PDA

View Full Version : Out in the west Texas town of El Paso,

Big_Rob
October 29th, 2007, 09:29 AM
This is one of my favorite ballads. I just love the way that the Grateful Dead covered it.

Bobby Wier has the perfect voice to do this song.

12FqbE8EmZg

Tone2TheBone
October 29th, 2007, 09:32 AM
I could never get into the Dead. Used to hang around Deadheads sometimes too. The girls were kinda freaky. Cool song though.

Big_Rob
October 29th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Ever since Sirius introduced the Grateful Dead channel, Ive been in GD Nirvana.

snarph
October 29th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Shoot the original with Marty Robbins was MOMS favorite let me tell thats a spooky memory

Justaguyin_nc
October 29th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Shoot the original with Marty Robbins was MOMS favorite let me tell thats a spooky memory

Still my fav version
Edit: the dancer did not influence me in my decision!

-m2KDyCDut4

Big_Rob
October 29th, 2007, 12:55 PM
I would have to agree with everyone that the Marty Robbins version is the best because the original is always the best.

Brian Krashpad
October 29th, 2007, 01:16 PM
My dad is/was a huge Marty Robbins fan. I bet I know every word to that song. Iirc there was even a sequel to the song that told the story of what happened after the original protaganist was shot.

t_ross33
October 29th, 2007, 09:18 PM
My dad is/was a huge Marty Robbins fan. I bet I know every word to that song. Iirc there was even a sequel to the song that told the story of what happened after the original protaganist was shot.
Same here. This album cover is forever etched in my memory :rotflmao:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/t_ross33/marty.gif

The sequel (at least one of them) is "El Paso City" also by Marty Robbins and tells the tale of a 20th Century traveller flying over the city and having a twighlight zone momement where he thinks he may be the reincarnation of the tragic cowboy in the original.

Cool stuff.

Trev

Big_Rob
October 30th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Both songs are on his MySpace page

http://www.myspace.com/martyrobbinselpaso