PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

frankencat
March 4th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Cool site. I just purchased a Vox AD50VT and am digging it. Been doing tons of research and found this place by way of patchtronix.com. I have been playing for 25+ years pro and semi-pro. Been around the block a bit buy I am always learning. I am a Christain and I rock for Jesus! My main amp is a Bogner Shiva but I have been messing with modelers since they came out a few years ago and I am really enjoying the Vox. God bless you all and look forward to spending some time here learning and sharing. Peace -Frank

Higher Ground Band
Tampa Bay, Florida
http://www.highergroundband.com
Rockin' for Jesus!
<><

Spudman
March 4th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Frank

Welcome aboard...The Love Boat. It's an inside joke or go to the backing track section on the forum. That will explain everything.

Anyway, we all have a good time here and hope that you will too. I don't have one of the Vox amps that you mentioned but after hanging out here I know a lot more about them now.

I just went to the Bogner site last night and listened to the clips of a guy that I had purchased something from. Then I just had to listen to all the other clips too. Very cool! Quite a machine.

Enjoy yourself here.

Robert
March 4th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Welcome Frank! I have a AD50VT as well, and it is a great versatile tool. That Bogner must be a great amp!
Have fun at TheFret.Net!

Tone2TheBone
March 5th, 2006, 12:37 AM
Welcome Frank, dig your enthusiasm. Would like to hear what your influences are. I used to be a big fan of Christian metal/rock bands such as The Res Band, Bloodgood, Stryper, Barren Cross, Whitecross and The Daniel Band et al, including the phenomenal guitar sounds of Phil Keaggy. Look forward to your posts.

warren0728
March 5th, 2006, 05:54 AM
welcome frank...this is a great forum...you will like it here

glad to see another floridian on the board....i live near orlando and tim is in st. augustine!

ww

Justaguyin_nc
March 5th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Congrats on the purchase Frank... Welcome to the forum... Look forward to your Inputs and outputs...

duhvoodooman
March 5th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Wow, welcome Frank, great to have another real pro on the board! Not to mention a fellow Christian! I was checking out some of the Higher Ground tunes and you guys sound great! I was very impressed by the guitar work, which I assume was mostly yours, and your wife has a great set of pipes. IMO, there are a lot more good guitarists around than good singers, so she's a real treasure for your band and ministry.

That Bogner Shiva is quite an amp--beautiful piece of hardware you have there! And it does my heart good to read your positive comments about your new AD50VT, because I own the 30 amp version.

I saw in one of your other postings that you're originally from NY. What part? I'm a life-long resident of the Albany area.

I also came across a couple of your patches posted over at the Valvetronix site. I found the two "FAS" Classic Rock patches interesting, because you approached them from the opposite way I've taken in the past. You started with a high-gain model and backed off on the gain to clean it up. I've generally started with a cleaner model and pushed the gain & volume to get the break-up tones. I'll have to fool around some now with your approach.

Hope to see a lot more of you here!

SuperSwede
March 5th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Welcome Frank!

I havent really been listening to Christian music before, but I liked what I heard on your soundclick page! :)

Justaguyin_nc
March 5th, 2006, 01:58 PM
You know they use to blame bluesmen and Rockers for stealing Gospel songs and making them into such bad music.... this shows there is a complete circle... god would be pleased and aint that all we can ask... nice songs Frank!

Nelskie
March 5th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Welcome, Frank. I look forward to your contributions to the forum, and plan on checking out your link.

frankencat
March 5th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks all for the kind words. When you get right down to it music is a gift from God to us. It's what we do with it that makes the differece. :)

Duhvoodooman, bless you brother. I checked out your web site and it's very cool. God is good all the time!

-Frank

r_a_smith3530
March 5th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Welcome Frank! Come in, take your shoes off, sit a spell. Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Good group of folks here, real easy-goin'.

Tim
March 6th, 2006, 06:24 AM
Frank – Welcome to the Fret Net. I too attempt to play the new contemporary Christian music. But, I am nothing like you. I just strum along with the rest of the players. I hope to improve my skills so I can contribute more to the small group that I play with. I have been asked to think about joining a friend who along with a few other musicians, visit the local state prison once a month. I do not believe I’m there yet, but maybe in the future.

frankencat
March 6th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Frank – Welcome to the Fret Net. I too attempt to play the new contemporary Christian music. But, I am nothing like you. I just strum along with the rest of the players. I hope to improve my skills so I can contribute more to the small group that I play with. I have been asked to think about joining a friend who along with a few other musicians, visit the local state prison once a month. I do not believe I’m there yet, but maybe in the future.
Go for it Tim. We have been invited to do some work with Bill Glass Prison Ministries this summer :)

Matt
March 9th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Hope its not too late to say hey! Welcome to the boards!

regards

Matt

frankencat
March 9th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Hi Matt, thanks :)