PDA

View Full Version : 27min. Spider Valve video

Jimi75
October 29th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Hey, I found that large video (with loads of sounds) which I find gives a very good overall impression of that new Line6 amp.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1250624321?bclid=1260648856&bctid=1258439350

Still I am not sure what to think of this amp. I have to play and hear it myself.

Greetz and enjoy the video

Jimi

abraxas
October 29th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the post Jimi! :Dude:

just strum
October 29th, 2007, 04:51 PM
When I was looking for an amp I took about 3 to 4 months before I settled on my AD30VT. Line 6 was in the running at the beginning, but the more reviews I read and the more times I tried it out I ended up with the Vox. During that search I eventually got turned off by Line 6, although there are many people out there that would go with Line 6.

I don't think Line 6 did themselves a great service with the presentation. Too much talk and not enough quality samples. I would b e interested in hearing from anyone that has tried out this amp. I'm not in the market, but I have a couple of friends that are.

Lev
October 31st, 2007, 11:43 AM
very interesting, I'd love to try one.

fendermojoman
November 2nd, 2007, 11:59 AM
I had a Line 6 Spider ll and traded it in on a VOX AD30VT which I loved. Unfortunately it didn't take long before it died and warranty service was bad. I then bought a newer Line 6 Spider lll, it's a very good modeling Amp but just doesn't appeal to me very much. I am now going to buy a Kustom 36 Coupe tube amp.

TS808
November 4th, 2007, 07:33 AM
I just traded in a Line 6 Duoverb combo for a Fender Vibrolux. The Duoverb was a pretty decent amp, but lacked that upper end brilliance...the cabinet was HUGE.

I owned a Line 6 Flextone III Plus in the past and thought it was a cool amp actually...not as lively as a Vox modeler, but some of the models on the Flextone III were pretty good.