol, but he really kicked a** and he even pushed Joe to his limits.

:whatever:

TS808
October 28th, 2007, 02:03 PM
I'm seeing Joe Bonamassa on November 21st. Honestly, all the clips I've seen, the guy rocks, and I'm pretty impressed by the rhythms of both bassists.

Tone2TheBone
October 30th, 2007, 10:00 AM
( Hey Iago quit looking at this thread he's overrated!)

;) hahahaha