PDA

View Full Version : She's like the wind

Jimi75
October 27th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Hello friends,

A good friend of mine is going to marry next week. He asked me if I would perform "THEIR SONG" which is "unfortunately" Patrick Swayze's "She's like the wind". Of course I promissed to do so.

He gave me his Line6 Variax300 to record the song acoustically and this is what came out.

http://www.box.net/shared/crtu3o48sp

What'd you say - can I present the song this way in front of all his family and friends while he and his bride are dancing to it????

Thanks for letting me know...and by the way, I couldn't deny putting some jazzy stuff into the song.....:rotflmao:

Greetz
Jimi

t_ross33
October 27th, 2007, 04:08 PM
uhm... ya THINK! :beer:

awesome as always J

Guitar Gal
October 27th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Jimi,

I loved it! :D
Nice touch with the little jazzy parts. I think your friends will be impressed :Dude:

GG

elavd
October 27th, 2007, 05:37 PM
I have one comment:

When you sing "Feel her breath in my face", you play a major chord. I think that you have to play its relative minor one. For example if you play C, you have to play Am ;)

You have very nice voice by the way!!! ;)

just strum
October 27th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Jimi,

I seldom comment on these types of things only because from a technical aspect I don't know good from bad, I just know that I like it. However, I make this exception because I like what you did and the reason you are doing it.

You're playing this for a good friend, on a special occasion - play it with feeling and you will be right on target - nice job.

Is that you singing?

oldguy
October 27th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Nice! :AOK: :AOK: :beer: :Dude:

(To be honest, it was never my favorite song either, but you've improved it alot, Jimi.)

sunvalleylaw
October 27th, 2007, 11:54 PM
I like your rendition. Good voice, and sounds soulful the way you play it.:AOK:

SuperSwede
October 28th, 2007, 01:18 AM
Besides being one of the few germans that actually can sing in English (*hint* scorpions not part of this group*hint*) you also do it with a excellent voice. I like your arrangement, but I really dont like the sound coming out of the variax. Go for a regular acoustic for this one. +1

Jimi75
October 28th, 2007, 04:17 AM
Thanks for all your nice comments, although this is judt a "wedding" song.
I will play this song on a Guilkd acoustic, not on the variax of course!

Thanks for that "a German that can sing English".

sunvalleylaw
October 28th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Thanks for all your nice comments, although this is judt a "wedding" song.
I will play this song on a Guilkd acoustic, not on the variax of course!

Thanks for that "a German that can sing English".

You have a Guild Acoustic? I like the ones I have tried. Tell us more! The ones I tried were built recently in the Tacoma plant in my home town. (See Tacoma guitar thread)

marnold
October 29th, 2007, 08:42 AM
I can't imagine anyone doing a better job with that song than that.

As an aside, when that song was popular I used to sing, "She's breaking wind in her jeans. She's passing gas next to me."

Justaguyin_nc
October 29th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Great sound Jimi..as usual! they will really enjoy and remember this song the rest of their marrage..and then some..;)

333maxwell
October 30th, 2007, 03:05 AM
Hello friends,

A good friend of mine is going to marry next week. He asked me if I would perform "THEIR SONG" which is "unfortunately" Patrick Swayze's "She's like the wind". Of course I promissed to do so.

He gave me his Line6 Variax300 to record the song acoustically and this is what came out.

http://www.box.net/shared/crtu3o48sp

What'd you say - can I present the song this way in front of all his family and friends while he and his bride are dancing to it????

Thanks for letting me know...and by the way, I couldn't deny putting some jazzy stuff into the song.....:rotflmao:

Greetz
Jimi

The song will likely last longer than the marriage..

I RARELY get the time (like tonight) where I get to sit down and listen to others..

Lot of talent folk around here, you included.. I am starting to feel a bit silly by my meager offerings..

Nice sh1t man.. works good for me tonight anyways...

great ear,...